Login

russian armor

Axis Goliath

30 Apr 2015, 18:14 PM

In vanilla Company of Heroes the Goliath were probably the best unit to hard-counter Brit-blobs.
What do we have in CoH2?
Mines? they have minesweeper in front of the blob.
MGs? They won't even be able to surpress if the blobs focus fire.
Infantry support guns? It can't even fire 2 shots before the blobs has rushed up to it and it's accuracy is terrible.
Stuka? 133 fuel Stuka (counting fuel penalty for OKW) is too expensive for 1v1 games unless it drags out to the late game. It's really not that hard to avoid anyway.
Ostheer T4 for PanserWerfer or Brumbar? Yeah... Right.
Luch? Take a look at the video below.
StugE? Just imagine the StugE in the video below instead of the luch.
CAS seems to be the only way to somehow counter blobs, but once they avoid your strafe it's free to go. But the OKW doesn't have anything similar to it anyway.

There are no hard-counters for USF blobs. Wheter it's bazooka rifle blobs or triple paratroopers with LMGs followed up by AT-guns. And later the tanks starts rolling in.

Both allied factions has demos. Why shouldn't the axis factions have something too? Allies are by far the worst blobbers anyway. (Talking about USF, not Soviet. Soviet blobs doesn't really work against good players).

If Relic wants to have a blob-free game, it's not enough to simply buff a support gun that rarely even hit. We need Goliaths or something else that can hard-counter blobs just the way demo's can at the moment. It kept VCoH almost blob free.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhemmEYZlN8&feature=youtu.be

Goliath in VCoH:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCIZ4YJvzTg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zht5zJaOIH0
30 Apr 2015, 18:23 PM

It did help in CoH1 but I never saw a game vs Brits without a blob of 3Rs, 3Es and officers.

I'd rather see a mechanism (suppression, negative zeal, etc) that punishes blobbing instead of an ability that blows up blobs.

Demo at the moment ruins a lot of games. When I watch high-level players on stream I always feel disappointed to see demo changing a losing battle to a winning one.

So goliaths would kind of level the playing field in terms of anti-blob squad wiping but we'd still be left with demo and goliaths making dramatic game-breaking squad wipes.

I'd rather no army had this kind of ability.
30 Apr 2015, 18:28 PM

It did help in CoH1 but I never saw a game vs Brits without a blob of 3Rs, 3Es and officers.
Then you were very unlucky if you met that every game. At least the axis factions had counters to it back then.
30 Apr 2015, 18:30 PM

I too would love to see the Goliath return. Demos ruin games if blobbed on them. Losing a squad shouldnt lose you the game. And Blobbing should be easily punished by all factions. When I mean punished I mean game ending punished. But thats just my 2 cents.
30 Apr 2015, 18:32 PM

i dont think the blobs are such a big Problem in this game

only problematic blob imo is the 5+ShrekVolxBlob
30 Apr 2015, 18:34 PM

i dont think the blobs are such a big Problem in this game

only problematic blob imo is the 5+ShrekVolxBlob

Oh, did you miss the video? Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhemmEYZlN8. CaptainPrice do this every game and he has gotten to rank 10 as USF with it.
30 Apr 2015, 18:38 PM

a cheeseball remote controlled car strapped with C4 is not the answer
30 Apr 2015, 18:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2015, 18:38 PMArclyte
Putin, go play some VCoH first and test it out, then come back ;)
30 Apr 2015, 18:41 PM

But... They would be vulnerable to small arms. The thing cant simply drive past your base defenses and blow up your retreating army...

And so, the blob you were targetting would shoot up your goliath before you can get close...
30 Apr 2015, 18:49 PM

But... They would be vulnerable to small arms. The thing cant simply drive past your base defenses and blow up your retreating army...

And so, the blob you were targetting would shoot up your goliath before you can get close...

It can camoflage in cover and blow up once the blob gets close, just like in VCoH
30 Apr 2015, 18:51 PM

oh even better, an INVISIBLE explosive remote controlled car

Quite possibly the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Sounds like something that belongs in shitcraft or call of duty.
30 Apr 2015, 18:54 PM

Oh, did you miss the video? Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhemmEYZlN8. CaptainPrice do this every game and he has gotten to rank 10 as USF with it.

As wise Axis players always say, just flank it!!
30 Apr 2015, 18:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2015, 18:51 PMArclyte
oh even better, an INVISIBLE explosive remote controlled car

Quite possibly the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Sounds like something that belongs in shitcraft or call of duty.

Because as we know CoH1 was a terrible game right?

As wise Axis players always say, just flank it!!

Can't flank something that doesn't have a weakness in relation to direction. Like trying to flank an Octopus!
30 Apr 2015, 19:03 PM
30 Apr 2015, 19:06 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2015, 18:38 PMArclyte

It may not be the whole answer, but it certainly could be part of the answer. It worked well in vCoH - there is no reason for it to fail in CoH2. And since many like to smile at COH2 as a'casual player's' game, I cannot see why you object, honestly.

IMO, there are few more amusing sights, than a blob running backwards, when their Commander spots the goliath trundling forward....determinedly...:)

30 Apr 2015, 19:06 PM

Because as we know CoH1 was a terrible game right?

Can't flank something that doesn't have a weakness in relation to direction. Like trying to flank an Octopus!

Yea man, just drive your KT from the side! If the KT can take 4 AT guns than it can take out a Rifle blob!
30 Apr 2015, 19:10 PM

Yea man, just drive your KT from the side! If the KT can take 4 AT guns than it can take out a Rifle blob!
I obviously don't talk about late game. If you survie till KT vs. USF it's usually GG.
30 Apr 2015, 19:10 PM

It may not be the whole answer, but it certainly could be part of the answer. It worked well in vCoH - there is no reason for it to fail in CoH2. And since many like to smile at COH2 as a'casual player's' game, I cannot see why you object, honestly.

IMO, there are few more amusing sights, than a blob running backwards, when their Commander spots the goliath trundling forward....determinedly...:)

My thoughts excactly. :)
30 Apr 2015, 19:14 PM

Fuel free call-in armor also worked well in vCoH, but something tells me it would be a bad idea here. :snfQuinn:
vCoH also had zombie factories, which diminished effects of ever present squad wipe abilities and nuclear grenades.

Also, constant whining and threads about one shot squad kill abilities and then asking for another one?
Sorry, but these two doesn't go well together and I don't think relic will ever be keen in implementing more abilities of this kind, including goliath.
30 Apr 2015, 19:15 PM

I find it funny as all hell that most posts in support go like this:

"Demo charges shit and OP and terrible for the game!

Americans blob please give Axis moving, camo, remote control demo charge"

Uh-huh, yeah, no. Nope. Not even once. With the massive focus on unit preservation a guideable demo charge is the last thing we need ever. It was bad in CoH 1 where squad spacing was better and artillery was turbocharged and nades had small suns in them. We've come so far since then, lets not have a step back.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★