russian armor

m36-Jackson is over performing

PAGES (7)down
27 Apr 2015, 18:15 PM

Wow this n00b lol.
27 Apr 2015, 19:02 PM
Senior Editor Badge

M36 Jackson is not over performing.

It has a long range because it's a TD and got a damage reduction and a pen buff to make it more reliable against heavy armor.

The panther is the biggest loser here, as stated before, because the amount of shots to kill it has remained the same while the pen has been increased, but that means Ostheer T3 is a bit more forgiving against Jacksons. Praise Jesus.

A vetted JP4 will beat a Jackson because of the JP4's camo.

If you want to try to 1v1 your JP4 at vet 0 with a Jackson, be my guest, but the point of the JP4 is to use it behind a schreck and/or raketen screen, to minimize damage taken, to minimize the potential for flanking maneuvers, and, with vet, to surprise the enemy.

If anything, JP4 camo should be nerfed. Being able to camo after in combat? Gimme a break Relic. Same thing with Pathfinders/Fallschirmjägers.

I think this settles the argument?

If Jackson had the same gun profile as it does but had the same health and armor as an IS2, that'd be OP, but it doesn't. It needs range and mobility to stay safe from AT fire. Blitzing at a Jackson can still work. The issue there is that, in 1v1, there often times isn't an AT gun if you don't go Airborne and go for a LT. As was stated earlier, zooks sacrifice AI (something USF players really need against OKW) and 120 muni for mediocre weapons. So, therefore, that increases the chances of the axis player's P4 or P5 escaping after rushing a Jackson.
Pray for M20 mine?

It would be nice if all factions had a TM-35 type of mine. I would be so happy. They're the best kinds of mines because they will hit any target.

Jackson is not over performing. Jackson is not OP. Like any unit, it is deadly in a skilled player. Remember Cataclaw's M3 cars? OMGPOP's M3s? The Barton M5? I've learned that one must be patient and wait for the enemy to make a mistake with their micro. Or to offer a trap for the enemy.

Edit: to address OP's issue about hopping out to repair the crits, that's great, really.

The vehicle crew needs Vet 1 to do that, and if you lay a teller mine within range of your forces, you can often prevent the crew from exiting. MG42 plus Pak plus gren behind a teller? dead Jackson. Squads can't recrew vehicles or weapons when suppressed.
28 Apr 2015, 00:03 AM

Permanently Banned
Firstly: Lol xd

Secondly: can people please stop using the 'L2P' prhase on every forum thread. Everything seems to be L2P, seems legit doesn't it
28 Apr 2015, 00:07 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Secondly: can people please stop using the 'L2P' prhase on every forum thread. Everything seems to be L2P, seems legit doesn't it
Game's perfect said no one ever, if you don't understand that then you just need to L2P
28 Apr 2015, 00:12 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2015, 00:07 AMVuther
Game's perfect said no one ever, if you don't understand that then you just need to L2P

No, stop it. L2P has become a simple phrase that people like to drop when they themselves have no good point to make.

Even if people talk about RNG, I have seen multiple people claim: ooh that is just a L2P issue, noob

Game has its balance issues, stop claiming L2P when confronted with these issues. I admit, this thread has no proof whatsoever of its outlandish claim, but still, spamming L2P on most threads won't help the game nor the players.
28 Apr 2015, 00:21 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

No, stop it. L2P has become a simple phrase that people like to drop when they themselves have no good point to make.

Even if people talk about RNG, I have seen multiple people claim: ooh that is just a L2P issue, noob

Game has its balance issues, stop claiming L2P when confronted with these issues. I admit, this thread has no proof whatsoever of its outlandish claim, but still, spamming L2P on most threads won't help the game nor the players.

I assure you I was being sarcastic.
28 Apr 2015, 07:23 AM

Frankly, 90% of balance posts are.
28 Apr 2015, 10:36 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2015, 00:21 AMVuther

I assure you I was being sarcastic.

You silver tongue devil you!
28 Apr 2015, 10:39 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2015, 07:23 AMKatitof

Frankly, 90% of balance posts are.

No they are not and yet the L2P claim is seen on 100% of the threads. Just because some people have the time and the motivation to study every aspect of the game and know every possible counter to any possible strategy, doesn't mean that everyone else should do so as well just so they can enjoy the game without being stomped.

L2P has become a childish claim, one that most of the times is being thrown around by those that spend hundreds of hours in this game, which isn't a reasonable representation of those people that are asking of whining for help.

but still this thread: lol
28 Apr 2015, 13:50 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

No they are not and yet the L2P claim is seen on 100% of the threads. Just because some people have the time and the motivation to study every aspect of the game and know every possible counter to any possible strategy, doesn't mean that everyone else should do so as well just so they can enjoy the game without being stomped.

L2P has become a childish claim, one that most of the times is being thrown around by those that spend hundreds of hours in this game, which isn't a reasonable representation of those people that are asking of whining for help.

So you shouldn't have to take the time to learn the strategy in a strategy game before complaining about being stomped by someone that did take the 100 or so hours it takes to learn this game(which honestly isn't that complicated)

???????
Excuse me but are you f***in kidding me??

Should you win a game of madden against someone that knows most of the plays when you only know 1 or 2 plays? "Because you wanted to enjoy the game and not get stomped without learning everything"

Please say you're joking... WOW

28 Apr 2015, 14:18 PM

If you don't want to bother learning the counter to a strategy, then you should expect to lose to it in a real time strategy game. Honestly, try to picture a game in which that *isnt* true; one strat so dominates all that it's the only thing you need to know? That sounds pretty boring. I'm not even sure you could really call it a "game" more like a skill challenge.
28 Apr 2015, 14:26 PM

If you aren't willing to learn the strats and counters, then you are not concerned about the balance.
If you aren't willing to learn the strats and counters and somehow are concerned about balance and post balance threads, you need L2P, because its not balance that makes you get stomped and lose game but your (lack of) personal skill exclusively.

Simple concept really.
28 Apr 2015, 17:09 PM

Permanently Banned
Hahaha this is what I was trying to make clear here.

If you bash on the L2P claims, people go wild on these forums. Pathetic player base here.

hahahaha cracks me up xd
28 Apr 2015, 17:13 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2015, 14:26 PMKatitof

If you aren't willing to learn the strats and counters, then you are not concerned about the balance.
If you aren't willing to learn the strats and counters and somehow are concerned about balance and post balance threads, you need L2P, because its not balance that makes you get stomped and lose game but your (lack of) personal skill exclusively.

Simple concept really.

Oh really? Remember some short videos posted on this forum that showed a KT killing 5 at guns at point blank range. Seen panzerwerfers killing entire armies on retreat, seen demo charges destroy entire armies one unit at a time, seen 'skillplanes' crash into reinforcing units at base, seen jagdtigers shooting through buildings and wiping units and tanks, seen tiger aces win lost battles, seen ptrs sniping anything, seen a german sniper getting hit by a mortar round, katuysha rocket/arty round and it lived, seen mortars getting wiped and bug out and in death shooting and wiping an important at gun, seen stukka zu fuss wipe a entire armies that are pinned by strafing runs on retreat, seen the blobs of doom with panzershreck a-move across the map. These are just some examples, the list can go on for pages upon pages, you damn well know this for a fact yourself.

L2P huh? Sure, dream on
28 Apr 2015, 17:19 PM

If you are a bad player, then you need to L2P, simple as that.

28 Apr 2015, 17:21 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2015, 17:19 PMBurts
If you are a bad player, then you need to L2P, simple as that.

That is not the point, they throw it at anyone. Might as well have been Von Mannstein personally explaining some detailed situations on the eastern front in February of 43 and people here would seriously claim, ooh broh, Erich, L2P brah
28 Apr 2015, 17:46 PM

@OP I also lol'd.

The lightest armored TD in the game, with terrible pathfinding, minimal snares in the army, no other meaningful late game AT, literally zero use vs. inf, and it needs a nerf? Is this what we have come to?

Also seriously, mods can you ban Alex? This thread is a perfect example of a larger issue. He is not contributing to the discussion in any meaningful way but the topic has largely been consumed by trying to answer ridiculous hypothetical scenarios.

tell em bean tell em!
30 Apr 2015, 01:45 AM

Permanently Banned

That is not the point, they throw it at anyone. Might as well have been Von Mannstein personally explaining some detailed situations on the eastern front in February of 43 and people here would seriously claim, ooh broh, Erich, L2P brah

Argument losing ground fast. Sorry Nathan, but if you suck and a "balance" issue is devoid of common sense. Then yes please L2P. #L2PNATION
30 Apr 2015, 02:01 AM

i'll try not to slide down that slippery slope.

sure, you can list off situation x after situation y, but this is entirely counter to your argument of balance. balance is built around trends and averages which stabilize when players learn the nuances and practice.
30 Apr 2015, 05:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 09:35 AMShang
http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198040750202

Not played even 200 games, makes OP balance claims.

Apparently OP and Alexzandvar are friends and play together, this explains a lot.

As for me i think Jackson is OK how it is now.

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS