Login

russian armor

Should OKW be able to build caches?

PAGES (9)down
13 Apr 2015, 17:03 PM

OZtheWiZARD on steam. Add me. I'm in the game right now.

Added, going to go to the book store really quick while I wait for you to confirm
13 Apr 2015, 17:08 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Whoa whoa whoa WAIT!!WHERE ARE THE CASTERS????
13 Apr 2015, 17:51 PM

OZtheWiZARD

rip
13 Apr 2015, 18:26 PM

This I gotta see.
13 Apr 2015, 18:46 PM

OZtheWiZARD

rip

And yet he is online and playing coh2 at this very moment.
13 Apr 2015, 18:54 PM

He won. I admit. I thought I got him at one point but shouldn't have gone after Jadgtiger. He blobs like crazy though.
GG in the end. 2 noobs fighting each other :). Replay attached

I'm more than willing to play against him again.

13 Apr 2015, 18:55 PM

http://www.coh2.org/replay/33475/jadgtiger-bait-best-bait.

Ironically also the perfect example of why the MP float is so great, replacing entire armies all day every day.

EDIT: lol whining about me grouping up my infantry, of course. :snfBarton:
13 Apr 2015, 18:56 PM

^ too late mate. We mentioned the same moment lol :).

Respect for accepting the challenge. I think it is the first one?
13 Apr 2015, 19:05 PM
Donator 33

Along with van Voortaroo, I must call into question the sanity of napalm for bringing this darkness and Alex assault upon us. To the topic I say no, and the logic that a faction floats so giving them a beneficial option when they remain unaffected by that option is silly. Reevaluation of WHY they float should come long before caches are on the table, to make it the same for every other faction as Alex so aptly put it but in the sense that it needs to take away from other opportunities in your army, which Alex omitted. Also I am not a fan of the ease a cache on s fuel protected by the Flak HQ will bring back Brit COH1 lockdown to a sector.

So to summerize, adjust costs (likely on Volks) to prevent the huge float this one and only faction has, so it will be a real long term decision. Secondly do not allow a cache on the sector the flak truck is on and I'd be game.

I await the napalm induced Alex assault #yolo #crazybear

I will say the statement that OKW wouldn't float if it had caches is the most thoughtless assessment on this thread, and I'm sure any high level player does not see caches as the appropriate solution to solve a viable factions beneficial man power float.
13 Apr 2015, 19:18 PM

Wow, and what do i find here? A match between Oz and Alex? This I HAVE TO see. I generally disagree with Alex's opinions of course but it's always a pleasure seeing cocky super-players wannabe getting beaten by players that just because they are sustaining their own opinions with conviction are usually bullied on the internet because they refuse to agree with the rest of the world.

You should do this more often Alex. With some other guys, too. I have some nicknames in mind :).
13 Apr 2015, 19:18 PM

Along with van Voortaroo, I must call into question the sanity of napalm for bringing this darkness and Alex assault upon us. To the topic I say no, and the logic that a faction floats so giving them a beneficial option when they remain unaffected by that option is silly. Reevaluation of WHY they float should come long before caches are on the table, to make it the same for every other faction as Alex so aptly put it but in the sense that it needs to take away from other opportunities in your army, which Alex omitted. Also I am not a fan of the ease a cache on s fuel protected by the Flak HQ will bring back Brit COH1 lockdown to a sector.

So to summerize, adjust costs (likely on Volks) to prevent the huge float this one and only faction has, so it will be a real long term decision. Secondly do not allow a cache on the sector the flak truck is on and I'd be game.

I await the napalm induced Alex assault #yolo #crazybear

I will say the statement that OKW wouldn't float if it had caches is the most thoughtless assessment on this thread, and I'm sure any high level player does not see caches as the appropriate solution to solve a viable factions beneficial man power float.

I already spelled out why OKW floats, it's a combination of the fact that you can't spend MP on support weapons (because there are 3 max you can build if you have the right doctrine) and the fact you can't spend any MP on tanks either because you don't have the fuel.

There isn't some weird secret to why OKW floats MP, it's clear as day. And adjusting the price on Volks would need to come with an increase in performance (which I assume you don't want).

Caches aren't a solution to the problem, merely, a way to helping alleviate it. But as I have said multiple times Opal trucks are a much better idea.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 19:18 PMJohnnyB
Wow, and what do i find here? A match between Oz and Alex? This I HAVE TO see. I generally disagree with Alex's opinions of course but it's always a pleasure seeing cocky super-players wannabe getting beaten by players that just because they are sustaining their own opinions with conviction are usually bullied on the internet because they refuse to agree with the rest of the world.

You should do this more often Alex. With some other guys, too. I have some nicknames in mind :).

The funniest things is that it was the first 1's game Iv ever played lol.
13 Apr 2015, 19:25 PM
Donator 33

Alex if you honestly believe enabling caches before adjusting the factions float regardless of your opinions on it being a team weapons issue only and not a core infantry cost issue your bonkers. Give OKW caches now, won't have to ask where the meta is headed.
13 Apr 2015, 19:31 PM

After watching some (10+) 4vs4 matches involving more then 3 Okw each time, i feel that they have still the upper hand over the other factions.

Using their flack trucks to defend one victory (or 2) points easily, they use that free time to gang-up and win on any others places on the map.

With fuel not as required because they can build now alot/only shreck and panzer füsilier squads and crush anything with it.

Adding cache to them will remove any need for an Ost teammate... and make the problem worst. They are so good that they make OST feel like a second rate army...

I would say that the OKW as a whole, are evenly stronger then before the last patch. I can't pin point exactly why, but they look/feel stronger in the beginning phase of the match.

Plz help me to understand.
13 Apr 2015, 19:36 PM

Permanently Banned
http://www.coh2.org/replay/33475/jadgtiger-bait-best-bait.

Ironically also the perfect example of why the MP float is so great, replacing entire armies all day every day.

EDIT: lol whining about me grouping up my infantry, of course. :snfBarton:

Dats cute

1v1 me :snfBarton:
13 Apr 2015, 19:55 PM

I already spelled out why OKW floats, it's a combination of the fact that you can't spend MP on support weapons (because there are 3 max you can build if you have the right doctrine) and the fact you can't spend any MP on tanks either because you don't have the fuel.

There isn't some weird secret to why OKW floats MP, it's clear as day. And adjusting the price on Volks would need to come with an increase in performance (which I assume you don't want).

Caches aren't a solution to the problem, merely, a way to helping alleviate it. But as I have said multiple times Opal trucks are a much better idea.

The funniest things is that it was the first 1's game Iv ever played lol.

It doesn't matter OKW floats manpower. Giving a way to reducing manpower income by neglecting resource penalty that was built in into the faction design it's not a way to fixing this.
As we all know OKW floats manpower, this is true, but conclusion we get from this fact is that OKW unit are simply performing very well.
I would say the reason for MP float is that reinforcement cost for basic units is too cheap to what they are able to achieve. Volks in particular, which doesn't make sens especially that Volks are almost equal Conscripts early game and exceeding them late.
To conclude as it has been pointed out by senior strategist here before, the way to fix OKW MP flood is to make reinforcement cost of some units more expensive not to allow them to transfer this MP flood into additional resources and making OKW even stronger.
Our game actually have highlighted how ridiculous this float is. I could have played better, I admit but that doesn't change a fact that every other faction struggles with replacing losses while OKW enjoys stable stream of Manpower.
13 Apr 2015, 20:03 PM

There are two single reasons why OKW floats.
1) Extremely cheap teching with no side costs.
2) Extremely cost efficient infantry always inflicting more casualties then taking them.

Unless you use the finest cheeze your faction have, you'll be putting yourself at disadvantage against OKW.

And last thing the game needs is more advantages for them.
13 Apr 2015, 20:16 PM

He won. I admit. I thought I got him at one point but shouldn't have gone after Jadgtiger. He blobs like crazy though.
GG in the end. 2 noobs fighting each other :). Replay attached

I'm more than willing to play against him again.

You have lost becasue you were outblobed. You cannot fight with 2 Shocks vs 7 squads blob (I wonder is those 7 squads were under one hotkey :drool: ), same like you cannot drop incendiary and then get into it with your own troops - that was epic :D

But against such blob and breakthrough (Jadgtiger), 120mm, Guards and T34/85 would be a better option than IS2 and Shocks.

And this is why Schwerer is bullshit. Make it on fuel point, create 7 squads blob to push your enemy's points and run around whole map without any thoughts about losing your own fuel.
13 Apr 2015, 20:24 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

13 Apr 2015, 20:41 PM

Of course, challenge me to 1v1 then shift the goal posts to try and justify it doesn't count. I had my troops split to 3 keys (You can see that I sent groups to flank multiple times to the left).

Look at the replay, I was floating an insanely huge amount of MP because I was almost at popcap only 20 minutes into the game. I got a Panther and then after that I didn't have the pop cap to make a Jadgtiger or KT.

And this is why Schwerer is bullshit. Make it on fuel point, create 7 squads blob to push your enemy's points and run around whole map without any thoughts about losing your own fuel.

He had 3 AT guns at one point, he could have easily taken care of the Schwer with the AT guns + the KV8, why didn't is a mystery to me. (Also why he suicide charged 2 IS2's and 2 KGV8's at a Panther + Jadgtiger)

To conclude as it has been pointed out by senior strategist here before, the way to fix OKW MP flood is to make reinforcement cost of some units more expensive not to allow them to transfer this MP flood into additional resources and making OKW even stronger.

Which would just destroy OKW's early game since they start with the least MP of any faction. Volks are fine, if you want to make them expensive then you would need to make them better.

Want to deal with the float? Give OKW the same options as the other factions for spending it. Support weapons, tanks, and dumps like Opal trucks.

Alex if you honestly believe enabling caches before adjusting the factions float regardless of your opinions on it being a team weapons issue only and not a core infantry cost issue your bonkers. Give OKW caches now, won't have to ask where the meta is headed.

Mmmm which is why I said Opal trucks are a better idea. OKW can already get benefits from caches in team games. The great apocalypse you describe has already come and gone.
13 Apr 2015, 20:47 PM

Oh and before I forget

I fought against it countless number of times.
There is nothing OKW player can do to stop me from getting behind Jadgtiger. Single tank behind it and it's a dead Jadgtiger. I can see however this unit working in 3v3 and above. To some extend 2v2.

But you know what? Please, prove me wrong, provide me one competent use of Jagdtiger in 1v1. Show me how to do it.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/33473/vs-alexzander

Turns out you had a replay of the Jadgtiger winning a game in your uploads all along!
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS