Login

russian armor

Blob nerf aura

16 Apr 2015, 22:51 PM

How would you implement something like this when the core of USF and OKW's strats involve lots of a single type of unit by design.

That lots of same unit type does not have to be centered in the area of the size of capture circle you know, there is plenty of map for them to be at.
16 Apr 2015, 22:59 PM

barton while this idea will very much stop ppl stop blobbing, I don't think it should be implemented for reasons. first it would makes sense for ur army to get weaker when ur spending mp to make a stronger army... next if u blob u are at high risk looking for reward. theres already many ways to punish ppl blobbing. blobbing is a real way of war and it made ppl stronger by raising morale. even tho im not a blobber I don't want them to nerf blob. I would like them to buff smart tactical play instead. im sure most would agree and u to barton
16 Apr 2015, 23:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 22:51 PMKatitof

That lots of same unit type does not have to be centered in the area of the size of capture circle you know, there is plenty of map for them to be at.

If you spread your rifles out to much your going to get owned because the enemy can concentrate a lot more power in a smaller area. Soviets are also capable of good force concentration to.

Having more units that the other dude =/= blobbing.
16 Apr 2015, 23:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 22:41 PMRMMLz

Affecting only core infantry, or some call-ins is the whole point of this. Only spamable units (Grens,Volk,Pzgrens,Fusi,Shocks,Cons etc.) should be affected not support weapons.

I don't agree with you second point about removal of the effect after being stationary. Most blobs deal huge damage when stationary (LMG Grens, LMG Rifles-which have defensive stance- LMG Obers, PTRS Cons).

Please read what i wrote before responding. I saying IF there is a received accuracy to blobs, it should ONLY count for the CORE INFANTRY units. aka, nerf CORE INFANTRY blobs NOT support weapon blobbing (which can be countered by indirect fire.

Also, for my second point, i said for being stationary AFTER AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME so that it will affect lmg grens and PTRS cons but wont affect infantry defending a postion. In other words, the problem isnt a huge stationary blob (which can be countered with indirect fire) but a blob that is moving around the map wiping everything in its path. Get my point?

Read before you reply please and thank you :).
16 Apr 2015, 23:45 PM
Donator 11

Start with giving the negative zeal debuff that only applies to Machine guns when firing on the blob and see how that works out.
16 Apr 2015, 23:51 PM

Please read what i wrote before responding. I saying IF there is a received accuracy to blobs, it should ONLY count for the CORE INFANTRY units. aka, nerf CORE INFANTRY blobs NOT support weapon blobbing (which can be countered by indirect fire.

Also, for my second point, i said for being stationary AFTER AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME so that it will affect lmg grens and PTRS cons but wont affect infantry defending a postion. In other words, the problem isnt a huge stationary blob (which can be countered with indirect fire) but a blob that is moving around the map wiping everything in its path. Get my point?

Read before you reply please and thank you :).

Well, my first sentence says "Affecting core infantry is the whole point" and I totally agree with you, but also I wanna add infantry call-in to the list (Shocks,Fusis etc). I didn't contradict you.

About the second point, my opinion still stands but that doesn't really matter because if you want to form a static defense line, your gonna get rekt by indirect fire so you either have to move the blob or stay under fire. And there is a difference between X amount of time and Extended amount of time. I thought you are suggesting something like 4-5 seconds. But again IMHO it doesn't matter, if you set a very dense static defense line, even if you lose the buff you are forced to move or get rekt.
17 Apr 2015, 00:05 AM
Donator 11

It somehow worked in CoH1 to nerf pio spam, it could work for every type of infantry in CoH2 also, my idea is simple, nerf starts affecting squad when there's at least 2 other infantry units (type doesnt matter), in X radius from it, each other infantry unit increases stacking and increases chance to hit this squad by for example 5%, up to 5 stacks, so in very blobby way, one squad could get up to 25% received accuracy penalty (that's 7 squads).

I think this could be great option when current volks blob, PTRS, Zook spam meta is almost in every game :snfBarton:

that calculation is probably too complicated for Relic or will decrease game performance. :snfBarton:
Neo
17 Apr 2015, 00:05 AM

If you spread your rifles out to much your going to get owned because the enemy can concentrate a lot more power in a smaller area.

Some people don't remember what it's like not to blob so they keep making this type of argument.
17 Apr 2015, 00:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2015, 00:05 AMNeo

Some people don't remember what it's like not to blob so they keep making this type of argument.

The reason people don't like blobbing is because it's more effective than sending out single units across the map.

A lot of people confuse having a large army with blobbing, outnumbering your opponent is a smart way to win. And USF is literally designed to have a large army of versatile infantry, similar to OKW.

An increase in blob counters would be far easier to implement then some debuff gimmick.
17 Apr 2015, 03:14 AM

Can Friendly Fire of small arms stop blobbing?

If you have 3 units moving in a pack, theoretically the guys in the back won't be able to engage targets to the front. They could, but if they do, RNG might determine that Jimmy might just get shot in the back.

Keep it to Inf units.

17 Apr 2015, 03:58 AM

Can Friendly Fire of small arms stop blobbing?

If you have 3 units moving in a pack, theoretically the guys in the back won't be able to engage targets to the front. They could, but if they do, RNG might determine that Jimmy might just get shot in the back.

Keep it to Inf units.

Stop blobbing, yes. Good for the game, no.
17 Apr 2015, 09:19 AM
Donator 11

It somehow worked in CoH1 to nerf pio spam, it could work for every type of infantry in CoH2 also, my idea is simple, nerf starts affecting squad when there's at least 2 other infantry units (type doesnt matter), in X radius from it, each other infantry unit increases stacking and increases chance to hit this squad by for example 5%, up to 5 stacks, so in very blobby way, one squad could get up to 25% received accuracy penalty (that's 7 squads).

I think this could be great option when current volks blob, PTRS, Zook spam meta is almost in every game :snfBarton:

Sure, Relic should employ that ages ago
17 Apr 2015, 09:22 AM
Donator 11

How about we remove attack move

Axis players will quit coh2
Neo
17 Apr 2015, 10:51 AM

The reason people don't like blobbing is because it's more effective than sending out single units across the map.

The reason people don't like blobbing is that it's a skill negator.

It allows people with no micro to do better against higher skill players because doing things that are normally punished hard by the game mechanics (keeping units close to each other and increasing their risk of AOE/flame damage, running over open ground, not using cover, frontal assaults) is rewarded by the mere fact of having a big ball of DPS walking around killing everything in its path.

A lot of people confuse having a large army with blobbing

It's only you that does that. This thread is not called "large army nerf aura" for a reason.

We're not talking about a large army, we're talking about battle groups of 4 BAR/zook rifles + captain or 4 volks + 2 obers or 5 PTRS cons or 4 LMG grens with 2 shrecked pgrens.

17 Apr 2015, 12:33 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

17 Apr 2015, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2015, 10:51 AMNeo

We're not talking about a large army, we're talking about battle groups of 4 BAR/zook rifles + captain or 4 volks + 2 obers or 5 PTRS cons or 4 LMG grens with 2 shrecked pgrens.

17 Apr 2015, 13:06 PM

I'd rather see the counters buffed if a change is necessary. Negative zeal or something similar just seems like a messy solution that will inevitably cause more issues then it solves.

As for attack move, definitely shouldn't be removed, its incredibly useful at times. If its deemed that a moving armies is op or removes skill just make it so all units at very max range deal next to 0 damage so if someone a-moves their unit it will not engage efficiently until manually controlled.
I'm not convinced a change is even needed to a-moving though.
17 Apr 2015, 13:07 PM

@OP: It's a bad idea. Unforeseen consequences.

How about we remove attack move

^^Even worse, removing player control? Not a good idea. Less control is frustrating...

Good there already is such mechanics in game. It's called AoE suppression. All we need is adding AoE suppression to all types of artilery (from mortar to ML-20) and some huge boost to AoE suppression range on ALL MGs. At least 1.5 multiplier of todays values if not 2.0. Some really mild AoE suppression on tank guns can also be considered. These are all quite big high explosive shells, you know.

It in fact has all desired features in it:
1. It works wonders against clumbed squads.
2. It works worse/doesn't work when enemy is in cover.
3. You need to counter the blob, it does not couter itself (like in case of aura).
4. It stops war of blobs (aura doesn't, it just makes blobs disassemble during fights).

Btw it's important to know that one or two mg's should not stop 8 unit blob directed by half minded player. You should need to have at least half of blob's unit count of mg's to counter it.
(2:1 is great ratio in fact and usually it's more as mg's are dirt cheap)

^^This is a good approach, in my opinion, also design-wise. Especially point 3 in this list sums up the problem of OPs suggestion.
17 Apr 2015, 17:21 PM

Good there already is such mechanics in game. It's called AoE suppression. All we need is adding AoE suppression to all types of artilery (from mortar to ML-20) and some huge boost to AoE suppression range on ALL MGs. At least 1.5 multiplier of todays values if not 2.0. Some really mild AoE suppression on tank guns can also be considered. These are all quite big high explosive shells, you know.

It in fact has all desired features in it:
1. It works wonders against clumbed squads.
2. It works worse/doesn't work when enemy is in cover.
3. You need to counter the blob, it does not couter itself (like in case of aura).
4. It stops war of blobs (aura doesn't, it just makes blobs disassemble during fights).

Btw it's important to know that one or two mg's should not stop 8 unit blob directed by half minded player. You should need to have at least half of blob's unit count of mg's to counter it.
(2:1 is great ratio in fact and usually it's more as mg's are dirt cheap)

I agree for lots of it except the 2:1 ratio of mgs. Mgs are the hard counter to massed infantry. On close quarters maps having 3-4 mgs is just not realistic because a.) theres smoke and b.) Mgs have to set up before the blob arrives and be facing the right direction. Id counter them differently with indirect fire.
17 Apr 2015, 18:41 PM
Donator 11

I agree for lots of it except the 2:1 ratio of mgs. Mgs are the hard counter to massed infantry. On close quarters maps having 3-4 mgs is just not realistic because a.) theres smoke and b.) Mgs have to set up before the blob arrives and be facing the right direction. Id counter them differently with indirect fire.

Ofc, you're right. That exactly why I also wrote about other sources of surpression. The ratio is more of a theoretic number assuming infinite space but it takes into consideration smoke, flanking and it works quite well for small numbers for example up to 5 squads in a blob (that can beat 2 MG's but cannot beat 3 of them).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★