Login

russian armor

Does CoH1 have a future?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (10)down
20 Jul 2015, 23:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 21:48 PMCieZ

Since when is being outside of the top 200 "almost top 100"?

15 games played in nowhere near enough time to properly calibrate your true ranking.

You played the strongest faction during a period of the community pretty much unanimously agreeing that Soviets are straight busted in 1v1s.

You got completely demolished by the only notable player you got matched up against.

You failed to beat anyone in the top 200, whilst playing Soviets... 1v1.

Meanwhile your normal account is rocking a sweet sub 50% win as USF 1v1.

/slowclap

But sure. You're really good and stuff. You're also still missing the entire point of this thread.

inverse is a fucking rts pro gamer and when he want it u would see him in 1 month in the top 15

good excample is aimstrong he is playing a handfull games in the mounth and beat ALL top 10 player ;)
i saw a game where he did 4 counter snipes with wehrmacht againts soviet and there i saw again all soviets play 2 sniper and this is the biggest reason why i not play coh2 2 man sniper what a bullshit
20 Jul 2015, 23:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 21:58 PMCieZ

Somehow the quality of Nekron's posts have declined.

Didn't think it was possible. Not surprised though.

krieg erstmal haare am sack und verpiss dich endlich
20 Jul 2015, 23:24 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Christ, you guys... play the game or don't play the game, like it or don't, whatever.

But i agree with both sides, CoH was the greatest RTS due to its strategic depth, as Inverse mentioned. But i enjoy CoH2, just in a different way and i have to thank my years with CoH, because the micro i learned helps alot in CoH2. :) For me, CoH is dead. It died when the community switched and players left, but i will forever have good memories of the best RTS ever made.

20 Jul 2015, 23:31 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 23:17 PMnekron

inverse is a fucking rts pro gamer

There's only been one pro RTS gamer that has played CoH and it's not inverse.
20 Jul 2015, 23:39 PM
Coder Red Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 21:48 PMCieZ

Since when is being outside of the top 200 "almost top 100"?

15 games played in nowhere near enough time to properly calibrate your true ranking.

You played the strongest faction during a period of the community pretty much unanimously agreeing that Soviets are straight busted in 1v1s.

You got completely demolished by the only notable player you got matched up against.

You failed to beat anyone in the top 200, whilst playing Soviets... 1v1.

Meanwhile your normal account is rocking a sweet sub 50% win as USF 1v1.

/slowclap

But sure. You're really good and stuff. You're also still missing the entire point of this thread.

Nah, I was 135 after 15 games going 14-1 before losing a few games due to the reasons I mentioned in my post, both of which were easily winnable. And in those games the only possible improvements I could have made short of choosing a different build order were losing less units and picking different commanders. There was no further granularity beyond that, just two players throwing units at each other until one loses more than the other.

For someone who's apparently clueless about CoH2, I was expecting it to be more difficult.
20 Jul 2015, 23:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 22:37 PMd00z

I wasn't listing those as tactical, I was telling you the features that make CoH 2 the shittiest possible sequel to an incredible title that was CoH 1. And there is more to say on that, but it's useless. Game is unfixable.

So you agree that I know the difference between strategy and tactics... after bashing me and saying that I had no clue what said difference was...

Makes sense.

You're still avoiding the root of the post and the core of my entire presence here. We're past the point of trying to debate which game is better. They're both good and players are going to like one or both games because everyone likes different stuff. There's nothing wrong with that. It's shocking, and quite revealing frankly, that I get so much flak for stating my PERSONAL OPINION that I prefer coh2 - all the while admitting that COH 1 was good... and then suggesting that if people want coh1 to stay live - they should play the game/do positive things for their community.

The response I get?
"Lol m8 coh2 iz shit"
"fuck off fanboy"

Have I ever once called COH 1 a shit game? I just can't comprehend this logic.

I dunno. Maybe people can't read. Or maybe they're just that dumb...
20 Jul 2015, 23:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 23:39 PMInverse

Nah, I was 135 after 15 games going 14-1 before losing a few games due to the reasons I mentioned in my post, both of which were easily winnable. And in those games the only possible improvements I could have made short of choosing a different build order were losing less units and picking different commanders. There was no further granularity beyond that, just two players throwing units at each other until one loses more than the other.

For someone who's apparently clueless about CoH2, I was expecting it to be more difficult.

Today I learned: beating 1000+ ranked players in 1v1 during placement matches as the strongest faction in the game gives me a perfect understanding of CoH 2.

Cool story. Maybe you can start making videos again and enlighten us plebs as to how ez the strategy in coh2 is. I'd really enjoy being able to finally beat top 1,000 players.

On a serious note, I scoff at the notion that the only reason you lost was a different build order/losing less units. I'd be willing to bet there were serious tactical/execution flaws given you've been away from the game for so long.
21 Jul 2015, 00:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 19:23 PMInverse

I almost got into the top 100 in a single day with zero strategic knowledge using standard commanders and a build from the beta, and that whole time the only important strategic decisions I made were commander selections. The rest was just micro and situational awareness. That shouldn't be possible in a strategy game.

And I got to rank 7 as USF in 10 games, whats your point?

The whole placement system is busted, your 10 games get weighted so weirdly. Try holding that top 100 or whatever spot you have as arguably the easiest faction to play, once tomorrows patch hits.

Winning your first ten placements, even against shitty players, gets you stupid high ranks.
21 Jul 2015, 00:14 AM

place 7 in 2v2 ranked ;) it says nothing only abuse shit ;)
21 Jul 2015, 00:17 AM

Thank you CieZ. The vitriol that Inverse has been trying to spray into the COH2 community since its inception is plain and simple petty. You love Vcoh. Good go play that, don't try to ruin peoples fun with a different game. Get. Over. Yourself.
21 Jul 2015, 00:24 AM

go all to the coh2 area god damned what want all coh2 player here in the coh1 section

CAN WE PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD NOW????
21 Jul 2015, 00:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2015, 00:14 AMnekron
place 7 in 2v2 ranked ;) it says nothing only abuse shit ;)

Ok mr pro ;)

21 Jul 2015, 01:05 AM
Patrion 14

This thread has far exceeded his use. If you lot want to spam nostalgic threats and BM to each other, feel free to do so in PM's.

vCoh is dead, long live COH2.

If you have any problem with this, feel free to pm me or another mod.

Best regards.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight