Login

russian armor

Can Relics roadmap resurrect coh2?

4 May 2015, 15:32 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2015, 13:12 PMRMMLz

text

I don't think anyone wants coh2 stripped down of all its rng mechanics until its a ww2 version of starcraft2 but there are many things they could have done and still do to provide with more responsive squads, better readability, less bs-rng and interesting tech choices. One thing that always annoyed me is Relics refusal for different infantry camo-pattern or even realistic uniforms in the name of readablity but had no problem doing blizzards which is breaking every rule of good readability.
4 May 2015, 16:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2015, 15:32 PMspajn

I don't think anyone wants coh2 stripped down of all its rng mechanics until its a ww2 version of starcraft2 but there are many things they could have done and still do to provide with more responsive squads, better readability, less bs-rng and interesting tech choices. One thing that always annoyed me is Relics refusal for different infantry camo-pattern or even realistic uniforms in the name of readablity but had no problem doing blizzards which is breaking every rule of good readability.

All of which cost money and manpower. I like these to happen too but they won't.

It's not only about the RNG. There are a lot of factors which make CoH2 non-competitive.
4 May 2015, 16:18 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2015, 16:06 PMRMMLz

All of which cost money and manpower. I like these to happen too but they won't.

It's not only about the RNG. There are a lot of factors which make CoH2 non-competitive.

yup it costs money, pity relic probably put most of coh2's budget in coldtech such as blizzards and deepsnow. As i said i dont think anyone wants this to become sc2 but features such as blizzard and deepsnow that slow your squads and mess up retreat paths, abilities that doesnt go off or have random delays before activiting etc that is things that wreck competitive play and also irritates everyone else... these are things that relic needs to focus on.
4 May 2015, 16:39 PM

Am intrigued by WTF CoH3 will be / look like?

SEGA must have it on their own 'road map.'

Don't worry, by the time Relic announce what's planned for it, the game will already have been out one day. o_O
4 May 2015, 16:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2015, 16:18 PMspajn

yup it costs money, pity relic probably put most of coh2's budget probably in coldtech such as blizzards and deepsnow. As i said i dont think anyone wants this to become sc2 but features such as blizzard and deepsnow that slow your squads and mess up retreat paths, abilities that doesnt go off or have random delays before activiting etc that is things that wreck competitive play and also irritates everyone else... these are things that relic needs to focus on.

When you are paying your employees to do "stuff", anything you add to that workload technically costs money. Fore example, their programmers are getting paid to work on something, probably their next game (DoWIII maybe) and their work full time. If they tell them to fix something, like pathing which you mentioned would delay their work on the other project.

But there are still a lot more things which make CoH2 non-competitive, or less competitive. Not just technical issues.
4 May 2015, 16:57 PM

Bugs, stale-meta, lack of communication and GTA V (most important) have kept me from playing since 3 weeks. OpieOP
I sure as hell hope the new faction isn't just a new faction but with it come balance changes, bug fixes, restructuring of tiers (elimination of call-in meta) etc. If not then I'm afraid I won't be playing much anymore. :(
4 May 2015, 17:12 PM
Benefactor 355

According to some COH2 has been dying for years now #MVGame

For the fans of dark humor: I am pretty sure COH2 has outlived some forum members as well. #MVGame
4 May 2015, 17:21 PM

For the fans of dark humor: I am pretty sure COH2 has outlived some forum members as well. #MVGame

Kappa
4 May 2015, 17:47 PM

Jesus Christ, all this talking about RNG RNG RNG all the time i cant hear it anymore.

how many games have you lost because of RNG and how many because you played bad?

i want a honest estimation!
4 May 2015, 17:53 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2015, 15:17 PMspajn
But you are probably not even a casual player.. most likely a forum dweller or compstomper so i could not care less about your opinion about things way above your head.

That's right! I have all these posts on a forum for a GAME I DON'T PLAY!

Who do you think I am, Inverse?
meh
4 May 2015, 18:30 PM

I hope they keep the game in the current state it's the best way to keep it casual cool and to allow the little guy the ability to beat the big guys even if it's a narrow margin and just one time, it's still that one time.

This way we will all have great stories to tell our kids. Even if it's just one time*
4 May 2015, 18:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Jesus Christ, all this talking about RNG RNG RNG all the time i cant hear it anymore.

how many games have you lost because of RNG and how many because you played bad?

All my games are lost due to RNG!! (If you litterally take that statement, as the whole game is RNG based)
4 May 2015, 18:33 PM

That's right! I have all these posts on a forum for a GAME I DON'T PLAY!

Who do you think I am, Inverse?

Shots fired!
4 May 2015, 19:11 PM

I've losy wayyyyy more because I played badly than because of RnG. Generally my losses are a combination of both with the biggest role being my poor play.

But I can take losing, I don't care. The problem is all the squad wipes, it's no fun! I wanna at least get some vetted squads I can cherish without them blowing up to a 30-muni mine or demo or mortar round or riflenade or the dozens of other insta wipes this game has.

I don't wanna see heavy engine damage on a heavy tank 'cos of one mine or at nade. It's such a high punishment for such a small ability.

TLDR
So you're right, on the whole people lose because they play badly. But people are upset because the gameplay is wrecked by RnG and win or lose it's very difficult to enjoy CoH2 :(

4 May 2015, 19:22 PM

I lost all of my games because i played bad. But some things are just simply bad, no disagreement there. I dont care about wipes from mortars or mines, they do happen, and because of this *you always have to take it into account* and understand that you are risking that your squad will die.

However stuff like plane crashes simply needs to go. Heavy engine damage from at nades also needs to go. With mines its fine since its a 33% chance and honestly crippling vehicles are fine.
4 May 2015, 19:23 PM
Patrion 14

I'm a heretic.

I actually dig what Quinn says about battles telling stories. And I think it *is* the difference between 'casuals' and competitive players.

Our brains are genuinely wired differently.

You see, I'd rather lose a madly exciting game with crazy RNG than win a boring one. Seriously. Yeah, skill planes can be annoying but when some dude tries to bomb you and your AA fire makes his plane crash on his (or your) troops it's more fun (much, much more) than Starcraft maths play.

Basically, my dopamine receptor is wired differently to other folks's dopamine receptors. Luckily for me, those folks are in a kind of 2% minority.

L. O. L.
4 May 2015, 19:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2015, 15:32 PMspajn

That's not a problem with readability, that was just a problem with gameplay flow. You'll still see the units fine in a blizzard, they'll just move like molasses.
4 May 2015, 19:39 PM
Patrion 15

I just started up the game to find 1800 players online, it may be the beginning of the end. I might be just a subjective opinion but the interest in the game is faultering. I dont think that the faultering interest in the game is related to balance this time. My guess its more related to the lack of new content.
Here are som stats: http://steamcharts.com/app/231430

Do you guys think that something in Relics roadmap can resurrect this soon to be dead game? Or should Relic focus on something else? Or is it just natural that Coh2s time is over?

Here is the roadmap: http://www.coh2.org/topic/32944/relic-s-roadmap

It shows 5500 right now...I think the game is about as healthy as it has been over the last several months.
4 May 2015, 19:40 PM
Patrion 28

a small number. it's the close ones that RNG throws though.
4 May 2015, 19:41 PM
Benefactor 355

All of my games are lost due to RNG. I am da best coh2 player and I only lose because of factors dat are outside of my control.

In 2v2 games I lose due to da combination and nub teammates and RNG. Also da other day I had Jesulin beat in da first 2 minutes but I had to leave da game because i needed to pee badly; again not my fault! #MVGame
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★