Login

russian armor

Should OKW be able to build caches?

PAGES (9)down
12 Apr 2015, 21:16 PM

Your knowledge of OKW is simply bias.
I stated exactly why resource caches won't happened. Gave you examples. Refer to these posts. You still didn't provide me with any reasonable argument except for "because I want to".
There are reasons for certain things being as they are and for them to change would require far more than simple adding or removing feature.
For the very same reason I am oppose to giving Conscripts any form of non doctrinal AI upgrade or introducing heavy armour to USF.
You don't see bigger picture. All you care about is your beloved OKW and how to make things simpler or easier for you.
What's more ironic because you play mostly large team games you don't even realize your favorite army potential and true strength of its units.
As an example your recent comments regarding officer.
I suspect I have more in depth knowledge of OKW then you despite having far less games played as this faction.

But the thing is you made no points, you simply said "no it would require a redesign" with no reasons why. But let me address you point by point.

Opal trucks/caches offer you a way of investing, conversion isn't an investment since your not waiting for pay off your just instantly getting more income that the enemy can't stop from happening.

Caches involve you spending MP (which means less units not more) for a pay off of making a point unable to be capped while getting extra income of a selected amount. You can't "turn off" caches like you can with fuel and munition conversion. And OKW already get reduced income from caches right now in any game mode above ones.

And you accuse me of bias, but you lack any sort of proof while you have made insane comments that reveal a lack of understand of the very basic functions of the faction. Trucks don't stop people from capping points, cache income is reduced, and again you admit yourself to not even playing the faction. Not even touching on the fact you recommended people use Puma's to counter Tank Hunter tactics.
12 Apr 2015, 22:37 PM

Permanently Banned
Caches for OKW will break the game
12 Apr 2015, 23:12 PM

You have resource conversion. That's OKW variant of resource caches.

This. I've said this in my previous post. The synergy between caches and conversion will break the game, even if the cache provides less resources. You almost always have excessive MP with OKW, so if you build 2 fuel caches and then convert to muni, you are gonna have mark 7-8 minute Schreckblob, then you convert to fuel and a couple minutes later here comes Luchs. With the current state of Raketen, it's gonna be impossible to counter this army.
12 Apr 2015, 23:15 PM

Caches for OKW will break the game

You do realize that OKW benefits from caches?

This. I've said this in my previous post. The synergy between caches and conversion will break the game, even if the cache provides less resources. You almost always have excessive MP with OKW, so if you build 2 fuel caches and then convert to muni, you are gonna have mark 7-8 minute Schreckblob, then you convert to fuel and a couple minutes later here comes Luchs. With the current state of Raketen, it's gonna be impossible to counter this army.

This is already possible

EDIT: Do people really not know that caches for OKW is already a thing lol, this would just mean that Ostheer has to play logistics officer less in 2s/3s/4s
12 Apr 2015, 23:22 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I'm pretty certain people know that; and that their income from them is affected like anything else

The difference is that OKW cannot build them themselves, so OKW with OKH teammates are much stronger than OKW by themselves
12 Apr 2015, 23:32 PM
Donator 11

You do realize that OKW benefits from caches?

This is already possible

EDIT: Do people really not know that caches for OKW is already a thing lol, this would just mean that Ostheer has to play logistics officer less in 2s/3s/4s

Not exactly, ostheer always lacks manpower so building caches or not is a decision you have to make with both pros and cons. Okw on the other hand floats horribly so letting them build caches is major buff to axis forces in team games.
12 Apr 2015, 23:38 PM

Not exactly, ostheer always lacks manpower so building caches or not is a decision you have to make with both pros and cons. Okw on the other hand floats horribly so letting them build caches is major buff to axis forces in team games.

OKW being able to build them so they float less MP would make OKW less OP, not more. Or do you think the current giant OKW infantry hordes are balanced right now, honestly?

I'm pretty certain people know that; and that their income from them is affected like anything else

Not really, OKW being able to build them wouldn't change the dynamic at all outside of ones, and I don't think OKW is really all that OP in ones anyway.

OKW can already get cache income, and due to it's MP float it can cover for the Ostheer opponent anyway by spamming infantry.
13 Apr 2015, 00:02 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

OKW being able to build them so they float less MP would make OKW less OP, not more. Or do you think the current giant OKW infantry hordes are balanced right now, honestly?

What makes you think adding caches in any way is not a buff to OKW? Why would people even build caches if it was not better than just floating all the manpower? It will let them get tech and vehicles out quicker, at the cost of really nothing. The floated manpower is wasted now as is, letting OKW convert more manpower into greater field presence in no way fixes the problem.
13 Apr 2015, 00:26 AM

Permanently Banned
imagine 4 okw players in 4v4 spamming caches.

they would skip panther and go straight for 18 minute KT's and Jt's

13 Apr 2015, 00:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 00:02 AMTobis

What makes you think adding caches in any way is not a buff to OKW? Why would people even build caches if it was not better than just floating all the manpower? It will let them get tech and vehicles out quicker, at the cost of really nothing. The floated manpower is wasted now as is, letting OKW convert more manpower into greater field presence in no way fixes the problem.

It does, the biggest problem with OKW is the fact you can only spend MP on more infantry, you can't spend it on support weapons, and you can't spend it on vehicles. If you are spending MP on caches your helping drain off that huge float, and being able to build more tanks helps drain it off further.

The issue here is that OKW can already benefit from caches at a reduced rate, so what's the issue with just giving OKW the ability to make them to? Really the Opal truck idea is much better, but I doubt Relic will do it.

I would rather face say an extra Panther or an early Luchs than 3 Ober squads or a giant horde of Volks.

You know people value Ostheer team mates for more than just caches right? Ostheer team mates can already spam caches as well as fuel drops to get early KT's, and you can't get early JT's because they are tied to CP.
13 Apr 2015, 00:36 AM

The difference is that OKW cannot build them themselves, so OKW with OKH teammates are much stronger than OKW by themselves

That's true, BUT in small games (1s and 2s), the poor Ost player should spend 200 MP, and they are already MP starved, so Ost player should sacrifice a units for fuel income. But, imagine of OKW player-with their unspent MP pool-will be able to build caches. So the Ost player can also benefit from this while saving his MP for teching/units.
13 Apr 2015, 00:39 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I would rather face say an extra Panther or an early Luchs than 3 Ober squads or a giant horde of Volks.

Then why would they even make caches?
13 Apr 2015, 00:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 00:39 AMTobis

Then why would they even make caches?

It's easier to blob infantry, and by this logic why doesn't every player of every faction not just blob infantry and wait for tan-

oh

13 Apr 2015, 01:00 AM
Honorary Member Badge

It does, the biggest problem with OKW is the fact you can only spend MP on more infantry, you can't spend it on support weapons, and you can't spend it on vehicles. If you are spending MP on caches your helping drain off that huge float, and being able to build more tanks helps drain it off further.

Yes you can spend it on support weapons

No you can't spend it on vehicles, that's the point of the faction design.
13 Apr 2015, 01:03 AM

Yes you can spend it on support weapons

No you can't spend it on vehicles, that's the point of the faction design.

Oh what plentiful support weapons are these! A 480 MP ISG and a super fragile AT gun :foreveralone:

There isn't any real logical reason for OKW to keep it's current MP float, and OKW should be given options to reduce it which translates into MP dumps like caches and or Opal trucks.
13 Apr 2015, 01:09 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Oh what plentiful support weapons are these! A 480 MP ISG and a super fragile AT gun :foreveralone:

There isn't any real logical reason for OKW to keep it's current MP float, and OKW should be given options to reduce it which translates into MP dumps like caches and or Opal trucks.

Or increased teching costs :snfPeter:
13 Apr 2015, 01:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 01:09 AMTobis

Or increased teching costs :snfPeter:

Still not going to fix the float, best way to do it would be the aforementioned Opal truck idea or add a "conversion of MP to fuel" or "conversion of MP to munitions" to one of the HQ trucks.

Iv floated (pun intended) an idea before to reduce all OKW vehicle fuel prices by 25% and increase the OKW vehicle MP prices by 50% before.
13 Apr 2015, 01:35 AM
Honorary Member Badge

You can't on the one hand ask for MP sinks and the other complain that everything that is too expensive...
13 Apr 2015, 01:37 AM

Is this any different from 3 okw players and one ostplayer building caches ?
13 Apr 2015, 01:39 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 01:37 AMZyllen

Is this any different from 3 okw players and one ostplayer building caches ?

Well, it wouldn't be better, which is usually the reason for making changes - to make things better.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS