Login

russian armor

All vehicles useless against OKW

Do you have a hard time using any kind of vehicles against OKW?
Option Distribution Votes
18%
82%
Total votes: 85
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
25 Apr 2015, 07:37 AM

Anyone else reached this conclusion? Specially after the Rak43 buff.
25 Apr 2015, 10:11 AM

They're not useless, but T-34/85s are really shitty after the first time you call them in since raks are really strong against them and pretty much unkillable. T-34/76s even more so but you don't really get a lot of those anyway.

Heavy tanks are still good though.

That being said, you really need vehicles against OKW because their infantry is straight up better than yours most of the time.
25 Apr 2015, 10:21 AM

IS-2 OP ISU-152 OP T34/85 OP SU-85 OP Jackson now is not bad Katyusha R3KT, were is the problem?
25 Apr 2015, 17:40 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This is not the forum for balance related polls.
27 Apr 2015, 12:35 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to COH2 Gameplay
27 Apr 2015, 13:01 PM

Some are useful(doctrinal), some are useless(stock except Katy and M3 until 5th min).

Stop being allied alex/auster already, puppchen needed to acquire targets faster due to lower top range, its other stats were always decent for the price.
27 Apr 2015, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2015, 13:01 PMKatitof
Some are useful(doctrinal), some are useless(stock except Katy and M3 until 5th min).

Stop being allied alex/auster already, puppchen needed to acquire targets faster due to lower top range, its other stats were always decent for the price.

1. lol mentioning me in threads I haven't posted in
2. Soviet stocks like the T-70 are great against OKW, the T34-76's only probably is late game scaling but when it hits the field it does well
3. All the Soviet doctrinal tanks are useful

OKW has no snare, learn to crush and all your dreams will come true. Also the IS2 can bounce shreks like nobodies business as well as Puppchen shots, so go wild. If your sad because a Jadgtiger is shutting you down well then might might need to make a passing attempt to flank.
27 Apr 2015, 13:25 PM

1. lol mentioning me in threads I haven't posted in

Everyone knows, including you, its just a matter of time :snfBarton:

OKW has no non doctrinal snare, learn to crush and all your dreams will come true. Also the IS2 can bounce shreks like nobodies business as well as Puppchen shots, so go wild. If your sad because a Jadgtiger is shutting you down well then might might need to make a passing attempt to flank.

Fixed for you.
27 Apr 2015, 13:27 PM
Patrion 28

i have a hard time answering this question as it depends on the vehicle and the point in the game. i guess i'll break it down here.

light vehicles are fine before schrecks come out. mediums are usually fine until the V comes out and then it depends on the situation. everything but the IS-2 is hard to use against a VI-B.
27 Apr 2015, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2015, 13:25 PMKatitof

Everyone knows, including you, its just a matter of time :snfBarton:

Fixed for you.

I don't post nearly as much as I used to but anyway;

OKW has 1 reliable snare, the Pfauts from Fallsch. The Pfuss rifle grenade blows ass and takes forever, it's not going to stop you from getting crushed.
27 Apr 2015, 13:38 PM
Patrion 28

OKW has 1 reliable snare, the Pfauts from Fallsch. The Pfuss rifle grenade blows ass and takes forever, it's not going to stop you from getting crushed.

if you mean handheld then yes, that's correct, but they also have mines.
27 Apr 2015, 13:40 PM

If you want a legit arguments, do not start threads with stupid polls.
27 Apr 2015, 14:31 PM

Anyone else reached this conclusion? Specially after the Rak43 buff.

How useage of vehicles against OKW is different in comparsion to Wehrmacht aside absence of PFaust on basic infantry?

Because raketen is cheaper than Pak-40 and comes without teching?

Elaborate, please, how did you came to such conclusion.
27 Apr 2015, 14:35 PM
Patrion 14

OKW has no snare, learn to crush and all your dreams will come true. Also the IS2 can bounce shreks like nobodies business as well as Puppchen shots, so go wild. If your sad because a Jadgtiger is shutting you down well then might might need to make a passing attempt to flank.

Even if we were to ignore the 2 doctrinal options, mines are a guaranteed snare and they are non doctrinal.
27 Apr 2015, 14:44 PM

Against OKW on the virtue of being OKW? No.

Against proper Raketen and JP4 usage and vetted shrek volks? Yeah.
27 Apr 2015, 15:06 PM

if you mean handheld then yes, that's correct, but they also have mines.

and the puma vet stun.

that said vehicles are fine against okw
27 Apr 2015, 15:20 PM

Even if we were to ignore the 2 doctrinal options, mines are a guaranteed snare and they are non doctrinal.

Mines are not a counter for crushing, nor are they easy to spam as OKW either. Crushing is countered by hand held snares, you can't crush Ost armies normally because you will get fausted, you can't crush Soviets because a con will AT nade you, USF and OKW however...
27 Apr 2015, 15:23 PM

Mines are not a counter for crushing, nor are they easy to spam as OKW either. Crushing is countered by hand held snares, you can't crush Ost armies normally because you will get fausted, you can't crush Soviets because a con will AT nade you, USF and OKW however...

They are as easy to spam for OKW as they are for soviets.
All you have to do is the same as soviets-which means not upgrade anything and rely on combined arms.
27 Apr 2015, 15:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2015, 15:23 PMKatitof

They are as easy to spam for OKW as they are for soviets.
All you have to do is the same as soviets-which means not upgrade anything and rely on combined arms.

OKW has no combined arms, you have no support weapons and you lack the fuel income to produce vehicles reliably.

Every mine is 37.5 munitions. The OKW reliance on the Shrek means anything not spent on them in the early game is a significant set back. Especially when the schu mine is likely to often just be hit by a con squad and kill few models then it is to be hit by a tank.

Soviets don't have any munition dumps, OKW is nothing but munition dumps.
27 Apr 2015, 15:29 PM

This thread was created on the SU strat section, as I started experimenting with this faction and playing 1vs1.

T3476 is pushed back or hard-countered the moment it hits the field. KV8 has a low burst duration and shitty range, so it can't do what it's supposed to do.

The B4, although it's not a vehicle, it was a reliable AT before the nerf. It's an inaccurate useless shit now.

The KT still has no counter, 3 ZiS and one IS2 were shooting turds at it and all they managed to do was reduce its health to 40% maybe, which got repaired and came back in less than 1 minute and destroyed the remaining half-dead ZiS crew lol. And the schreck was just the icing on the cake.

Because raketen is cheaper than Pak-40 and comes without teching?

Yup. A mobile, spamable version of pak40 available at the first second of a match. It got buffed with no cost adjustment.

2 Rak43 units, 2-3 volks with shrecks and suppored by a JP. Good luck with your T34 micro lol.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★