Login

russian armor

Can Relics roadmap resurrect coh2?

9 May 2015, 14:46 PM

Short answer: Unless they move the modding tools way up on the to-do list, no it won't.

I can't wait till they add british to CoH: O CoH2; the extreme forces leveled by the new imbalances will create a black hole around the servers that destroys half of Canada.

9 May 2015, 15:11 PM

there is no RTS out there with such immersion, action, thrill and tactical and strategic depth.
and i love this game for that. all this negativity...

why dont you play those glorious MOBA-stuff LOL and DOTA then? those boring games which actually consist of spamming the same ability over and over again and clicking around 1 guy and look like from 2003. those that consist of learning hundreds of items by heart which everyone can do, which is then confused with skill

that genre that basically killed the RTS and hindered it from evolution because the mass wants it simple and cheap.

and i can't say how much i appreciate relic for giving me an unseen audiovisual spectacle with hundreds of possibilities, which rewards creativity and lets me dive into uncomparable action-packed scenarios in every match, over and over again.

and all that despite you all whiners and haters.

Thanks Relic!
9 May 2015, 17:19 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

there is no RTS out there with such immersion, action, thrill and tactical and strategic depth.

why dont you play those glorious MOBA-stuff LOL and DOTA then? those boring games which actually consist of spamming the same ability over and over again and clicking around 1 guy and look like from 2003. those that consist of learning hundreds of items by heart which everyone can do, which is then confused with skill

that genre that basically killed the RTS and hindered it from evolution because the mass wants it simple and cheap.

and i can't say how much i appreciate relic for giving me an unseen audiovisual spectactle with hundreds of possibilities, which rewards creativity and lets me dive into uncomparable action-packed scenarios in every match, over and over again.

Thanks Relic!

+1
9 May 2015, 19:10 PM

and i can't say how much i appreciate relic for giving me an unseen audiovisual spectacle with hundreds of possibilities, which rewards creativity and lets me dive into uncomparable action-packed scenarios in every match, over and over again.

Thanks Relic!

+1 to some extent. CoH was a wonderful alternative to all the other boring samey RTS.

But there was the original Relic team which made CoH1 and the new team which has failed to live up to the greatness of the original (they have made many improvements for sure but also degraded in some crucial aspects). They've squandered players since release with bugs and bad design.

The true value of this game to long-term players is online muliplayer. Currently there are too few players to make AT and random separate and to make skill-level match-ups viable. Add to that the list of bugs and silly RnG issues which create a lot of frustration with match-ups and with gameplay.

Thus the playerbase shrinks instead of growing.

If Relic oculd fix some of these issues in time, the game might grow. It has huge potential as a revolutionary RTS. I think a lot of players are annoyed to see that potential unfulfilled.

If the problem is SEGA looking at the bottom line, Relic could push m onetization. I'm sure a large number people would pay a few dollars a month if this game could provide the same enjoyability of CoH1. Even back when I wasn't earning much I would've paid 10$ a month for access to online muliplayer.

I'm glad Relic are there to make CoH2 but I wish they could improve it.
9 May 2015, 19:41 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Troll post invised by a colleague,together with a follow-up citing the troll post

Keep it clean, please :)
9 May 2015, 20:25 PM

Thanks Relic!

Dude, CoH - is DotA, most of the players playing fucking blob, Men of War - this is a game where there is a tactic, plus direct control of units, but outdated / buggy engine - ruined whole game.
9 May 2015, 20:39 PM
Donator 22

Troll post invised by a colleague,together with a follow-up citing the troll post

Keep it clean, please :)

Serious question: How do you find time to play the game with all the threads you have to Moderate?
10 May 2015, 06:09 AM
Patrion 28

Thanks Relic!

i love the concept of the game, the whole suppression and moving a small number of squads around and i loved DoW2. i hate the execution in coh2 though. there's a lack of options (factions missing key stuff for the novelty factor, and the bugs are really game breaking sometimes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★