Login

russian armor

A letter to Relic COH2 Game balance team

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
8 Apr 2015, 18:17 PM
Donator 11

I always thought spearhead also increases turret rotation speed?

I still don't like the idea of increasing armor AND reducing costs.

Sorry, but how are my changes OP?

The "hollow charge" ability is useless. It's terribly inaccurate because it's barrage. I think it would be better if the le.IG fired those shells by auto-firing. It would actually hit something.

How is decreasing JT CP requirements to 12 and slightly reducing fuel costs OP? It's still the most expensive call-in (and also the latest with 12CPs).

Volks need 8 hits to kill a single soldier. After upgrading them they'd need 7 hits. OP?

Sturms with shrecks wouldn't be more OP than PGrens and Volks having Pzfausts is also nothing special. Are Grens OP because of having Pzfausts aswell?

some dude use "hollow charge" ability kill 2 of my med truck in my USF base.

JT is somthing USF and SOVIET cant counter. so it must be high price.

VG can mix with Fallschirmjäger Panzerfüsilier to stop the tanks.

also REKT43 got buff.
8 Apr 2015, 18:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 18:14 PMpugzii
This post has scared me more than anything I've read on here. The fact this guy is top on many factions and the fact that these kinda people are the guys who are on the relic internal balance forum, give advise to relic and do the alpha testing probably equates to why the games so fucked and stuff like truck pushing even existed in the first place.

Wait, top ten player got that way by using exploits, broke units, and troll tactics? In before the obligatory, "let the top players balance the game!" lol. It really is hard to forget the PQ / Brad stream when they both did the truck base rush crush trick like bosses when it was major.

#ESPORTS #EXCITED
8 Apr 2015, 18:18 PM

For someone so high ranked in the game, you have little understanding or regard for some of the core features and unit stats.

I am not going to lie, I physically cringed when I read this open letter.
8 Apr 2015, 18:32 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

While I agree with some things and disagree with others one thing gets to me. The truck pushing, if you are to take out truck pushing then the m10/t34 Crush should be gone too. Theoretically if a m10/t34 could crush so can almost every tank in the game. Complaining about the truck pushing but not infantry pushing is (to me) a bit hypocritical.

Okay when a t34 and 'M10(which cost resources)come out,there's Faust, mines, pak, and other tanks to prevent or punish it.

What can you do against truck push 1 minute into the game? Go WC51 and hope for the best every game??and screw yourself completely if you fail?

Soviets honestly shouldn't struggle with this if they go T1. But t2/con spam docs and Americans are boned if the guy had any
Skill.

It's a bit odd for you to ignore the big picture. Pushing as a mechanic is OKAY. Pushing 1 minute into the game with extremely limited counterplay and no risk is FAR from okay.
8 Apr 2015, 18:36 PM
Donator 33

some dude use "hollow charge" ability kill 2 of my med truck in my USF base.

JT is somthing USF and SOVIET cant counter. so it must be high price.

VG can mix with Fallschirmjäger Panzerfüsilier to stop the tanks.

also REKT43 got buff.

Your med truck would have been killed by a normal barrage as well, LOL!

I guess Elefant is something USF/Soviets can't counter then as well? JT would still be the most expensive call-in tank in-game and would still arrive later than any other tank apart from a Tiger Ace.

Panzerfusiler AT nades are crap and Falls bunch up like crazy when being ordered to Pfaust something = wiped pretty often.

RAK43 got buffed because it was a needed. That buff doesn't justify the lack of non-doctrinal vehicle snares.

Basic, cheap inf shouldn't have Shrecks. It's simply bad design and leads to balance issues.

Sturms are the right squad to have double shrecks. Just like PGrens they'd be fragile and expensive to replace and therefore couldn't be spammed like Volks while still being able to deal decent damage vs vehicles
8 Apr 2015, 18:38 PM
Donator 11

Okay when a t34 and 'M10(which cost resources)come out,there's Faust, mines, pak, and other tanks to prevent or punish it.

What can you do against truck push 1 minute into the game? Go WC51 and hope for the best every game??and screw yourself completely if you fail?

Soviets honestly shouldn't struggle with this if they go T1. But t2/con spam docs and Americans are boned if the guy had any
Skill.

It's a bit odd for you to ignore the big picture. Pushing as a mechanic is OKAY. Pushing 1 minute into the game with extremely limited counterplay and no risk is FAR from okay.

U dont have to do anything. more rifleman can deal with it.
8 Apr 2015, 18:41 PM
Donator 11

Your med truck would have been killed by a normal barrage as well, LOL!

I guess Elefant is something USF/Soviets can't counter then as well? JT would still be the most expensive call-in tank in-game and would still arrive later than any other tank apart from a Tiger Ace.

Panzerfusiler AT nades are crap and Falls bunch up like crazy when being ordered to Pfaust something = wiped pretty often.

RAK43 got buffed because it was a needed. That buff doesn't justify the lack of non-doctrinal vehicle snares.

Basic, cheap inf shouldn't have Shrecks. It's simply bad design and leads to balance issues.

Sturms are the right squad to have double shrecks. Just like PGrens they'd be fragile and expensive to replace and therefore couldn't be spammed like Volks while still being able to deal decent damage vs vehicles

JT is better than elefent.

And I think VG is ok then they got wipe by sherman HE or IS-2 or ISU 152 such.

and OKW cant wipe any unit that ez.
8 Apr 2015, 18:42 PM

U dont have to do anything. more rifleman can deal with it.

Spending MORE manpower to deal with a FREE unit.

When something is FREE, it shouldnt require manpower to defeat. Its fine as it has become now.

8 Apr 2015, 18:48 PM
Donator 11

Spending MORE manpower to deal with a FREE unit.

When something is FREE, it shouldnt require manpower to defeat. Its fine as it has become now.

anyone will train RIFLEMAN dont u think so?

also USF have call-in vet RIFLEMAN wihile no other faction can do so.
8 Apr 2015, 18:49 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 17:54 PMkamk
People push units around with all kinds of stuff. The problem, IMO, wasn't the pushing but more that the thing just didn't want to die.
SWS should die more easily if you face it with 2+ squads (further reduced armor), instead of moving in slow motion.
Well, just my 2 cents.

He does have some good adjustments overall, and i would love to argue about them, but in the end we know two things that will certainly happen:
1. fanboy wars
2. Relic doesn't care

:(

SWS Truck
Max speed has been reduced from 4.2 to 3.2
Armor has been reduced from 4 to 3
Wreck armor has been reduced from 25 to 4
SWS Wreck can now be killed by small arms fire

I perfer ARMOR set to 3.5 . 3 is too weak.
8 Apr 2015, 18:56 PM

Agreed on KT buff but 425 was fine before best move would be to revert this dumb nerf. I wan't Relic just to wake up OMG one patch half a year is not enough.
8 Apr 2015, 18:57 PM

anyone will train RIFLEMAN dont u think so?

also USF have call-in vet RIFLEMAN wihile no other faction can do so.

Yes, ill go Rifle Company every game this happens and forfeit all other commanders just to counter a free unit that somehow deters enemy infantry.

You want the truck to be a "tactic", wait for it to be a commander feature that forfeits other reasonable OKW commanders, Kappa.

The list of counters for the OKW truck is empty. Nothing should be required at all to counter something free. Players make riflemen, but it should never come to mind that they will have to stop a truck...
8 Apr 2015, 18:59 PM

Paul, you are a professional good player and everybody respect you, but truck pushing is broken bullshit.
8 Apr 2015, 19:05 PM

pretty sure what paul wants is just more ways to play the early game. right now the early game is very limited strategically what you can do as OKW. you only have the sturm kubel and volks to really work with. kubel can quickly become 240mp down the drain when the m20 or scout car comes, so you have to fall back on just sturms volks and maybe the mg34.
8 Apr 2015, 19:09 PM

http://www.coh2.org/topic/30352/quentin-okw-is-the-weakest-faction

not exactly unheard of for top players to have different views on balance.
8 Apr 2015, 19:11 PM

And why USF flames costs 70 muni? It's explodes more than OST and sov flamers and I can't see difference between these flamers.
8 Apr 2015, 19:14 PM

http://www.coh2.org/topic/30352/quentin-okw-is-the-weakest-faction

not exactly unheard of for top players to have different views on balance.

Well I wouldn't go as far as Quentin but IMHO only thing that needed the nerf was Shreck acc and recieved accuracy at lvl 5 of Volks. Rest of nerfs were just stupid.
8 Apr 2015, 19:16 PM
Donator 11

Fixing truck pushing was good.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak