Login

russian armor

A little love for relic.

1 Apr 2015, 00:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 20:35 PMGdot
Now I know we haven't tested this patch but there are a few things I do like already.

• Seemed to be community driven.
  • Changes aren't overwhelming. (hopefully more frequently though)
  • New maps/community maps

well done from this guy.

I'm with the Dot on this one.
1 Apr 2015, 00:05 AM
Honorary Member Badge

And then people wonder why I have a bad attitude towards "Elite" 1v1 players
1 Apr 2015, 00:09 AM

And then people wonder why I have a bad attitude towards "Elite" 1v1 players

You have a bad attitude toward almost everyone so...
1 Apr 2015, 00:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 22:56 PMInverse
Looking at it as an outsider, I see (almost) exclusively balance changes to a game whose balance has never been its primary issue. It just seems like after all the time and hype for this patch, there needed to be something a little more. It'll freshen things up for a few months, no doubt, but the game's core issues remain untouched, and people will be back to complaining once the meta settles down.

It's also hilarious how people (the vast majority of whom are overwhelmingly mediocre at the game) are suddenly experts able to analyze the balance changes before they've even played them. But that ignorance has traditionally been one of the CoH community's greatest strengths. By which I mean, above all else, it's the one thing this community is truly good at.

I meant in the way they formulated and structured this patch, not necessarily the 'fine' details. Small patches are the way to go, they just need to increase the frequency of it. And thank you for calling me mediocre, im flattered. :wub:
1 Apr 2015, 00:14 AM
Coder Red Badge

Boy, you people sure do offend easily. It just strikes me as rather narcissistic and delusional to assume you understand high-level play without being able to compete at a high level. It's possible, sure, but extremely rare.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2015, 00:12 AMGdot

I meant in the way they formulated and structured this patch, not necessarily the 'fine' details. Small patches are the way to go, they just need to increase the frequency of it. And thank you for calling me mediocre, im flattered. :wub:

Agreed, small patches are the way to go, but that approach requires rapid updating, and Relic is traditionally terrible at iterating quickly. I can't comment on the efficacy of the balance changes, of course, but it worries me that it's only balance changes that are being made, since balance has always been secondary to the game's more fundamental issues.
1 Apr 2015, 00:15 AM
Honorary Member Badge

You have a bad attitude toward almost everyone so...

1 Apr 2015, 00:17 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Boy, you people sure do offend easily. It just strikes me as rather narcissistic and delusional to assume you understand high-level play without being able to compete at a high level. It's possible, sure, but extremely rare.

It's also all of those things to assert that only a tiny minority of players are allowed to express an opinion on the game they paid good money for
1 Apr 2015, 00:19 AM

Agreed, small patches are the way to go, but that approach requires rapid updating, and Relic is traditionally terrible at iterating quickly. I can't comment on the efficacy of the balance changes, of course, but it worries me that it's only balance changes that are being made, since balance has always been secondary to the game's more fundamental issues.

I just said they did a good job and that makes me narcissistic and delusional. Damnit.
1 Apr 2015, 00:21 AM

Like the Devs? Last I checked they arent top 10 Tournament players.

This is seriously the most elitist crap I have ever seen posted to the forums...

Rofl, Don't bother with his comments it's always the same meaningless song.
1 Apr 2015, 00:23 AM
Coder Red Badge

Not exactly. Just because I paid the same cash for SC2 as Flash did doesn't mean my opinion on balance should be given the same weight as his. I mean, I can express my opinion as much as I want, but at the end of the day any rational person wouldn't give our opinions equal weight.

I personally wouldn't speak a word about balance in any game unless I was a top player and felt I was qualified to do so. I don't care if people give their opinions, I just think it's silly and a waste of time, doubly so when it's pure theorycrafting because it's being done before the patch has even been released.

But I suppose I wasn't specific enough. What I find funny are the threads bitching about overnerfing and overbuffing and complaining about changes when 1) they haven't even played the patch, and 2) they're not even close to being qualified to make those sorts of judgments. Discussion is normal; making value judgments without sufficient information or expertise is not.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2015, 00:19 AMGdot

I just said they did a good job and that makes me narcissistic and delusional. Damnit.

Huh?
1 Apr 2015, 00:25 AM

It's also all of those things to assert that only a tiny minority of players are allowed to express an opinion on the game they paid good money for

This is par for the course for almost every game out there that's competitive. While the shitposting about rank here does get out of control, a large amount of players attempt to act like an authority with out even playing the faction they hate so much more than a few times.
1 Apr 2015, 01:05 AM

At risk of making an ass out of you and me, I'm going to make an assumption here and say this 6 months of work on balance changes since the last one was more of a 2 months job with a reduced team of whoever relic has left on board with coh2 development. Judging by the limited changes and no new lead balance designer, we also know relic are working on a new project and their track record. I could be wrong and that is no slight intended on the changes made, they are open to judgement over the next while.

But they did not address some fundamentals of the game design or factions, and that was probably my last hope for the game. I doubt those will ever be addresssed now at this point of the games lifespan.

The game is so much better then it was on release and I have and will continue to enjoy it for what it is, a pretty beer and pretzel game with great sound effects, one of the last rts games standing and a very good tittle, a credit to relic. But i just wished for a wee bit more, which I think the game had the potential.

The game performance issues I have to note here though, post wfa it went to shit for many people. That was a real feck up!
1 Apr 2015, 08:18 AM

Agreed. The changes look well-thought out instead of knee-jerk reactions.
nee
1 Apr 2015, 08:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 22:56 PMInverse

It's also hilarious how people (the vast majority of whom are overwhelmingly mediocre at the game) are suddenly experts able to analyze the balance changes before they've even played them. But that ignorance has traditionally been one of the CoH community's greatest strengths. By which I mean, above all else, it's the one thing this community is truly good at.

Yeah, no one's allowed to say murder is wrong since they never murdered/ have been murdered themselves.
1 Apr 2015, 09:18 AM
Donator 11

dont bother inversey. youll never teach them a lesson. they are 1) too young 2) too stupid 3) or both :snfBarton:
1 Apr 2015, 09:19 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2015, 08:49 AMnee

Yeah, no one's allowed to say murder is wrong since they never murdered/ have been murdered themselves.

:clap::facepalm::clap:
2 Apr 2015, 17:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2015, 08:49 AMnee

LOOOOOL
2 Apr 2015, 17:37 PM

The pure level of saltiness in here is abysmal. Sadly, Inverse has a degree of reason in his posts. No matter how much 'balancing' is undergone within this game it will always have issues on the premise that it has a broken core that was never fully developed. While his comments come out as being elitest(and offensive), they have a point. Does a non programmer(whom has never worked with code) get to sit and call out issues within a program? No, so unless you work with programming it is unreasonable to assume that you can sit there and call out issues within a code you have no idea about.

Just my thoughts as a programmer.
2 Apr 2015, 17:39 PM
Benefactor 3110

Hi all,

1. a little love for relic is never wrong;
2. to all members of the community some love is nice too. Have a Happy Easter everybody: Pro Gamers and noobs, trolls and staff.

Best Regards awa59
2 Apr 2015, 17:46 PM
Donator 22

Not exactly. Just because I paid the same cash for SC2 as Flash did doesn't mean my opinion on balance should be given the same weight as his. I mean, I can express my opinion as much as I want, but at the end of the day any rational person wouldn't give our opinions equal weight.

I personally wouldn't speak a word about balance in any game unless I was a top player and felt I was qualified to do so. I don't care if people give their opinions, I just think it's silly and a waste of time, doubly so when it's pure theorycrafting because it's being done before the patch has even been released.

But I suppose I wasn't specific enough. What I find funny are the threads bitching about overnerfing and overbuffing and complaining about changes when 1) they haven't even played the patch, and 2) they're not even close to being qualified to make those sorts of judgments. Discussion is normal; making value judgments without sufficient information or expertise is not.

The problem with this train of thought is that the VAST MAJORITY OF PLAYERS are not ever going to be "elite". And while I completely respect the elite players opinion, it appears to me that if I'm a game developer that I am going to give priority to balance with respect to THE MEDIOCRE MAJORITY over the vocal elite minority while doing as good as I can to placate both.

In other words, if the elite players find it imbalanced but the majority finds it to be fine...then it's as balanced as it should be. At the end of the day, the game is a product and needs to be designed to cater to the largest % of its player base...not just some pie in the sky e-sport dream that we've been waiting 8 years and counting for.

That being said, I do find your past comments interesting and valid concerning the true issues with Coh2. But we both know that redesign you want (and frankly I wouldn't mind seeing either) isn't coming.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★