Login

russian armor

What good is the tiger tank?

PAGES (14)down
nee
11 May 2015, 19:07 PM

Tiger tank is good because it is more durable than regular Ostheer units.

CAS is popular simply because it is much easier to use.
11 May 2015, 20:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Tiger is more or less fine. Only thing I'd like is swapping speeds with the IS-2 since that follows the game's general logic toward armour vs. speed.
11 May 2015, 20:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2015, 13:23 PMBurts
Lol at this thread and lol at alex saying that IS-2 is better againts infantry with his complete inability to understand anything.

If you don't believe me here are the stats:

IS2:

Name:
D25t 122mm IS2 gun
File name:
is2_d25t_122mm_mp.xml
Nation:
soviet
Penetration:
250.0/220.0/190.0
Scatter angle:
Scatter distance:
AoE radius:
AoE far:
AoE mid:
AoE near:

Tiger:

Name:
Kwk 36 88mm Tank Gun (Tiger)
File name:
tiger_kwk36_88mm_mp.xml
Nation:
ostheer
Penetration:
220.0/200.0/180.0
Scatter angle:
Scatter distance:
AoE radius:
AoE far:
AoE mid:
AoE near:
11 May 2015, 20:52 PM

If you don't believe me here are the stats:

IS2:

Name:
D25t 122mm IS2 gun
File name:
is2_d25t_122mm_mp.xml
Nation:
soviet
Penetration:
250.0/220.0/190.0
Scatter angle:
Scatter distance:
AoE radius:
AoE far:
AoE mid:
AoE near:

Tiger:

Name:
Kwk 36 88mm Tank Gun (Tiger)
File name:
tiger_kwk36_88mm_mp.xml
Nation:
ostheer
Penetration:
220.0/200.0/180.0
Scatter angle:
Scatter distance:
AoE radius:
AoE far:
AoE mid:
AoE near:

4.3 vs 5.7 scatter is a BIG difference. Not a small one.
11 May 2015, 21:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2015, 20:52 PMBurts

So is 3.5 versus 4 when fighting smaller squads. Which you will be when facing Ostheer and most of the time while facing OKW.

They are similar~, the IS2 is better at killing enemy armor and has better mobility, both tanks are comparable because they cost the same.
11 May 2015, 23:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2015, 07:50 AMassbag

It's true that IS-2 and, 2x 85s usually beat a tiger. But Why shouldn't they? They are more expensive and are worse against inf than tiger. And ost has better options to support his tiger than soviets. Tiger supproted by Paks and schreks have advantage over IS-2/T34 85s supported by zis and ptrs. Jackson is dedicated tank destoryer and killing tanks is all it can do.

Tigers are good... IS2, 85s and jacksons are good too.

Now, i'm confused, why is tiger better with support? Pak is just little bit better against AT than ZiS, and u forgot one thing about schreks, this is OST schreks, not OKW schreks... You know what that means? Well, OKW schreks are used by cheap 5 guys volks that are unkillable with vet, but in this case... OST schreks that are used by high cost, high reinforce, easy to wipe 4 man pack of cigaretts called panzer grenadiers. And if your enemy is building pgrens and upgrading them with schreks he is doing you a favor for wasting a shitload of resources and giving you free xp. And after ptrs megabuff, IS with support is alpha and beta, becuase with that trio u can melt armor AND infantry (zis can still wipe infantry if you have ammo).

Only OST commander that is reliable with some fun factor is CAS, until the nerf when the next patch comes, so 5 months.
12 May 2015, 00:24 AM

Permanently Banned

Now, i'm confused, why is tiger better with support? Pak is just little bit better against AT than ZiS, and u forgot one thing about schreks, this is OST schreks, not OKW schreks... You know what that means? Well, OKW schreks are used by cheap 5 guys volks that are unkillable with vet, but in this case... OST schreks that are used by high cost, high reinforce, easy to wipe 4 man pack of cigaretts called panzer grenadiers. And if your enemy is building pgrens and upgrading them with schreks he is doing you a favor for wasting a shitload of resources and giving you free xp. And after ptrs megabuff, IS with support is alpha and beta, becuase with that trio u can melt armor AND infantry (zis can still wipe infantry if you have ammo).

Only OST commander that is reliable with some fun factor is CAS, until the nerf when the next patch comes, so 5 months.

u focus too much on pgrens, the reason y the i2 is slightly better than the tiger is becsuse ost has better AT options
12 May 2015, 00:59 AM

Out of all the things that is wrong with the axis vs allies balance, the tiger tank is not one of them.

True..

The role of the tiger and the play style of Ost has gone through some changes since the first year of coh2. You cannot just amove a tiger anymore. As some have said, it is a punch taker and primarily an anti infantry vehicle. Sure it can inflict damage to other heavy tanks but you are best using pak pairs with target weak spot and if possible use a panther or p4 to flank or chase down dying tanks.

It is also fairly strong vs USF. You won't loose it to jacksons unless you get caught out of position and smoke will often save the day if you have it. It also deals insane damage to rifles. P47 planes are only a problem if your opponent calls it in after a major engagement ( which ironically you may have won )when the tiger is low on health, or if you are close to the edge of the map or in a corner. The big issue with p47 is the amount time they hang around as the tiger basically has to sit it out waiting for the planes to piss of. This can loose you the game sometimes if vps are low.

The biggest issue for tiger is 2 T85s with mark target or worse 4 T85s. You will almost always trade down in this engagement. I have found that when facing multiple T85s you are better going for multiple teller mines rather than pg shrecks mainly because pgs have to shadow your tiger everywhere as well as the packs, so you lose some mobility/map presence and the fact that your are at increased risk of getting swarmed..

Some maps also remain a problem but that is already well known.
12 May 2015, 03:24 AM

Tiger has become obsolete. With marked target and t34:85s it melts. It's no match vs is2, and there is no doubt that both is2 and tiger are squad wiping machines. Oops except u can't wipe allied squads as easy because of their larger squad sizes!!!! Buff tiger armor to make it useful again. Is2 rules the field right now. I've never seen so many bounced shots in coh2 than I do with the is2
12 May 2015, 04:49 AM

is-2 bouncing for its cost effectiveness is an abomination.
Pz 4 is basically helpless..u can have 5-6 and it won't penetrate at point blank range.
12 May 2015, 06:21 AM

Tiger has become obsolete. With marked target and t34:85s it melts. It's no match vs is2, and there is no doubt that both is2 and tiger are squad wiping machines. Oops except u can't wipe allied squads as easy because of their larger squad sizes!!!! Buff tiger armor to make it useful again. Is2 rules the field right now. I've never seen so many bounced shots in coh2 than I do with the is2

This man knows.
12 May 2015, 06:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2015, 20:52 PMBurts

Nice how you extract from context just the thing that advantages the Tiger. How about the other (many) features that give advantage to IS2 compared to Tiger? Blindness and Bias, your name is Allied Fanboy.
12 May 2015, 06:47 AM

The Tiger has, at the same cost, absolutely no advantage in any parameter compared to IS 2 or T-34-85s.
12 May 2015, 06:51 AM

Tiger is no "role over everything" unit. Learn how to use it, support it.
12 May 2015, 07:11 AM
Donator 22

Seriously you people complain about the tiger out of all things :lolol: IS-2 and 85s have advantage over tiger. But ost has better support for it's tanks. IS-2 won't solo a tiger when pak sits behind it.

We had a time when ost had better tanks AND better support for it's tanks. Back then it was the bullshit abilities like the old mark, ram, button what made soviets able to compite. Now soviets have superior tanks but ost has superior support for it's tanks. I think that's a good way to balance them.
12 May 2015, 07:54 AM

The tiger can't beat any enemy lategame armor.Its incapable of fighting on its own,needs constant pak support wholegame to have ANY impact.

I agree. It needs some more armor or health.

Tiger is no "role over everything" unit. Learn how to use it, support it.

Middle ground would be nice. It's a heavy tank, it shouldn't have to be so scared to move ever so slightly away from its friends.
12 May 2015, 08:08 AM

is-2 bouncing for its cost effectiveness is an abomination.
Pz 4 is basically helpless..u can have 5-6 and it won't penetrate at point blank range.

Have you tried making a plan to take it out and not just a-move?
12 May 2015, 08:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2015, 07:11 AMassbag
Seriously you people complain about the tiger out of all things :lolol: IS-2 and 85s have advantage over tiger. But ost has better support for it's tanks. IS-2 won't solo a tiger when pak sits behind it.

We had a time when ost had better tanks AND better support for it's tanks. Back then it was the bullshit abilities like the old mark, ram, button what made soviets able to compite. Now soviets have superior tanks but ost has superior support for it's tanks. I think that's a good way to balance them.

Ye, but those times are long gone.
Also, its not really true that OH has better support. Zis has better relative chance of pen vs Tiger than Pak vs IS-2, to a point this is mitigated by higher RoF and better vet ability (TWP). However, Paks with their 4-man crews are more squishy than the ZiS and both Shock Rifle and Guard Motor can far more easily displace or kill the Pak line than vice versa with Shocks, Flame arty or 120s. Again, its the support that matters, the Tiger takes forever to really hurt the IS-2.

Provided both sides have decent micro (also meaning, don't do balls deep moves without prior sweeping and run into Tellers), supported IS-2 wins vs Supported Tiger 9 out of 10 times in my experience, except when OH has gone Lightning war for loiter CAS, that turns to improve OH chances drastically.
12 May 2015, 08:13 AM

Nobody seems to mention that a faust will cause engine damage to an IS-2 like every single time. If you cannot kill a crawling tank then what....
Without smoke or blitz the IS2 has considerably less chances surviving compared to a Tiger or any other german tank.
12 May 2015, 08:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2015, 08:13 AMmrako
Nobody seems to mention that a faust will cause engine damage to an IS-2 like every single time. If you cannot kill a crawling tank then what....
Without smoke or blitz the IS2 has considerably less chances surviving compared to a Tiger or any other german tank.

No offence man, but all wrong.
Pzfaust has 140(? correct me if I am wrong) penetration against the IS-2s 390 frontal armour, meaning, your chances of getting a penetration are pretty darn slim. Not to mention I don't see why you would get fausted in the first place. Not saying you can always avoid that, I certainly don't manage to, but that usually comes down to a micro mistake.
Blitz has very little impact on the Tiger after the recent changes, and smoke comes only in one Tiger doctrine, not to mention there is attack ground which circumvents it to a point. In practical terms, IS-2 survivability is much better.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS