Login

russian armor

PTRS now OP?

PAGES (37)down
11 Apr 2015, 17:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 17:30 PMKatitof

Ever tried to keep the officer at back? You know, like all the skilled officer users that actually know how to play the game do?

Its not like, I don't know, he needs to actually kill for amazing vet or something.

I don't think you understand how the Offizer works. The buff he gives to fellow units is a lot smaller than you think; only around 11% accuracy which is not worth your units being forced retreated often since every good player will ALWAYS focus on the Sturm Offizer when they see it.

This "know how to play the game" thing coming from you is extremely quaint when you have less than 5 games as OKW in 2's lol, and only 5 outa placement in 1's.

Don't comment on the mechanics of things when you don't play the game, friend.
11 Apr 2015, 19:50 PM

I don't think you understand how the Offizer works. The buff he gives to fellow units is a lot smaller than you think; only around 11% accuracy which is not worth your units being forced retreated often since every good player will ALWAYS focus on the Sturm Offizer when they see it.

This "know how to play the game" thing coming from you is extremely quaint when you have less than 5 games as OKW in 2's lol, and only 5 outa placement in 1's.

Don't comment on the mechanics of things when you don't play the game, friend.

Just keep him behind. My God, seriously.
I may have few games as OKW but definitely know how to utilize this army. Didn't play them last patch as they were dirt cheap OP faction.
Besides if you doubt my skill we can always play 1v1 against each other.
11 Apr 2015, 19:56 PM

I don't think ive ever seen a a skilled user use the sturm officer :D

I did.
Mr. blobberino after my 3rd successful forced retreat on him kept his officer in the back and since I had tank hunters doctrine at the time there was not much I could do against all the pfusiliers and shreckvolks.
Still lose the game as you can't really stop that blob without doctrinal assistance, but at least I one shot his KT with T34/76. Driving on ice made him one King Submarine.

Relic plox negative zeal :guyokay:
11 Apr 2015, 20:15 PM

The buff from the Officer does actually feel very sizeable and I do actually think you should keep him at back, at least in bigger fights. When it is safe he can also shoot around himself a bit, but you shouldn't put him in front when you are in big blob fights because then you automatically lose.
11 Apr 2015, 20:17 PM

Just keep him behind. My God, seriously.
I may have few games as OKW but definitely know how to utilize this army. Didn't play them last patch as they were dirt cheap OP faction.
Besides if you doubt my skill we can always play 1v1 against each other.

Yes keep him behind, enemies only come from 1 direction don't yah know? The Sturmoffizer has 80 health just like any other infantry unit in the game, he's vulnerable to snipes by design.

If you have very few games as OKW then you should play more to hash out how the faction plays, because the Sturmoffizer is the mark of noobs who blob like crazy and or people who don't understand that the buffs he gives are not worth being force retreated even once.

Would much rather spend that MP on something more useful like more Fuss or Volks than a unit that does more harm than good, instead of having to baby sit it for a negligible bonus I can actually focus on important things.

TLDR: Offizer is RNG dependent unit, of which I am not a big fan.
11 Apr 2015, 20:50 PM

Yes keep him behind, enemies only come from 1 direction don't yah know? The Sturmoffizer has 80 health just like any other infantry unit in the game, he's vulnerable to snipes by design.

If you have very few games as OKW then you should play more to hash out how the faction plays, because the Sturmoffizer is the mark of noobs who blob like crazy and or people who don't understand that the buffs he gives are not worth being force retreated even once.

Would much rather spend that MP on something more useful like more Fuss or Volks than a unit that does more harm than good, instead of having to baby sit it for a negligible bonus I can actually focus on important things.

TLDR: Offizer is RNG dependent unit, of which I am not a big fan.

He's not rng dependent. You keep him behind and you get constant 11% which is a lot in this game. It works on your team mates as well. All you need is a bit of micro.
11 Apr 2015, 21:02 PM

Permanently Banned
Meh, few games I play as okw, the sturm offizier is pretty effective. 2 fussiliers 2 volks +sturm pio is all you need in turms of infantry. Keep officer behind these units and then you can create a pretty good defensive or offensive line. Its well balanced and doesn't bleed you very hard cuz no obers. I don't recommend jagdtigers though. Just go panthers.

Most players I see use this put officer at front though. Easy to counter if you are in range of officer. Snipers hardcounter this though. Pfussiliers are also good vs snipers though.
11 Apr 2015, 23:39 PM

I always find it hilarious how all posts after about the 100th one are always completely off topic :D
12 Apr 2015, 00:14 AM

how does the sturmoffizer and the light support gun work? Do the gun receive the accuracy buff and is it even worth it ?Maybe in team games with a mortar nearby?
12 Apr 2015, 00:31 AM

how does the sturmoffizer and the light support gun work? Do the gun receive the accuracy buff and is it even worth it ?Maybe in team games with a mortar nearby?

The ISG doesn't get more accurate from a Sturmoffizer, the only officer in the game capable of increasing the accuracy or range of a artillery piece is the AFO with bulletins.
12 Apr 2015, 00:41 AM

Are we talking about officers now?
12 Apr 2015, 01:00 AM
Donator 11

as OKW against ptrs cons blob: LeIG and IR HT. At least in 2v2. If you play fortification get some smines and MGs/Raketens. if it works out well get a stuka or a second leig. second leig is awesome if they are shelling the blob its insta suppressed. move sturmpios and you are fine.
12 Apr 2015, 02:37 AM

I don't think ive ever seen a a skilled user use the sturm officer :D

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 19:56 PMKatitof

I did.
Mr. blobberino after my 3rd successful forced retreat on him kept his officer in the back and since I had tank hunters doctrine at the time there was not much I could do against all the pfusiliers and shreckvolks.
Still lose the game as you can't really stop that blob without doctrinal assistance, but at least I one shot his KT with T34/76. Driving on ice made him one King Submarine.

Relic plox negative zeal :guyokay:

He was a SKILLED PLAYER, and he drove his KT on ice for ya?!! :) :megusta:

you may consider revising your standards of a skilled player.
12 Apr 2015, 03:17 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2015, 02:37 AMAladdin

Well, none of us would drive our tanks on the ice unless it couldn't be helped. Perhaps it couldn't be helped?
12 Apr 2015, 09:27 AM

I don't know the exact details but I'm pretty sure OKW Officer buffs every support teams nearby. It had something to do with ISG rate of fire? Relic nerfed that in one of the early WA patches.
12 Apr 2015, 09:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2015, 02:37 AMAladdin

His blob was pushing me all the time and he kidna had to to def his base which I decided to raid to bait his KT off the map. I hit him on my retreat accidentally.
12 Apr 2015, 11:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2015, 09:38 AMKatitof

His blob was pushing me all the time and he kidna had to to def his base which I decided to raid to bait his KT off the map. I hit him on my retreat accidentally.

NOTHING justifies driving ur heavy tank on ice, when enemy is around. (As for someone to be called skilled player).
12 Apr 2015, 12:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2015, 11:53 AMAladdin

NOTHING justifies driving ur heavy tank on ice, when enemy is around. (As for someone to be called skilled player).

Unless your oppnent is trying to blow up your base trucks and unless you have teleport device, you won't reach him in time if you won't cross the river herp derp.

Even Jesulin can't build a bridge and would need to go over ice on that one new 1v1 winter community map. Bystra Voda.

So you can't really say that. Had I not attempted retreat, he'd wreck me up with his KT, I had my tank in ideal place and ideal time by accident.
12 Apr 2015, 13:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2015, 12:02 PMKatitof

Unless your oppnent is trying to blow up your base trucks and unless you have teleport device, you won't reach him in time if you won't cross the river herp derp.

Even Jesulin can't build a bridge and would need to go over ice on that one new 1v1 winter community map. Bystra Voda.

So you can't really say that. Had I not attempted retreat, he'd wreck me up with his KT, I had my tank in ideal place and ideal time by accident.

ok man, he was a pro! and u2 ;)
12 Apr 2015, 13:11 PM

Katitof, I love how the enemy makes one mistake during the match and then somehow you're the bad guy/notpro.

This forum sometimes...
PAGES (37)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight