Login

russian armor

Panzer IV Medium tank - Fastest Build?

3 May 2015, 00:51 AM

Yet it's the best stock medium tank in the game.

i'd rather take a sherman.
3 May 2015, 01:08 AM

id vote for the sherman too tbh
3 May 2015, 09:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2015, 21:27 PMiceman

Can you make a video of you getting the PIV out in 9-12 minutes, I just tried a game just now and had 1 fuel cahce up and it still took me like 14-15 minutes and other guy had 2 T34s =/ . I had to back track and get At guns.... Please help me fix this otherwise I think its little unbalance... The T34 and Sherman are already better tanks.

I usually don't play a fast P4. I only do when I am really sure that I dominate the early game and 4 grens + mortar is my usual standard build. Skipping T2 requires at least 50-70% map control in the early game and at least one fuel point (better both). An additional fuel cache is also nice.
Then you can get out the P4 at the mentioned time.
This build is not very functional, it's more to end the game very fast because of your overwhelming dominance.
A fast P4 is not a suitable option in even games.

In short: You have to dominate the game for a fast P4 to work. You need good micro and unit preservation.
Your problem is probably not the time when the P4 arrives but the early game before. Concentrate on keeping your units arrive and learn to use PaKs. The P4 will just roam the enemy for a few minutes until his own tanks arrive. And then you need PaKs or Panzergrenadiers in every case.
3 May 2015, 16:04 PM

The only time I like P4s is when using Elite troops, fuel cache buy two lots of vet for 2-3 P4s and eventually call the Ace if you need to.

Vetted P4s, backed by paks, MGs and grens can be pretty bloody decent. In fact you could practically ignore the Ace call in, and carry on calling in vetted P4s. Its Ost only equivelant to T34/85s.

I quite like P4s on tight maps like Stalingrad, they are better in close range, and can dodge AT guns and long range tanks easier, and the fact you will have more, sooner, gives better map control than if you were using standard Tigers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★