Login

russian armor

Relic, let the community balance the game

7 Apr 2015, 01:31 AM
Patrion 28

If the community does such a good job why aren't there 5000 players playing cruzz's kappatch every day? I thing most people bitching about this game just do it because they think that they are so good at this game or they do it because some very good players do it.

because you have to find it in the workshop (most people don't know about it), install it, start a custom game advertising it, and then have other people who also have it installed be on at the same time and want to play with you.
7 Apr 2015, 01:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

because you have to find it in the workshop (most people don't know about it), install it, start a custom game advertising it, and then have other people who also have it installed be on at the same time and want to play with you.

Yeah, this forum? It's a tiny, tiny minority. By far, most players won't be bothering with the game enough to get somewhere like here and hear about the Kappatch. This is a pretty consistent rule with most games - you ain't ever gonna see the majority of its players even make a post on an official forum.
7 Apr 2015, 10:33 AM

That Sounds like an excuse for me!
This forum has 10000 members.
8 Apr 2015, 09:32 AM

CoH1 balanced? Yeah no. US vs. Wehrmacht might have been decent, even if it did revolve heavily around a sniper metagame, but the British and Panzer Elite factions were never balanced. Competitive players basically ignored those two armies.
8 Apr 2015, 13:56 PM

I think community balance mod would become popular if it had access to the player search and ELO tables. Custom games are a pain to arrange, it easier for people to search games and let the system seemly match similar skill levels for matches.
11 Apr 2015, 13:53 PM

I think community balance mod would become popular if it had access to the player search and ELO tables. Custom games are a pain to arrange, it easier for people to search games and let the system seemly match similar skill levels for matches.

That would be nice for all mods. It was possible in COH1, so I hope they can do the same for COH2
11 Apr 2015, 14:33 PM

CoH1 balanced? Yeah no. US vs. Wehrmacht might have been decent, even if it did revolve heavily around a sniper metagame, but the British and Panzer Elite factions were never balanced. Competitive players basically ignored those two armies.

It's because PE and brits were the worst things that happened to CoH1, USA vs WH matchup is pretty good, altho as you said, snipermeta can be pain in the ass
11 Apr 2015, 14:43 PM

People complain about soviet 2 men snipers. I think relic wanted to eliminate sniper meta, soviet snipers almost always win ostheer sniper, so no boring sniper wars. :snfBarton: 2000 posts congratulations :snfBarton::bananadance:
11 Apr 2015, 14:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 14:43 PMl4hti
People complain about soviet 2 men snipers. I think relic wanted to eliminate sniper meta, soviet snipers almost always win ostheer sniper, so no boring sniper wars. :snfBarton: 2000 posts congratulations :snfBarton::bananadance:

Only if camoflauge isn't utilised though.
11 Apr 2015, 17:16 PM

If only the balance people got to make changes in the first place.
Quinn fights with them all the time, and denies many of their suggestions, remember? ;)
11 Apr 2015, 17:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That Sounds like an excuse for me!
This forum has 10000 members.

And 1.6 million people bought the game. 10,000 members ain't even 1% of that. And surely not all of that 10,000 read and post on this forum very frequently.
11 Apr 2015, 23:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge

12 Apr 2015, 18:13 PM

"Relic, let the community balance the game"

*looks at steamforums*
*kneels down*
*starts to pray "Herr, lass diesen Kelch an mir vorüberziehen..."*
14 Apr 2015, 13:09 PM

i wonder if the "balance team" even notices the whole shitstorm about last patch and ever tried to play coh2? i mean, what happened: i see only blobs.. even worse blobs than coh1-brit times...
23 Apr 2015, 22:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2015, 21:33 PMI984

i would support this.

katitof has no idea.

He never got any idea same goes for Relic. Patch after patch they keep breaking the game QA at Relic is nonfunctional same with balance.

Stop fucking this game Relic since yours balance patches should be called unbalanced patches.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 9
Germany 0
Germany 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak