Login

russian armor

PTRS now OP?

PAGES (37)down
5 Apr 2015, 20:17 PM

'A large number of squads with anti-material rifles are capable of destroying my thin metal objects'

Gee gosh golly.

I'll say it as many times as is needed. That many MP and MU from any nation will wipe a single MG unless spent on nothing but rear echelon with sweepers. There is nothing unique here except the weapon involved.

The PTRS is a heavy weapon with no small arms profile, and fires at infantryman height, so hits the MG/PaK/Mortar instead of the crew a lot. Just remember to watch both HP bars if there's lots of them around. You can't hit a packing up/carried MG, so you have your full crew HP pool to retreat on.

If your gun does blow up, good job, your opponent can't use his cheap ass con swarm to man it and point it at your face, resource denied to the enemy.

As far as blob effectiveness goes, it still can't fire on the move and has lower DPS than most alternatives to it. Yes, the alpha on a lucky roll is higher, but once that's done they're on the back foot every other step of the engagement.

The number of times in MP games I've now seen axis players casually walk up to cons behind green cover, used to being pretty much immune to even the hint of damage from such a god awful unit at medium range, only to have to run away because they stood around trying to win the firefight. It's honestly shocking. Adjust your play, guys. If a con squad tried that against grens -ever- it would lose horribly, the same is now also true the other way.
5 Apr 2015, 20:20 PM

come on guys, PTRS is a bit too broken when it can smack down MGs like that... I tried it, it happens consistently. Even 3 squads with PTRS was enough to kill an enemy HMG team!

I mean - They got supressed, but they ignored that suppression (The PTRS guys) and still hit the HMG in 2 volleys. And it was just destroyed instantly!
5 Apr 2015, 20:24 PM

I mean - They got supressed, but they ignored that suppression (The PTRS guys) and still hit the HMG in 2 volleys. And it was just destroyed instantly!

No squad is incapable of firing while suppressed. They obeyed the suppression perfectly.

Good luck and small scatter combined to land a lot of hits on the weapon in question. Remember; any time a con rolls a hit with a PTRS, it lands on a crew member regardless of things between shot and target.
5 Apr 2015, 20:29 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Posts with flaming intent/offensive content invised, as well as follow-ups, citing the same. Some innocents have got caught in the cross-fire: Sorry! :(

Intermission over

Please keep it clean? :)

5 Apr 2015, 21:25 PM

Cheese and bullshit > skill.

Yeah it's so unfair. We all know you lose because you are too skilled for this game. How dares Relic make a game that doesn't reward your skill?

Stop being a scrub. The game is the game and whoever plays it best wins. Things should be changed for a better experience, I agree, but the best will Always win. Know that.
5 Apr 2015, 21:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yeah it's so unfair. We all know you lose because you are too skilled for this game. How dares Relic make a game that doesn't reward your skill?

He's rank 12 in Soviet 2v2 from PTRS Con spam at this point, so I doubt he was implying that.
5 Apr 2015, 21:40 PM

Not op, broken is the correct word.
5 Apr 2015, 21:44 PM

Stop being a scrub. The game is the game and whoever plays it best wins. Things should be changed for a better experience, I agree, but the best will Always win. Know that.

That is simply not true. You can play much better but get F-ed in the arse by bad RNG, or simple lose because of the huge difference in effectiveness between commanders. You can beat a better player than you when you use, for example, Mechanized Assault vs his Partisan Tactics.
5 Apr 2015, 21:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2015, 21:40 PMofield
Not op, broken is the correct word.

For sure.

Still hope it can be fixed while not messing up Guards being actual good now for first time in ever.
5 Apr 2015, 21:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2015, 21:37 PMVuther

He's rank 12 in Soviet 2v2 from PTRS Con spam at this point, so I doubt he was implying that.

Yes it's not a perfect example, I agree. It would've been if the other side could've built PTRS cons as well. And then the most skilled PTRS cons player would've won (if it is THAT op, haven't tried it yet). I doubt nothing can be done about it though. Then the opposition should be doing that.

Like I wrote, I wish for balance changes as well, but the recurring attitude sticks in my eyes. Because the state of the game is the state of the game and whoever playes the best wins.
5 Apr 2015, 21:48 PM

Permanently Banned

Cheese and bullshit > skill.

Pre-patch OKW > Skill
5 Apr 2015, 22:10 PM

They are OP, thats for sure. Dunno what relic was think about when they buffed this so hard.

Is it even possible to lose with soviet now?
5 Apr 2015, 22:17 PM

No squad is incapable of firing while suppressed. They obeyed the suppression perfectly.

Good luck and small scatter combined to land a lot of hits on the weapon in question. Remember; any time a con rolls a hit with a PTRS, it lands on a crew member regardless of things between shot and target.

It has nothing to do with luck, the PTRS is incapable of missing the gun due to it's size. The change made it so it would never ever miss vehicles, and now it never misses, unfortunately Relic didn't think of the implications this would have on weapons teams.
5 Apr 2015, 22:21 PM

Posts with flaming intent/offensive content invised, as well as follow-ups, citing the same. Some innocents have got caught in the cross-fire: Sorry! :(

Intermission over

Please keep it clean? :)

Sorry for the flame.
Thank for doing a good job.
:)
5 Apr 2015, 22:26 PM
Honorary Member Badge

'A large number of squads with anti-material rifles are capable of destroying my thin metal objects'

Gee gosh golly.

I'll say it as many times as is needed. That many MP and MU from any nation will wipe a single MG unless spent on nothing but rear echelon with sweepers. There is nothing unique here except the weapon involved.

Exactly
5 Apr 2015, 22:32 PM

This issue here isn't MG's dying, it's that the PTRS Con blob can kill them instantly. As in little delay or warning. Not to mention the rest of the crew weapons fare no better.
5 Apr 2015, 22:44 PM

This issue here isn't MG's dying, it's that the PTRS Con blob can kill them instantly. As in little delay or warning. Not to mention the rest of the crew weapons fare no better.

No different to the OKW walking three obers into a maxim squad, which instantly dies, and even if you mash retreat they keep cycling picking the gun up and then the OKW player gets 5 free fuel (and possibly 15 muni)

Massive infantry arriving at a single MG ruin it, period.
5 Apr 2015, 23:15 PM
Donator 33

Seriously, spending ammo on units doesn't (or at least shouldn't) mean that they become immune to their supposed hardcounter.

If you blob and run into an HMG AND YOU DON'T STOP to blob those squads shouldn't win without any action from the player.

Unfortunately, PTRS allow players to do exactly that. Blob, run into HMGs and destroy them without any effort.

4 squads of anything (except Obers) running into an M2HB in green cover will also get suppressed. The difference is that you still need to use nades or try to move your squads out of the firing zone. You still have to do something.

I found out that 4 Obers will wipe any HMG in green cover within seconds. Suppression should have a stronger negative effect on accuracy IMO. Suppression should also reduce range of grenades by ~50% (or completely disable them?).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The best thing to balance PTRS would probably be to revert the accuracy buff and increase penetration instead so that PTRS feel more like AT weapons.

It makes me laugh when I read the patch notes and see how Relic intended to "encourage combined arms" and "reduce the effectiveness of blobbing". They did quite the opposite.
PAGES (37)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

South Africa 5
Germany 24

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak