Login

russian armor

PTRS now OP?

PAGES (37)down
3 Apr 2015, 12:53 PM

^ Guards can merged without negative effect, dude.

So? Merge is a core part of the soviet faction design. Everything but shock troops can be merged without negative effect. For a well micored player the maximum reinforcement cost of any unit that isn't shocks is always going to be 20.

If you invest heavily guards and keep them all reinforced with one con squad you played the soviet faction design well, good job, A+ work.

They still take up more pop cap than conscripts, which is what distinguishes having one rather than the other. MP income and space for other stuff.
3 Apr 2015, 13:02 PM

just to let people know, conscripts do not receive 3 PTRS rifles when you buy the package, they receive 2
3 Apr 2015, 13:17 PM

God I cant wait till they finally buff the SU76! Thats the last unit OP thread to complete my collection!
3 Apr 2015, 13:20 PM

I didn't noticed that PTRS are OP, maybe because I'm not playing 1v1 :unsure:

God I cant wait till they finally buff the SU76! Thats the last unit OP thread to complete my collection!

Where did you collect Partisan OP thread? Must have been a rare find :clap:

Well, there are still irregulars and M-42 "AT" gun.
3 Apr 2015, 13:27 PM
Donator 11

I didn't noticed that PTRS are OP, maybe because I'm not playing 1v1 :unsure:

I am playing mostly 1 vs 1 automatch and PTRS is not OP at all.

As proof I have uploaded a replay where I spammed 7 cons all with PTRS upgrade and no single HMG nor AT gun was destroyed with PTRS fire.

So all those comments on PTRS one-shoting AT guns and HMGs are complete nonsense.
Neo
3 Apr 2015, 13:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 12:20 PMBurts

Quoted from the official forums

Cynthia_RE

From the design team:

The PTRS Rifle had extremely poor accuracy. This is not a problem vs Vehicles because Vehicles have a huge size multiplier and is hard to miss but it was a poor option vs Infantry. To remedy that, we brought up the accuracy of the PTRS Rifle so it can still be a competitive option vs Infantry and have the capability to counter light armored vehicles.

This also effects the PTRS that irregulars, partisans, and conscripts can get.

Hope this clears some things up

Working as intended.

I read that post. Happy with the response but I think next patch we'll see a PTRS nerf :)
3 Apr 2015, 13:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 12:20 PMBurts

Working as intended.

Working as infuckintended? LOL, Relic ideas make me sometimes wanna ask them what did they actually smoke out there?
3 Apr 2015, 14:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 13:20 PMSeeker

Where did you collect Partisan OP thread? Must have been a rare find :clap:

When it came out. MAP HACK AND THEY KILL ALL MY SUPPORT TEAMS! It was a rare event driven item...
3 Apr 2015, 14:07 PM

Translation

The Tank Hunter tactic commander had a very low purchased number,In order to attract players buying it we decided to turn PTRS into anti-everything, assuming profit of this particular DLC will increased by 1000%.

Working as intended TM.

That is very true!! very smart by Relic! :) how much money they can make out of this patch this way! :D

let me predict, in the next patch they will probably give the strumtroopers of the "Encirclement doc" 4 IR-stg-44s :) with a huge buff, and everyone would buy that! :) ;)
3 Apr 2015, 14:56 PM

I played against this strategy, no problem handling this. Assault Support pins everything down, my MG did not die as well. PTRS are fine even vs P4.
3 Apr 2015, 15:48 PM

LOL, I proved it myself.

4 PTRS cons blob head on into MG42, they are suppressed of course, but MG42 destroyed in 5 seconds.

Trolololol Lelic
3 Apr 2015, 15:57 PM

LOL, I proved it myself.

4 PTRS cons blob head on into MG42, they are suppressed of course, but MG42 destroyed in 5 seconds.

Trolololol Lelic

That's all suppression is, It doesn't prevent them from shooting. Of course 24 models are going to take out 4 models.
3 Apr 2015, 16:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 15:57 PMagse10

That's all suppression is, It doesn't prevent them from shooting. Of course 24 models are going to take out 4 models.

I think he meant the HMG42 gun, not the squad.
3 Apr 2015, 16:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 16:00 PMVuther

I think he meant the HMG42 gun, not the squad.

Doesn't really matter either way

It's 960MP and 200MU pointing directly at one 240MP support weapon.

Gonna get blammed, bro.

Axis get to ober wipe MG's with firepower, Americans get to do the same for twice the price, soviets get to blow the gun apart. Welcome to 'vastly superior firepower is going to beat one MG, oh no'
3 Apr 2015, 16:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 15:57 PMagse10

PTRS was also known as an anti-material rifle for knocking out cover and enemy team weapons. Perhaps relic just wanted to open up the weapons utility as well.

It has never been great at AT, best you can hope for is to catch a light vehicle (I'm talking 222 here) and take it out in conjunction with button. Or sometimes to help slow an enemy tanks escape.

Now Relic have added in it's AI and anti-material ability. Not only can you hit the infantry, those team weapons better be careful of guards and make sure they are repaired before going in to battle (grey bar underneath the hp bar, remember Relic added this in for a reason).

How many of the replays showing team weapons popping without repairing the team weapon after battle do you want to bet are given as examples here?
3 Apr 2015, 16:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Gonna get blammed, bro.

Axis get to ober wipe MG's with firepower, Americans get to do the same for twice the price, soviets get to blow the gun apart. Welcome to 'vastly superior firepower is going to beat one MG, oh no'

I'd still think there's a bit of disparity there, because you can actually hope to retreat from other blobs and maaaaayyyyybbbbbbeeeeeeee have the crew survive by a hair. The Con PTRS spam I hear about definitely can't miss the heavy weapons with how accuracy works and have Oorah! to further doom it, while retreating makes the retreating weapon team faster than their other potential blob pursuers.

I'd definitely doubt it's an issue on Guards though.
3 Apr 2015, 16:19 PM

Gonna get blammed, bro.

4 lmg grens won't also destroy any team weapon, yet the ptrs does? It's a dedicated anti tank weapon. With this patch the purpose completely changed.
3 Apr 2015, 16:20 PM

Gonna get blammed, bro.

FFS, stop using this 960MP and 200MU bullshit theory at COH, it can be applied in other RTS but not COH.
You use 4000 MP of Ober cannot kill a single T70.

Frontal blob assault on HMG should never be able to succeed, period.
PAGES (37)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS