Login

russian armor

Does CoH1 have a future?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (10)down
20 Jul 2015, 11:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 10:55 AMSmaug
i think there should be a thread about proposing global upgrades for coh2. This will make an already good game into a great one.

my suggestions.

global lmg upgrade for grens. 300mp 70 feul
global ppsh upgrade on cons . 250 mp 65 feul \
global bar upgrade for rifles 300mp 80 feul (2 bars per squad)
bazooka unlock 150mp 30feul
M10 with HVAP rounds (200mp 50 feul) (all m10s deploy with HVAP enabled gun (40muni to use))

global RAM upgrade. 500mp 150feul (allows all soviet medium tanks to RAM (does 480 damage))
global side skirts upgrade 350mp 100feul (p4 & panther tanks with sideskirts to improve armor).

you get the point.. making changes like these will force the player to make strategic choices of whether to get another unit or upgrade existing units to be better or even tech and get a higher tier unit.

This i think will make coh1 players happy with coh2 and make coh2 an even better game.

Go do the honors of making the thread :)

I don't necessarily agree with your pricing for these ideas/upgrades but adding stuff like that to coh2 could improve the game. We've seen Relic listen to the community a lot more recently. Maybe we can give them some great ideas/inspire them to make changes in this direction. Would be cool to see some community ideas as to what upgrades people want to see in coh2.
20 Jul 2015, 11:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 11:13 AMCieZ

Go do the honors of making the thread :)

I don't necessarily agree with your pricing for these ideas/upgrades but adding stuff like that to coh2 could improve the game. We've seen Relic listen to the community a lot more recently. Maybe we can give them some great ideas/inspire them to make changes in this direction. Would be cool to see some community ideas as to what upgrades people want to see in coh2.

pricing is a balance factor which can be addressed, its the global upgrades thats im after.
20 Jul 2015, 12:48 PM

Please all play 2v2 at againts me pls .I show u different strats
Slowly i have enough from this bullshit here coh1 has more taktic and this is fact who cant deal with snipers ...poor guy
Many people talk here from 2v2 random or place 13 pe on a death leaderboard

Really slowly i have enough

This bullshit. Why nearly all high level player stoped coh2?
Cause of a shit gameplay

I played with some good coh1 player coh2 nearly 200 hours and this 200 hours was wasted time please all coh2 left now this thread anglefrost open anew 1 and i will see only an answer from relic or sega not from ciez or some other

Have a nice day guys byby
20 Jul 2015, 12:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 11:05 AMCieZ

On the other hand you come in here spewing ignorant nonsense and then call coh2 shit without ever providing any reasons. If you think it's shit - great. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But then why come rage post here instead of doing something positive for the community? It amazes me that this is the sort of reaction im met with when I try to say that both games are good and it'd be cool if both could be simultaneously successful.

Well, I understand what you are trying to say but railing against a few people's opinion may be pointless. Also, this is the vCOH sub forum, so people discussing the glory days of a once great game seems relatively benign to me. There are a plethora of other forums and topics where you can offer your strategist viewpoint(s), and maybe allow the handful of hanger-ons to a once great game have their space to vent, wish, and opine is a good thing. Trying to change people's deep seated opinion is an exercise in futility, especially on internet forums, in my experience.

Also, you can ignore nekron, he has a learning disability.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2015, 02:42 AMnekron

fuck off

Do the nurses know you are wondering the halls and logging into their computers?
20 Jul 2015, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 01:06 AMCieZ

@Nekron - You do realize I'm trying to help/inspire/do something positive/whatever for the vcoh community? I really don't understand why I'm being directly attacked by you and GeneralCH for saying both games are good and that both could/should be successful titles. My intentions here are noble. Maybe something is getting lost in translation since we don't speak each other's native languages but I really don't think all the hostility is warranted.

You are one of the most dishonest persons i have ever met. You are really rude, if it comes to defending your opinion. When you are proven wrong by logic, you just ignore it. The coh1 players, you are talking to here, have years of experience at this game compared to your 2.3 hours coh1 career. I guess you enjoy trolling and i won´t answer to it any longer.
20 Jul 2015, 13:47 PM
Donator 33

Off topic but you don't give methadone to a cocaine addict.

Yeah, luckily I know next to nothing of those ills.
20 Jul 2015, 13:51 PM

You are one of the most dishonest persons i have ever met. You are really rude, if it comes to defending your opinion. When you are proven wrong by logic, you just ignore it. The coh1 players, you are talking to here, have years of experience at this game compared to your 2.3 hours coh1 career. I guess you enjoy trolling and i won´t answer to it any longer.

:thumbsup:

in steam i have hmmm 5000 hours :D and in relic dont know 2000 maybe.

ok in coh2 i have only 200 hours and with this what i saw there i can say the game isnt nice

and i watch many games from luvnest and all fanatic casts. im in teamspeak with many coh2 play good coh2 player and all rage about coh2.
i hear every time the same squad wipe here blob there anti tank planes kill all tanks and crahe into hq sector and kill all inf i see only demos as highlights from coh2
nearly ALL soviet teams play double sniper or 3 sniper and funny is u cant counter a sniper start like in coh1 with mg bike combo
op tank call in

i played with no lucky strike the last 2v2 at games we was proof new tactiks like okw play normal but wehr start with 4 pios ammo op and only flamer and then mortar ht
it workes good the oppoents lost all shox and inf
but then we get tank call in spamed and we had no counter for it or only a little bit was countered

when my mate not played this 4 flamer and the opponents play double shox and cap in houses it is nearly gg

so where is here tactik loose all to get cp and spam then tank call ins????? :loco:

but i tlked again to much about tactik to much with a guy they understand nothing from tactik maybe
or excist a ciez strat?

player like aimstrong was a strategist
or inverse watch his channel then u see a real strategist B-)

ERASE PLS DOUBLE POST
20 Jul 2015, 13:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 13:51 PMnekron

in steam i have hmmm 5000 hours :D and in relic dont know 3000 maybe.

ok in coh2 i have only 200 hours and with this what i saw there i can say the game isnt nice

and i watch many games from luvnest and all fanatic casts. im in teamspeak with many coh2 play good coh2 player and all rage about coh2.
i hear every time the same squad wipe here blob there anti tank planes kill all tanks and crahe into hq sector and kill all inf i see only demos as highlights from coh2
nearly ALL soviet teams play double sniper or 3 sniper and funny is u cant counter a sniper start like in coh1 with mg bike combo
op tank call in

i played with no lucky strike the last 2v2 at games we was proof new tactiks like okw play normal but wehr start with 4 pios ammo op and only flamer and then mortar ht
it workes good the oppoents lost all shox and inf
but then we get tank call in spamed and we had no counter for it or only a little bit was countered

when my mate not played this 4 flamer and the opponents play double shox and cap in houses it is nearly gg

so where is here tactik loose all to get cp and spam then tank call ins????? :loco:

but i tlked again to much about tactik to much with a guy they understand nothing from tactik maybe
or excist a ciez strat?

player like aimstrong was a strategist
or inverse watch his channel then u see a real strategist B-)
20 Jul 2015, 13:55 PM

I thought Relic handed over vcoh to another studio?
20 Jul 2015, 14:03 PM

This entire debate over which is game is better is pointless, it is subjective.

Similar to so many other limited title releases, most players will prefer the game they played first (SC > SC2 , Diablo 2 > Diablo 3 etc) this is why cs 1.6, Quake 1, css etc are all still played to this day.
20 Jul 2015, 14:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 14:03 PMwuff
This entire debate over which is game is better is pointless, it is subjective.

This isn't about which game is better, that's been established like 2 years ago. This is about implementing important mechanics from coh1 in to coh2, so that coh2 can be just as good and then there won't be a need to have these discussions.
20 Jul 2015, 14:47 PM

This isn't about which game is better, that's been established like 2 years ago. This is about implementing important mechanics from coh1 in to coh2, so that coh2 can be just as good and then there won't be a need to have these discussions.

20 Jul 2015, 15:19 PM

Today I learned that liking both coh1 and coh2, admitting that they're both good games and simply wanting the best for both communities makes me a troll... Just because I prefer to play coh2.

#GeneralCHLogic

This thread was never supposed to be about which game is better. As wuFF (and as i have said before) said it's completely subjective. It was for discussing the potential future of coh1. I've said my peace on that. It'll have as much of a future as the community wants it to have, just like every other game ever.

With that, I'll take littlebirdie's advice and bow out. If you guys want to wallow in self pity and cry about the way things used to be, then that's on you. It'd be cool to see coh1 and coh2 both succeed.

But yeah. I've clearly over stayed my welcome. Enjoy your dead/dying game since no one seems to have the guts or drive to do anything positive for coh1.

GGWP coh1 community. It's a shame because the game could still be popular. And potentially more successful/more played than coh2.
20 Jul 2015, 15:21 PM

Read the title of the thread and tell me how it's about implementing stuff from coh1 into coh2... Never mind I've said that I've had my chance to say what I wanted in this thread so I'll actually leave now.
20 Jul 2015, 19:23 PM
Coder Red Badge

If i wanted to win in coh1, there were those Standard Strats everyone did (4 Rifles m8, T2 Def FTFL Spam vet2Gren Spam etc.)

That's because you were a terrible CoH1 player, especially in 1v1s. Your argument kinda falls apart when every single top player has their own definition of what constitutes standard play.

I started a new CoH2 account yesterday and almost got into the top 100 as Soviets in under 15 games, even though I haven't played CoH2 in months, have no idea what the meta is, and just conscript spammed. Oh, and I'm also "clueless" about CoH2, as some people love to say. In those games, the only important strategic decision I ever had to make was choosing which commander to pick; the games I lost were exclusively because I either lost too many units or chose the wrong commander, even against top 100 players who should have rolled me thanks to my lack of experience. The combination of low cost and low build time made the few available upgrades completely inconsequential. I didn't have to plan ahead, I didn't have to think about how they fit into my build. If I needed molotovs or AT grenades, I always had enough resources and I knew it would at most delay my tech by a minute, and I didn't have to plan ahead because they finished in a few seconds.

I almost got into the top 100 in a single day with zero strategic knowledge using standard commanders and a build from the beta, and that whole time the only important strategic decisions I made were commander selections. The rest was just micro and situational awareness. That shouldn't be possible in a strategy game.
20 Jul 2015, 21:42 PM

But anyway won't be too long till people post i am noob, have no idea of the game and never been top player etc...

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 19:23 PMInverse

That's because you were a terrible CoH1 player, especially in 1v1s.

ok, it took 15 posts. you also completely missed my point, gj
20 Jul 2015, 21:48 PM

That's because you were a terrible CoH1 player, especially in 1v1s. Your argument kinda falls apart when every single top player has their own definition of what constitutes standard play.

I started a new CoH2 account yesterday and almost got into the top 100 as Soviets in under 15 games, even though I haven't played CoH2 in months, have no idea what the meta is, and just conscript spammed. Oh, and I'm also "clueless" about CoH2, as some people love to say. In those games, the only important strategic decision I ever had to make was choosing which commander to pick; the games I lost were exclusively because I either lost too many units or chose the wrong commander, even against top 100 players who should have rolled me thanks to my lack of experience. The combination of low cost and low build time made the few available upgrades completely inconsequential. I didn't have to plan ahead, I didn't have to think about how they fit into my build. If I needed molotovs or AT grenades, I always had enough resources and I knew it would at most delay my tech by a minute, and I didn't have to plan ahead because they finished in a few seconds.

I almost got into the top 100 in a single day with zero strategic knowledge using standard commanders and a build from the beta, and that whole time the only important strategic decisions I made were commander selections. The rest was just micro and situational awareness. That shouldn't be possible in a strategy game.

Since when is being outside of the top 200 "almost top 100"?

15 games played in nowhere near enough time to properly calibrate your true ranking.

You played the strongest faction during a period of the community pretty much unanimously agreeing that Soviets are straight busted in 1v1s.

You got completely demolished by the only notable player you got matched up against.

You failed to beat anyone in the top 200, whilst playing Soviets... 1v1.

Meanwhile your normal account is rocking a sweet sub 50% win as USF 1v1.

/slowclap

But sure. You're really good and stuff. You're also still missing the entire point of this thread.
20 Jul 2015, 21:49 PM

20 Jul 2015, 21:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 21:49 PMnekron

Somehow the quality of Nekron's posts have declined.

Didn't think it was possible. Not surprised though.
20 Jul 2015, 22:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 11:05 AMCieZ

Oh jeez. You clearly have no understanding of what the word "tactical" means.

Everything you've mentioned are strategic choices, not tactical decisions. We've already established that vcoh had a deeper level of strategic decison making.

I wasn't listing those as tactical, I was telling you the features that make CoH 2 the shittiest possible sequel to an incredible title that was CoH 1. And there is more to say on that, but it's useless. Game is unfixable.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS