Login

russian armor

Alpha Announcement

15 Apr 2015, 18:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 17:28 PMcapiqua

By Jove! You should click the button to apply!

What squad has this speech?:thumbsup:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=By+Jove britsbrits Confirmed PogChamp
15 Apr 2015, 18:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 18:10 PMBarrier
Does anyone know if being press or a game developer automatically excludes you?

I wouldn't say it excludes you(and god, I hope it doesn't).
Press can actually later on get permission to write an early article and do some hype like we had with AA and WFA and a game dev, well, if you are one as well I don't need you to explain benefits of that to Relic if you'll be providing actual feedback instead of jumping for early preview.
15 Apr 2015, 18:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 18:10 PMBarrier
Does anyone know if being press or a game developer automatically excludes you?

I'm sure it would aid your chances on account of being press means you talking about the game later when you're allowed to likely will have a lot more readers than other people which of course is more publicity for them, and a game developer would likely be presumed to provide more useful feedback than other people because you, you know, get making games.
15 Apr 2015, 19:29 PM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 18:23 PMKatitof

I wouldn't say it excludes you(and god, I hope it doesn't).
Press can actually later on get permission to write an early article and do some hype like we had with AA and WFA and a game dev, well, if you are one as well I don't need you to explain benefits of that to Relic if you'll be providing actual feedback instead of jumping for early preview.

For the WFA alpha I also ticked the gamedev option but I wasn't accepted, so I was wondering if It's some new policy from SEGA.
Maybe they don't want us to steal their gamedev secrets!
15 Apr 2015, 19:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 19:29 PMBarrier

For the WFA alpha I also ticked the gamedev option but I wasn't accepted, so I was wondering if It's some new policy from SEGA.
Maybe they don't want us to steal their gamedev secrets!

Ticking either of them doesnt exactly mean instant access, given that the enlistment is pretty unchecked; how would they know for sure im a developer/writer, etc...

So, bad RNG, Kappa
15 Apr 2015, 19:52 PM
Patrion 28

Ticking either of them doesnt exactly mean instant access, given that the enlistment is pretty unchecked; how would they know for sure im a developer/writer, etc...

So, bad RNG, Kappa

Yeah, gotta pray to that RNG God!
15 Apr 2015, 21:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

So, bad RNG, Kappa

You signed the terms and conditions saying you wouldn't lie, how could you have lied then?
15 Apr 2015, 22:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 21:55 PMTobis

You signed the terms and conditions saying you wouldn't lie, how could you have lied then?

15 Apr 2015, 22:26 PM

Submitted yo. At least my PC will be able to run it on ultra. And as the coh2 US are the coh1 brits, I wonder what will be the coh2 brits...
15 Apr 2015, 22:29 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 22:26 PMPepsi
Submitted yo. At least my PC will be able to run it on ultra. And as the coh2 US are the coh1 brits, I wonder what will be the coh2 brits...

Space Marines.
15 Apr 2015, 22:48 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 22:26 PMPepsi
And as the coh2 US are the coh1 brits

15 Apr 2015, 23:36 PM

Custom commanders + removal of callin meta. holy shit this could really shake things up.
16 Apr 2015, 07:21 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Update: applicants will be notified by April 28th, 6pm PDT.

You'll all hear back from us either way, as well!

source: coh2 web
16 Apr 2015, 07:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 23:36 PMZyllen
Custom commanders + removal of callin meta. holy shit this could really shake things up.

You realize that custom commanders=call-in meta supreme, right?
16 Apr 2015, 07:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 07:54 AMKatitof

You realize that custom commanders=call-in meta supreme, right?

Tie call in's to teching, problem solved.
16 Apr 2015, 08:12 AM

Tie call in's to teching, problem solved.

Thats still call-in meta and you won't even be delayed to pump first batch, on the contrary, it'll hit the field faster thanks to CPs acquired by tech.

Putting a band aid on a broken leg won't fix it.
Fundamental problem is with call-in armor having no disadvantage over stock armor, there is no need for any decision making, because the decision is obvious, need for tech won't change that for anyone except Ost.
Call-in meta will be fixed, when stock units will have equal appeal to field them instead of punishing you with inferior force which often require exponentially more micro due to fragility and numbers.

You can't say "tie call-ins to tech" because it won't fix anything at all, it just makes 2nd call-in unit arrive 3-5 mins later then it normally would.

Imagine you have fresh oranges and bad oranges. People always go for fresh ones, even if you will put them in one bad and force people to buy bad ones together with fresh ones, people will just throw away bad ones and keep the fresh ones, nothing will change except neglect-able cost increase.
16 Apr 2015, 11:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 08:12 AMKatitof

Thats still call-in meta

Call-in meta will be fixed

You know, maybe it's just the game. Maybe all the people that goes meta this meta that should simply play another game. The stock tanks ARE being built. So, the argument then becomes "oh but they are not as strong as... but people use this tactic... nobody uses (although they do)... I think the game should be..."

Maybe try seeing the cool thing about special abilites unlocked as the game progresses and have more options of play. Which is a cool thing. No?
16 Apr 2015, 12:35 PM

1 situational t 70 out of average 10 games is not
The stock tanks ARE being built.

I build Sturmtigers for lulz. So what? It makes Sturmtiger not overshadowed by stuka in any way possible?

Maybe infrared halftracks?

People complaining not because game is bad but because they want it to be better. Imagine coh without bugs. Without performance issues. With whole roster of units available and commanders being balanced. It would be dream RTS.
16 Apr 2015, 12:48 PM
Benefactor 115

I have to agree, less bugs and better performance is the real dream for me regarding this game.

Strategic diversity would also be nice but it's not really a balance issue and requires some reworking of the factions and commanders.
16 Apr 2015, 13:09 PM

You know, maybe it's just the game. Maybe all the people that goes meta this meta that should simply play another game. The stock tanks ARE being built. So, the argument then becomes "oh but they are not as strong as... but people use this tactic... nobody uses (although they do)... I think the game should be..."

Maybe try seeing the cool thing about special abilites unlocked as the game progresses and have more options of play. Which is a cool thing. No?

I'm playing with most doctrines, even the ones considered utter trash as I like versatility and diversity.
I'm being punished for playing with doctrines with no tanks as soviets and god forbids that opponent will go for tier/call-in that counters whole my tier of choice.
I have a free playstyle choice as all 3 other armies, still need to follow basic, but mid and late game is incomparably more branched out when it comes to valid, working choices I can make.

Sure, I can play tank hunters with T34s, but if my opponent will be able to contain me and survive 15 mins it will be like mining rocks with your nails when I'm forced to use just stock armor.

Call-in meta is almost exclusively soviet problem as they are the only ones who rely 100% on the doctrine choice. Sure, stock tanks are being build.
As OKW why should I do it when I have panther, Luchs, Obers in a single tier, why wouldn't I want that every game?
As Ost, with CAS doctrine I can feely go T4, otherwise T3 supported by PaKs is still potent choice.
As USF, except Scott being a wanabe arty the sherman and jackson perform really well and I don't always want easy 8 every game.

With soviets if I'm not going for elite infantry and call-in armor or at the very least elite infantry I feel like I'm playing with one arm tight behind my back. That shouldn't be the case, I should feel rewarded with something if I go T3 or T4. What is the beneefit of T3? I pay 190 fuel to get a LIGHT TANK and once its dead I'll just focus on call-ins as T34s are ineffective and M5 is too squishy for a unit that arrives so late and needs to be relatively close to front line. T4 while bit better also falls short as while I will have good AT defense, I will have nothing to push axis defensive line as cons will get murdered.

Again, call-in disease applies almost exclusively to soviets. I never feel handicapped when playing other army. And god I hope new army won't suffer same problems.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★