Login

russian armor

PTRS now OP?

PAGES (37)down
2 Apr 2015, 01:19 AM

This was another smart change.

The SU had no long range unit. And also when your opponent goes with tuards, he won't have IS2 and won't be able to rain down fire on your paks. Thank god.
2 Apr 2015, 01:22 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Wait for my Custom Commander

Guards

Repair Station

Recon

IS2

Bomb Strike
2 Apr 2015, 01:24 AM

Just adjust priority, so PTRS would target the crew first, not weapon itself
2 Apr 2015, 01:24 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Testing this...ive found Con blobs can do this consistently even if the weapon is in a building.

3+ Con squads were suppressed firing at MG42 in building and destroyed the gun and killed the whole crew in the building. How does stuff like this get past testing? Or do they test at all?
2 Apr 2015, 01:39 AM

Yes, the thread only about CONS PTRS Tank Hunter Doctrin which is op like hell.Most allied fanboys that want not be Touched their guards, cant read and Spam some Shit in here.
Learn read guys, Learn read..
And Why move this thread to Lobby, is this a Joke?
2 Apr 2015, 01:39 AM

Testing this...ive found Con blobs can do this consistently even if the weapon is in a building.

3+ Con squads were suppressed firing at MG42 in building and destroyed the gun and killed the whole crew in the building. How does stuff like this get past testing? Or do they test at all?

Oh man... So this confirms it? Can we call PTRS game breaking? Gotta make a video and send it to relic. Seriously, the management should consider warning the QA team or something. They are damaging Relic's already "not so well" reputation.

Things like this, or other bugs on maps (units get stuck, salvagable wrecks etc) can be identified in 2 or 3 games, maybe even less.
2 Apr 2015, 02:55 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2015, 01:39 AMRMMLz

Oh man... So this confirms it? Can we call PTRS game breaking? Gotta make a video and send it to relic. Seriously, the management should consider warning the QA team or something. They are damaging Relic's already "not so well" reputation.

Things like this, or other bugs on maps (units get stuck, salvagable wrecks etc) can be identified in 2 or 3 games, maybe even less.

It took one 5 minute session for me to figure this out. Pathetic tbh
2 Apr 2015, 03:19 AM

They are busy on something else. Not hard to understand eh?
2 Apr 2015, 03:39 AM

Kappa Kappa Kappa
2 Apr 2015, 04:02 AM

color me surprised.
i didnt know that conscript PTRS are on the same level as guards PTRS. Didnt Relic implement some kind of accuracy modifier penalty for pickup weapons based on the cost of the infantry.

conscript ppsh /= shocks ppsh
nee
2 Apr 2015, 04:21 AM

SVTs would make no sense. DPs are long range, mosins are long range, PTRSs are at least theoretically long range, why would you put mid-short range rifle into it?
I didn't know SVTs were mid-range. However, Guards being long-range only brings up the question of why they have frag grenades...and Button being very short in range.
2 Apr 2015, 04:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2015, 04:02 AMy3ivan
color me surprised.
i didnt know that conscript PTRS are on the same level as guards PTRS. Didnt Relic implement some kind of accuracy modifier penalty for pickup weapons based on the cost of the infantry.

conscript ppsh /= shocks ppsh

conscript ppsh and shock ppsh not same weapon data (Shock better than con )

-------------
PTRS problem for set weapon data is it pick-up weapon
2 choice for suggestion
1 incense upgrade cost form 50 mun to more and up guards Troops mp cost too
2 build another ptrs weapon stats like LMG weapon function when pick by Paratroops or ober
2 Apr 2015, 05:29 AM

The ptrs are so good I actually pick them up from the ground now. :)
2 Apr 2015, 06:02 AM

PTRS are just decent now. I think this patch has improved balance quite a lot.
Before patch nobody would use guard commanders anymore and now soviets actually have 1 long range unit that can actually do some decent dps. Besides that they still die relatively easy and have the nasty ability to clump up really close making them very vulnerable to all types of indirect fire and grenades.

Concerning the conscripts with PTRS I can imagine them being a little OP but it is just one niche commander. I didn't face enough yet to really see the consequences.

I also really like the small leIG and pack howitzer buffs providing some suppression.
2 Apr 2015, 09:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2015, 23:27 PMnee
And all they had to do was give Guards SVTs.

Which would fix nothing as PTRS would still be shit.
But hey, I have great idea for fixing shrecks!
Lets give volks G43s!
So, that helps how again?
nee
2 Apr 2015, 09:42 AM

Lets give volks G43s!
If it's Guards that's the problem then that helps. If PTRS was the problem, then Relic should have said it's for PTRS, not Guards. And PTRS is for what exactly? Super rifles or AT Rifles?
2 Apr 2015, 09:55 AM

PTRS is right now 50AI/50AT what is kinda good since it's shit AT.
Guards are fine. Problem are Cons. They should not have same accuracy like Guards.
PTRS, like other AT rifles, is highly presicion weapon with great velocity so it's quite useful in taking down soldiers. Although, like I said, cons with PTRS should be much weaker than Guards.
2 Apr 2015, 10:13 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2015, 04:21 AMnee
I didn't know SVTs were mid-range. However, Guards being long-range only brings up the question of why they have frag grenades...and Button being very short in range.

Guards have granades for exact same reason volks have grenades: to defend against close range squads. And as for button the ability would be OP if it was long range, also it's kind of realistic as they have to aim peep holes of tank that are small, its impossible on close range. And if you remember bren troops from vcoh brits they also were long range lmg squad and their button was also quite short in range.
2 Apr 2015, 10:15 AM
Donator 33

Lets give volks G43s!

That would actually fix quite much.

Give Volks Pzfauts and an AI upgrade instead of shrecks and you wouldn't need call-in inf or Obers all the time you want some AI in form of infantry.

Shrecks could then be given to Sturms.

2 Apr 2015, 10:31 AM

PTRS is right now 50AI/50AT what is kinda good since it's shit AT.
Guards are fine. Problem are Cons. They should not have same accuracy like Guards.
PTRS, like other AT rifles, is highly presicion weapon with great velocity so it's quite useful in taking down soldiers. Although, like I said, cons with PTRS should be much weaker than Guards.

it mean other commander if conscripts pick-up PTRS form falling guard acc stats will same conscript in Tank hunter commander ?
increase upgrade cost will be better way?
PAGES (37)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS