Login

russian armor

CAS needs adjusted

PAGES (8)down
4 Apr 2015, 16:05 PM
Donator 11

CAS the doctrine for Ost is currently over preforming in large team games 3v3's and 4v4's. The doctrin is hard to counter, hard to come back from, and hard to not have a game versing it. CAS comes with a stuka strafe that lets the team recon, redistribute resources , Stuka anti infantry strafe , Stuka Anti tank strafe , and the stuka dive bomb.

As of now, the redistribution resources acts like solviet industry but is an active ability rather than a forced toggle but, this is the least of the problems with this commander.

Stuka Anti infantry strafe is the start of it, for a high munitions cost, Ost players can insta pin a large group of infantry as well as kill support weapons and deny large areas of the map. This ability is hard to counter and makes comebacks hard as it acts as either a insta retreat or a easy way to rack up kills from German support guns.

Stuka anti tank strafe- This ability can wipe an multable tanks or take the is-2 down to a considerably low health, its hard to shoot down and hard to counter as it strafes the map once and deals a ton of damage in a short amount of time. Comparing this to the p47 is hard as the p47s are easy to take down and dont deal as much damage in such a short amount of time. The ability unlike the p47's can be avoided though its nearly impossible as the ability happens so fast compared to others.

The stuka dive bomb- Deny territory, bomb a retreating units at their base, or simply bomb an important howitzer. While the audio que is enough to make people move everything they own, the ability is impossible to counter, the fact that it can bomb your base as a cheese strat makes it particularly frustrating to play against.

All of this together makes for a very boring game playing as allies as there are very little things you can do as Ost can gain so much munitions and still be just as potent without tanks.

TLDR: Cool downs or costs need to be adjusted, Stuka dive bomb shouldn't be allowed to drop in HQ territory, and stuka Anti tank strafe needs a decrease in damage.

Let me know how you guys feel P.S sorry for bad grammer, typing on my phone
4 Apr 2015, 16:11 PM

With the B4 nerf I see no excuse for Stuka to hit base sectors.
4 Apr 2015, 16:14 PM

For me, this is the most disgusting commander in the game. It's everything that the CoH series shouldn't be.
4 Apr 2015, 16:30 PM

Fuel conversion means no or less tanks.

AI strafe aint much of a problem if you don't blobb, after all its just one pass.

AT strafe is powerful, yet it comes with red flares and gives you plenty time to move your tank.

The dive bomb can end a game if you manage to hit the blob. you can avoid this by not blobbing and not mass retreating.

4 Apr 2015, 16:31 PM

With the B4 nerf I see no excuse for Stuka to hit base sectors.

4 Apr 2015, 16:58 PM
Patrion 14

anti infantry strafe, if done right will AOE suppress surrounding units as far as 25m away. it's not a matter of blobbing or not.

anti tank strafe takes minimum of 4 seconds to about 6 seconds for its payload to hit. with tank's accelerations in mind, you have about 3-4 seconds to move your tank or anything like t34/76 will die most of the time. the trick is to move when they are reconing.

dive bomb completely nullifies ml20 and b4. which is kinda lame.

to not have any tanks literally means you have been spamming air strikes like motherf-er. its not hard to balance between these cheese strikes and getting tanks.

i think this commander's cheeseness start from 2v2, but it is defintely cheese in 3v3+
4 Apr 2015, 17:02 PM

I like the features of this commander. It is very unique. I think the counters need a buff before the abilities are nerfed.
4 Apr 2015, 17:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2015, 17:02 PMNapalm
I like the features of this commander. It is very unique. I think the counters need a buff before the abilities are nerfed.

With how AA and the commander works, you can't say 'its counters' as nothing in it is counterable at all.
AA is meant to deal with loitering planes, its completely useless against single passes.
4 Apr 2015, 17:10 PM

anti infantry strafe, if done right will AOE suppress surrounding units as far as 25m away. it's not a matter of blobbing or not.

anti tank strafe takes minimum of 4 seconds to about 6 seconds for its payload to hit. with tank's accelerations in mind, you have about 3-4 seconds to move your tank or anything like t34/76 will die most of the time. the trick is to move when they are reconing.

to not have any tanks literally means you have been spamming air strikes like motherf-er. its not hard to balance between these cheese strikes and getting tanks.

i think this commander's cheeseness start from 2v2, but it is defintely cheese in 3v3+

Countering the strafes and the divebomb is actually all about combat awareness and thus skill. So I totally understand that some less experienced and less active players have problems dealing with it. The doctrinal hardcounter meta considering static artillery and the doctrinal hardcounter meta in general are retatded, no question.

What I actually find more annoying with this commander is the amount of tellers, lmg grens, riflenades, shrekgrens etc. it comes with. nearly infinite ammo suply makes Ostheer really really strong.
4 Apr 2015, 17:36 PM

That's true but not always, it depends what map it is.

Rails and Metal (Steel? whatever...).
If you have for example Scott close to left/right edge of the map and OST player is using strafe so it comes from this close side, you have literally 2secs to move cause with 2,5-3s strafe starts hitting. And what does it mean? It means you just can get out unless you are fraking robot that will move Scott with the first red flare (there are 3 or 4 one by one). Undodgeable.
4 Apr 2015, 17:44 PM

Countering the strafes and the divebomb is actually all about combat awareness and thus skill.

You confused countering with avoiding.
4 Apr 2015, 18:03 PM

Remove recon plane.
4 Apr 2015, 18:11 PM

Give the USF Maj. a 100muni 25 fuel P51 CAP ability...
4 Apr 2015, 18:16 PM

You confused countering with avoiding.

No I didn't. Avoiding the strafes is the counter to this offmap reliant strategy.
4 Apr 2015, 18:21 PM

With how AA and the commander works, you can't say 'its counters' as nothing in it is counterable at all.
AA is meant to deal with loitering planes, its completely useless against single passes.

I know this silly. My proposed fix would be to allow the AA to fire offmap when the planes are being called in.
4 Apr 2015, 18:49 PM

I would argue that the anti-tank strafe is pretty useless. I use this doctrine a lot in 1v1s and I can't remember ever achieving more than forcing an enemy to move his vehicle to avoid it. It makes one pass and then leaves; it's easily avoided. Otherwise this doctrine is still quite risky in 1v1s so I think its fine. I could see it being a problem in team games though, but I don't have any insight there.
4 Apr 2015, 18:51 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2015, 18:21 PMNapalm

I know this silly. My proposed fix would be to allow the AA to fire offmap when the planes are being called in.

I would have to agree, Its hard for the usf halftrack to counter these attacks as they only have so much time to hit it. also shot blockers are hard to tell if they are existent or not when in AA mode
4 Apr 2015, 18:56 PM

In 4v4 you get 2 going CAS and never lose. These strong abilities like the AT strafe and stuka bombstrikes are supposed to be aiding your forces and come with a hefty price tag as a reason for this.
With the conversion it negates any issue with costs and you can use the abilities as your core gameplay.

Personally I would like to see all abilities that make changes to income and experience to be removed from the game. It is counter to the game and just makes for an abnormal spamfest. (4s are a spamfest to begin with)
4 Apr 2015, 18:57 PM

Disagree with changing AA mechanics. That isn't the issue the issue is the abilities being spamable due to the fuel-muni conversion.
4 Apr 2015, 19:09 PM

Thing is, i recently tried the OKW AA, that thing got vet 3 by just standing around and immediately as the planes closed in it shoot down the P-47´s! If the allied AA´s would work the same, planes wouldnt be so Overpowered :)
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS