Login

russian armor

The Tiger ace

6 Apr 2015, 17:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2015, 17:52 PMJoeH

This isnt right. USF wins early but falls of late. You either decide the game before he gets his Ace. If you think the Ace should be adjusted, so should USF early.

Nice sales pitch, its pretty :ot: though.

USF early game still has trade offs, which are quite a bit larger than the ones for the Tiger ace
6 Apr 2015, 17:57 PM
Admin Red  Badge

In 1v1: Usually players who use Tiger Ace charge in with PIVs and Tiger Ace as soon as it hits the field. They want to end the game due to heavy MP and Fuel penalty. If you manage to repel this decisive offensive you should be able to win by ease: Either your opponent lost his Ace or MP and fuel drain will induce his defeat on the long run. If not, you haven't prepared well enough. 15 CPs is more than enough time to prepare to be honest.

As far as I have experienced Tiger Ace isn't a problem for Soviets at all since Mark Target denies any heavy tank. Can't say much about USF because I haven't played them often enough. I think without choosing Air Force Company you will have a hard time though.

In 2v2+: No problem at all. You can prepare even more efficiently with team play.
6 Apr 2015, 18:05 PM

In 1v1: Usually players who use Tiger Ace charge in with PIVs and Tiger Ace as soon as it hits the field. They want to end the game due to heavy MP and Fuel penalty. If you manage to repel this decisive offensive you should be able to win by ease: Either your opponent lost his Ace or MP and fuel drain will induce his defeat on the long run. If not, you haven't prepared well enough. 15 CPs is more than enough time to prepare to be honest.

As far as I have experienced Tiger Ace isn't a problem for Soviets at all since Mark Target denies any heavy tank. Can't say much about USF because I haven't played them often enough. I think without choosing Air Force Company you will have a hard time though.

In 2v2+: No problem at all. You can prepare even more efficiently with team play.

Plenty of time to prepare by dumping manpower into AT guns while a standard Ostheer force with vetted grens slaughters your infantry?

Pretty easy to prepare I see.....

See this is one of those trade offs I'm suggesting that exist in the game for almost every unit in the game other than the Tiger Ace
6 Apr 2015, 18:06 PM

Normal Tiger: 1040 HP
Tiger Ace: 1280 HP

Also, as far as i know, it's a "vet 3 tiger" with increased vision and same DPS on MG as a Tiger with gunner on top.
Besides all that, the main problem is the "triple tap" or the IWinButton. Target weakpoint doesn't share cooldown with the main gun, this leads to 3 consecutive shots in a small intervale of time.

How you obtain the tank, is just badly design also. The income penalty doesn't start to hit till 10mins (for the cost of not spending fuel), so this tanks should be used to trade agressively or finish the game.

Note: this is not about the overall strenght of the commander rather than the badly designed TA.

TWP also still works with a critted TA turret... What a nice surprise that one game of mine was...

Soviet callin meta has little problem with it, and that one game of mine was before patch, in which USF Jacksons should have a much finer time with it now...

So at 15 CP, you are supposed to be able to counter it. Ostheer wouldnt be doing anything drastic as to cripple your ability to counter it before then...
6 Apr 2015, 18:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

TWP also still works with a critted TA turret... What a nice surprise that one game of mine was...

Thx, i forgot about that :D And this have been for way a long time, but as i've said previously, i think there are other more important issues to fix first (this doesnt invalidate the concern of this thread).
6 Apr 2015, 19:12 PM

If you can not beat the Tiger Ace then it is your own fault :guyokay: The Tiger Ace itself is a great tank but not a god and falls just as hard as the rest of the call ins. Furthermore, this commander requires skill to use for the Tiger itself is always late to the fight at 15cp. If you have allowed your opponent to gain 15cps faster than your P47s or IS2's then imho you have to iron out your strat because an IS2/P47s combined with (mines) ATguns/Jacksons/SU85s is a instant death sentence to a tank that has less front armor than the KT. This thread seems like someone is a bit butt hurt over a match. :snfBarton:
6 Apr 2015, 19:49 PM

If you can not beat the Tiger Ace then it is your own fault :guyokay: The Tiger Ace itself is a great tank but not a god and falls just as hard as the rest of the call ins. Furthermore, this commander requires skill to use for the Tiger itself is always late to the fight at 15cp. If you have allowed your opponent to gain 15cps faster than your P47s or IS2's then imho you have to iron out your strat because an IS2/P47s combined with (mines) ATguns/Jacksons/SU85s is a instant death sentence to a tank that has less front armor than the KT. This thread seems like someone is a bit butt hurt over a match. :snfBarton:

Seems like to you I should start cheating and playing 2v1s :facepalm:
6 Apr 2015, 20:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2015, 16:44 PMBurts

If the game is still going on at 15cp, the game is usually decided by then anyways. This commander falls short in the early, mid game and and that's why its not a meta commander like lightning war, CAS, or mechanized assault.

Not true, in a 1v1 that lasts an hour the tiger ace might become available as early as 25 minutes in. That was my experience yesterday in a game where I almost lost to an opponent with a tiger ace and 3 p4s on the field at one time. As the initial post pointed out, we were battling evenly before the ace hit the field but in order to keep up, I had to throw all of my resources into the fight while he didn't need to worry about saving fuel at all. I honestly wouldn't mind removing or slightly decreasing some of the ace's detriments if it costed fuel.
6 Apr 2015, 20:04 PM

Permanently Banned
"They don't call him an ace for nothing!"
6 Apr 2015, 20:04 PM

Seems like to you I should start cheating and playing 2v1s :facepalm:

Lel. All I am saying is that if you used this commander as much as I have its not as OP as you think. It provides a great end game offensive or defense but until that point you have to play a well coordinated, well thought out and flawless Ostheer game versus your opponent(s). (Granted in a 2v2,3v3,4v4 settings there is a little bit more leway). In the end the tank is not a god-like-tank. Now if the call in was a King Tiger Ace that would be a little much. So please stop with the crying about this unit, its not the same Ace that was initially launched.
6 Apr 2015, 20:07 PM

Plenty of time to prepare by dumping manpower into AT guns while a standard Ostheer force with vetted grens slaughters your infantry?

Pretty easy to prepare I see.....

See this is one of those trade offs I'm suggesting that exist in the game for almost every unit in the game other than the Tiger Ace

If he is dumping vet into gren's he wont be able to stall to 15cp. If he does off of only t2 you fucked up.
6 Apr 2015, 20:09 PM

I don't think anyone is arguing the strength of the unit. The issue is the fact that it costs no fuel so it can snowball an otherwise close game.

It has been mentioned elsewhere but the easiest fix for the TA would be to make it cost as much as a regular Tiger but in compensation remove the resource penalty. That way the advantage of the ability would be that you get a vet3 Tiger on steroids for the price of a regular Tiger while the disadvantage would be you only get one so you better damn well keep it alive.
6 Apr 2015, 20:12 PM

It has been mentioned elsewhere but the easiest fix for the TA would be to make it cost as much as a regular Tiger but in compensation remove the resource penalty. That way the advantage of the ability would be that you get a vet3 Tiger on steroids for the price of a regular Tiger while the disadvantage would be you only get one so you better damn well keep it alive.

In some respects that would be a rather large buff to TA. You would be able to support it with other tanks and replace said tanks.
6 Apr 2015, 20:13 PM
Patrion 14

Stun ability should me removed from Ace. Thats all I have to say. The MP cost and penalty are enough to call it in I think.
6 Apr 2015, 20:19 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

6 Apr 2015, 20:24 PM

Um flawless? You know you still have other useful Commander abilities and a great functioning non doc army. There are plenty of commanders you can win with using the non doc stuff. I don't see why you think playing Ostheer till 15 cp is some amazing feat and no other faction has to.

Come on and be real for a moment. The ostheer faction does great on its own. But it still has draw backs. This is not the case with the tiger ace.

Please enlighten me after you read my well supported claims how there are drawn backs to the tiger ace that justfies it.
6 Apr 2015, 20:30 PM

Come on and be real for a moment. The ostheer faction does great on its own.

1v1 stats says otherwise.

But it still has draw backs. This is not the case with the tiger ace.

I guess manpower being cut by 25% fuel by 90% and having to invest into at least 4+ pios so you
can stay repaired is 'no downside'

At the end of the day its just a vet 3 tiger. Throw down some mines its gg if it get engine crit and can't get away.
6 Apr 2015, 20:41 PM

Um flawless? You know you still have other useful Commander abilities and a great functioning non doc army. There are plenty of commanders you can win with using the non doc stuff. I don't see why you think playing Ostheer till 15 cp is some amazing feat and no other faction has to.

Come on and be real for a moment. The ostheer faction does great on its own. But it still has draw backs. This is not the case with the tiger ace.

Please enlighten me after you read my well supported claims how there are drawn backs to the tiger ace that justfies it.

Chill Your self mate. Look at the stats, look at tourny's. Ostheer is the weakest of the 4 factions and if you wish to contest that then you have invalidated all of your claims. Personally I love Ost and find it a more enjoyable faction thank OKW. That being said the Tiger Ace is neither a draw back to the faction nor a "I Get A Free WIN Card". Your well supported claims are not not well supported for you lack concrete statistical evidence as well as visual proof.
Please tell me what other Call in ability is unlocked at 15cp's? Furthermore the ManPower bleed of Ost is very high for Gren squads are equipped with 4 men compared to 5/6 man squads. Thus, the stats show that the likely hood of a gren model dieing are the exact same percentage of a 5/6man squad. Therefore, would it not be concluded that more Manpower is needed to bring a gren squad up to par to combat with a now 4/5 man allies squad.
Please come back after you have L2P. TA is nothing more than a Vet3 Tiger that hampers the Economy of a Faction that lives and dies on Manpower.
6 Apr 2015, 20:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'd say exactly what elchino7's said. The bonus health is weird and should go, the shoot-TWP-shoot combo is dumb, and the lack of a fuel cost is bad design. The unit aside from that is fine, and I'd be totally happy with reducing/removing the income reduction and/or reducing the manpower cost in return for fixing those things - those things are bad design rather than balance issues.
6 Apr 2015, 20:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2015, 20:43 PMVuther
I'd say exactly what elchino7's said. The bonus health is weird and should go, the shoot-TWP-shoot combo is dumb, and the lack of a fuel cost is bad design. The unit aside from that is fine, and I'd be totally happy with reducing/removing the income reduction and/or reducing the manpower cost in return for fixing those things - those things are bad design rather than balance issues.

There is a doctrine already with those fixes. Its called Spearhead or Lightning war.
Without those 'Bad design' features TA would never be used again would be switched out for more favorable doctrines.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★