Login

russian armor

KV 2 description

22 Apr 2015, 12:45 PM

"Effective against all targets and heavily armoured".

I tried to play with it for fun and this description is faaaaaaaarrr from the truth. this thing can be useful against blob if supported. That s basically it. If it was only the attack that was shitty but the armor ok, it would be a fair deal, but i am shocked to see how fast this thing dies.

Does anyone know how to make a use of this stuff ?
22 Apr 2015, 12:48 PM
Benefactor 115

well supported it's a beast, it synergizes well with su85. use siege mode only if you're absolutely sure it will be able to fire from there for a long time and it's supported well enough that no enemy vehicle will be able to drive close to it
22 Apr 2015, 12:56 PM

Unit descriptions in this game are somehow totally off some of the time and refer to older versions.

The KV-2 is no IS-2 and relies heavily on support. It is only available in soviet industry which IMO is no good choice in 1v1 anyways. In team games a well played KV-2 can be annyoing as hell.
22 Apr 2015, 12:58 PM
Patrion 14

If only the CoH Kv2 would be a little more like the WarThunder kv2 :megusta:
22 Apr 2015, 13:06 PM

Or the world of tanks one that one shots mediums :megusta:
22 Apr 2015, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2015, 12:58 PMLümmel
If only the CoH Kv2 would be a little more like the WarThunder kv2 :megusta:

On one hand yeaaaaa, but on the other I think I would go mad if my KV-2 would just blow up after a shot as it tends to do for me in WT :foreveralone: but once it hits, well, the result is pretty realistic for that 152mm howitzer shell, if tank won't turn into scrap metal, the crew will turn into a wet pulp.
22 Apr 2015, 13:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

"Effective against all targets and heavily armoured".

I tried to play with it for fun and this description is faaaaaaaarrr from the truth. this thing can be useful against blob if supported. That s basically it. If it was only the attack that was shitty but the armor ok, it would be a fair deal, but i am shocked to see how fast this thing dies.

Does anyone know how to make a use of this stuff ?

ive had my partners use it beautifully in 2v2 since its inception. If you revolve your entire strategy around protecting it,while its in arty mode,
It's extremely potent..Next to untouchable

Unless an Elefant,Stuka CAS,jag,sturmtiger,or tiger ace shows up.. Then it dies horribly. But then again any heavy tank will die to those units\abilties
22 Apr 2015, 13:34 PM

ive had my partners use it beautifully in 2v2 since its inception. If you revolve your entire strategy around protecting it,while its in arty mode,

CAS doctrine users beg to differ and they don't even need to leave their base to hardcounter it just as hard as they hardcounter static howiz. There is no more juicy target then it and you won't get a second one with mp penalty and it costing over 600 mp.
22 Apr 2015, 13:44 PM

Its actually not that bad, except it is only in a non-meta commander (in which it is tougher to replace) has to be supported, and should only fire in artillery mode. Its not bad for an artillery piece...
22 Apr 2015, 14:12 PM

It's fine. Ofc it doesn't have high penetration but you have su 85 for tank hunting mission.
22 Apr 2015, 14:44 PM

In team games unusable if Germans have:

Elephant, Jagdtiger, more than 1 panther, TA, CAS, stuka strafe in any doc.

So with those limitations, yeah its good. If you are seriously up against a massive blob and they don't have the support to push off the KV-2 it can be really good. Two paks at different angles usually enough to scare it off, if German player willing to recrew paks. If you lose it though gl getting back in the game with your huge mp penalty.

The issue is that the doc is too punishing with its mp penalty.
22 Apr 2015, 14:48 PM
Patrion 28

it's shit but it's kind of cool.
22 Apr 2015, 14:52 PM

As many have stated the KV-2 can deal a good amount of damage against axis tanks if it pens, just don't use it on siege mode while engaging tanks.

KV-2 is a very slow, and often static tank with only 800 hp. But it costs 630 Mp and 230 fuel on a doctrine with a manpower penalty, that as almost as much as an ISU-152 or an IS-2, and these perform much much better.

In my experience, the KV-2 is rarely worth the investment. Good for trolling if you already won the match and are in a very safe position. Anyway with soviet industry swarming T-34s is the way to go.

Furthermore It's true that a CAS player will harcounter it with a stuka dive bomb or a AT strafe, it is also a late CP unit, eventually a Jagdtiger or Elefant will snipe it a few minutes after being on the field. In conclusion the KV-2 is a sitting duck.

For that price, the KV-2 health should be in the heavy's range. It's health need to be buffed to 1000 HP.
22 Apr 2015, 15:44 PM
Honorary Member Badge

It's not a battle tank

Lock it down behind a shot blocker and watch it wipe any infantry that comes within range
22 Apr 2015, 15:50 PM

Mp penalty on industry just too hight. Not worth it.
22 Apr 2015, 16:57 PM

It's trash. All the firepower of a Brummbarr in a commander that shoots yourself in both feet and has to go static to even have a decent range.

ISU is better in every single way, use that instead.

Related point: My heart broke a little inside when they gave the Brummbarr a vet 1 arty barrage and never made the KV-2 have one. You know. The box with the artillery gun slapped inside it :foreveralone:
22 Apr 2015, 17:27 PM

I hope relic will see this thread and thinks seriously about changing the KV2.
It doesnt really perform like a heavy tank despite its high cost and pop cap.Overall armor is fine in my opinion but it lacks health to deal with anything above P4.
If you compare it to other heavies you will see that 800 hp + 160 pen + weak rear armor leads to the conclusion that it could take some buffs to be on par with others,and therefore, balanced.
Summarized:a bit UP ,give it some love but dont over buff.(haha rhyme)
22 Apr 2015, 17:33 PM

And that reload speed... 11.3s, and veterancy does not increase it :foreveralone:

And let's not forget about glorious secure mode. Someone has ever used it on KV2? :foreveralone:
22 Apr 2015, 17:46 PM

And that reload speed... 11.3s, and veterancy does not increase it :foreveralone:

And let's not forget about glorious secure mode. Someone has ever used it on KV2? :foreveralone:

Yes :foreveralone:
Once.
On VP, it was last 2 VPs and I have won the game.

It was well over a year ago. :foreveralone:
22 Apr 2015, 17:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2015, 17:46 PMKatitof

Yes :foreveralone:
Once.
On VP, it was last 2 VPs and I have won the game.

It was well over a year ago. :foreveralone:

So let's bless Relic for such amazing ability :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight