Login

russian armor

No tech demo just poor design.

PAGES (11)down
10 Jun 2015, 17:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You can also use it to wipe units getting inside a building :P
10 Jun 2015, 22:02 PM

The attack cursor certainly does appear for all standard infantry, but no sweeper pios and sturmpios cannot shoot demo charges they will always try to disarm them.

If your Sturms have their sweepers stashed will they still try to disarm?
10 Jun 2015, 23:25 PM

Permanently Banned

If your Sturms have their sweepers stashed will they still try to disarm?

How will they detect it if their sweepers are put away?
11 Jun 2015, 01:05 AM

How will they detect it if their sweepers are put away?

You could have two Sturms operating together, but only one with the sweeper.
11 Jun 2015, 01:13 AM

use attack move to get sweepers to shoot at the demo. The Hotkey for it is "A".
11 Jun 2015, 02:12 AM
Patrion 28

you also can't attack mines that are under construction.
11 Jun 2015, 11:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2015, 15:41 PMBlalord

We all use demo's as hyper buffed mines
What is the pourcentage of demo's actually being used to destroy bunker / empty buildings compare to demo being used in a middle of a road, a chockpoint or a ressource point ?

Sound point..... its as if the Soviets time-traveled to 21st century and learned IED crafting from Iraq or something:foreveralone:

You could have two Sturms operating together, but only one with the sweeper.

So 640 MP + Minesweeper cost to counter 90 munition on-control mine that can effectively counters every single type of unit save aircrafts....

Very well balanced imo:banana:
11 Jun 2015, 11:17 AM

Pios, strum will always try to defuse it, with or without their sweeters.

Demos for the SU need a massive cost increase. Something along 180 MUNI, it's better than the stuka diving run actually.

In case of USF it is a different story though. It's fine IMO. It's not like they are floating munis anyway.
11 Jun 2015, 11:42 AM

or simple = a pio have to be in a parameter of "Enter distance here" to be able to detonate the thing
11 Jun 2015, 20:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2015, 11:08 AMRupert

Sound point..... its as if the Soviets time-traveled to 21st century and learned IED crafting from Iraq or something:foreveralone:

So 640 MP + Minesweeper cost to counter 90 munition on-control mine that can effectively counters every single type of unit save aircrafts....

Very well balanced imo:banana:

Whenever I play OKW I tend to have at least two, often three Sturms anyways, and if they aren't with my main force then they usually travel in pairs. It's not 640MP + sweepers to counter 90 muni, its 640MP + sweepers that are an effective base of fire, guard against enemy assault troops, and as an added bonus counter any traps my enemies have set.

I love Stalingrad when I play OKW against SU because they always go Shocks, and my Sturms just wipe the floor with them.
11 Jun 2015, 22:08 PM

Whenever I play OKW I tend to have at least two, often three Sturms anyways,

Good luck with that. Maybe a replay or ELO would help verify mass sturmpio strat.

I love Stalingrad when I play OKW against SU because they always go Shocks, and my Sturms just wipe the floor with them.

Uh... what? Replays or didn't happen. Unless the total investment in sturmpio is double that of shocks.
11 Jun 2015, 22:38 PM

no unless your mate spends fuel and vet them up using elite training. Wait, toiletgrad is a 1v1 map.
11 Jun 2015, 22:48 PM

no unless your mate spends fuel and vet them up using elite training. Wait, toiletgrad is a 1v1 map.

Ohh just wait :snfBarton::snfPeter:
11 Jun 2015, 22:51 PM
11 Jun 2015, 23:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2015, 22:08 PMRupert

Good luck with that. Maybe a replay or ELO would help verify mass sturmpio strat.

Uh... what? Replays or didn't happen. Unless the total investment in sturmpio is double that of shocks.

I wouldn't call two or three "mass," exactly. I find them to be very helpful supporting my volks, as they keep rifles, cons, and penals from closing effectively (less so against flamers, but still helpful). I also use a lot of mines, wire, and general defenses and it's nice to not have to do it all with one squad. If they manage to pick up a shreck they're even like discount pgrens.

As for the Shocks v. Sturms thing, many people don't seem to realize that Sturms are best kept at a sort of in-between short-medium range instead of full on in-your-face gangbanging action. If I have Sturms stationary shooting on Shocks as they advance (which Shocks must do to be effective), then they'll easily force the squad to retreat before they can close. If the Shocks don't retreat, then my Sturms now have a numerical advantage and have a good chance of wiping the squad in close quarters. All the green cover laying around makes them even more effective.

I don't have a replay lying around, but I'll see if I can get a match on Stalingrad as OKW and hopefully the other guy will go for Shocks.
22 Jun 2015, 19:04 PM

Way I look at it is if you take away or nerf demo charges then rifle nade has a timer to go off after it lands. Stun grenades are just about as broken. Nerf demos then nerf both of those.
23 Jun 2015, 21:08 PM

Call me when you lose full squads to a stun grenade, rifle grenade are dodgable
23 Jun 2015, 21:57 PM
Patrion 14

Let's fix this thread. Remove demos from Soviets and USF and give them s-mines (better in most regards in my opinion).

- high lethality
- no sight requred
- wipes retreating squads
- brilliant for mind games: just build one patch and then cancel and repeat
- takes a very long time to defuse
- even if units are walking through it with a minesweeper just throw a nade and watch the wipes (mortar also works nicely)
- area denial
23 Jun 2015, 22:04 PM

And a huges sign, good !
23 Jun 2015, 22:05 PM
Patrion 14

I never had a problem with the signs. Even the best players walk into them and if they do spot them, they avoid the area with outsweepers -> area denial and see the mind game point ;)

There are also better and more obvious spots. If placed right, they can be rather tricky to spot.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS