russian armor

Relic, you gonna fix 120mm, or not?

PAGES (18)down
24 Apr 2015, 15:57 PM

I have enough of those shit.
24 Apr 2015, 15:58 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

They attempted in the last patch but it doesn't really seem any different.
24 Apr 2015, 15:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

It seems even stronger now
24 Apr 2015, 16:00 PM

I'm sure they'll fix it right when they make allies less RNG squad wipe dependent :foreveralone:
24 Apr 2015, 16:06 PM

Bullshitness of this unit:

1) Almost half of the 1v1, 1/4 of 2v2 map, always fire at safe range
2) Survive with 1 man left, seriously it should be reverse can't survive with two men left
3) Precision strike on it, iWipe button, or just leave it alone they iAutoWipe
4) Arrive in like 3 minutes without even need to tech

You think it is fun playing against it? Hur?
24 Apr 2015, 16:11 PM

It seems even stronger now

They buffed it's squad wipe potential at medium to long range while reducing it's short range squad wipe potential. Why they thought that made sense is really anyone's guess.

I'm sure they'll fix it right when they make allies less RNG squad wipe dependent :foreveralone:

Allies are much easier to preserve units with, if Axis has a 120mm mortar equivalent it wouldn't be nearly as good simply because it would have a much lower chance to wipe squads.
24 Apr 2015, 16:11 PM

I hate to play against this thing. Random wipes all day everyday.
24 Apr 2015, 16:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 15:57 PMPorygon
I have enough of those shit.

If 120mm was an Axis weapon, you would have said : "Work as intented, you allied fanboy can't understand 400MP so expensive, L2P guys some counter exist" :lolol:

24 Apr 2015, 16:16 PM

They buffed it's squad wipe potential at medium to long range while reducing it's short range squad wipe potential. Why they thought that made sense is really anyone's guess.

Allies are much easier to preserve units with, if Axis has a 120mm mortar equivalent it wouldn't be nearly as good simply because it would have a much lower chance to wipe squads.

True enough,though it has everything to do with the design of axis better units against RNG squad wipes. of course its easier to preserve allies units, that is unfortunately how the factions were designed.

I never understood why Asymmetric balance means make things as different as possible to be asymmetric. in vcoh you had asymmetric US vs Wher and they mirrored each other quite well in standard game play which led to easier balance and less frustrating play.

Personally I feel like on either side you play its just a frustrating experiance at one point.

Either play as axis and have cool, well designed toys and play against bleeding/ squad wipes or fight as allies with the not as great stuff, but rng death tools. SCII is asymmetric without the frustration like coh2.
24 Apr 2015, 16:16 PM

As far as I remember, it became a lot more effective because people were complaining about it's range.

Basic life cycle of the 120mm so far:

People complained it's range was too far. It's range got nerfed.
People complained that it wasn't enough. It's range got nerfed again, and it's blast radious was improved to offset it.
People complained it wasn't enough. It's blast radious got nerfed.
People complained it wasn't enough. It's blast radious got nerfed again.

So where are we at now? Do you want it to be just like a normal mortar for 400mp? Just a reminder about both infantry support guns range, cost and timing, before you answer.
24 Apr 2015, 16:19 PM
Patrion 28

If 120mm was an Axis weapon, you would have said : "Work as intented, you allied fanboy can't understand 400MP so expensive, L2P guys some counter exist" :lolol:

eh, it preforms a lot better then the pack howitzer or the lieg, despite costing less. i'm not sure if it needs a nerf or not, i haven't seen it or used it in a long time, but i definitely think the pack and lieg need another look; either the accuracy or non-lethal aoe.
24 Apr 2015, 16:19 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

At least make gun require 2 men to fire. Yes I know the animation only requires 1 man but you can still make it abandoned when crew size its 2.
24 Apr 2015, 16:20 PM

You forgot about how twice now the cover system has been reworked so the 120 essentially got its blast radius re buffed indirectly
24 Apr 2015, 16:25 PM

You forgot about how twice now the cover system has been reworked so the 120 essentially got its blast radius re buffed indirectly

That's a micro problem, and works for every faction that doesn't monitor it's squad placing in cover against any indirect fire. SO in that sense, every faction got buffed/nerfed.
24 Apr 2015, 16:25 PM

As far as I remember, it became a lot more effective because people were complaining about it's range.

Basic life cycle of the 120mm so far:

People complained it's range was too far. It's range got nerfed.
People complained that it wasn't enough. It's range got nerfed again, and it's blast radious was improved to offset it.
People complained it wasn't enough. It's blast radious got nerfed.
People complained it wasn't enough. It's blast radious got nerfed again.

So where are we at now? Do you want it to be just like a normal mortar for 400mp? Just a reminder about both infantry support guns range, cost and timing, before you answer.

Fanboy just jealous with their little 81mm and 105mm howitzer. But they automatically forget their HUGE 30cm Wurhframen Rocket, Oneshotting all they hit, should i say "iWipe" ?
24 Apr 2015, 16:26 PM

I hate that thing some much, random squad wipes all the time. It is much powerfuller than the leig and packhowitzer. It AOE needs a nerf, also relic really should do something about the squad buncing. To much squad wipes because they stick reallly close to getter.
24 Apr 2015, 16:26 PM

eh, it preforms a lot better then the pack howitzer or the lieg, despite costing less.
i'm not sure if it needs a nerf or not, i haven't seen it or used it in a long time, but i definitely think the pack and lieg need another look; either the accuracy or non-lethal aoe.

Costs less? 120mm is also doctrinal, an important difference you missed of your list.
24 Apr 2015, 16:28 PM
Patrion 28

should i say "iWipe" ?

no because you're clearly on the receiving end. seriously, don't expect to be taken seriously with comments like that. the wurframen is a questionable unit but it has some pretty major drawbacks, particularly in smaller games, and it is a skill shot, which none of the other artillery are, baring precision strike.
24 Apr 2015, 16:30 PM

That's a micro problem, and works for every faction that doesn't monitor it's squad placing in cover against any indirect fire. SO in that sense, every faction got buffed/nerfed.

its sort of a micro problem, but the tremendous range means it can auto fire a crossed the map at just about anything. I sure cant move all my units simultaneously, plus weapons teams have to not be moving to be doing things. That first 120 shot could easily wipe it before you know it was firing at it in the first place. Not to mention the precision shot at vet one.

every faction has gotten indirect fire buffed by the cover change, only the 120 has been a squad wiping machine. The Ostheer turbo mortar comes in second in this category, but its small blast radius prevents it from wiping all the time and rather just doing a consistent bleed.
24 Apr 2015, 16:31 PM

and it is a skill shot, which none of the other artillery are, baring precision strike.

Is that really true? I know that when I use the 120mm (or any indirect for that matter), I always manually make the mortar fire upon any squad I see bunched up.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS