Login

russian armor

Over nerfed Obers

PAGES (15)down
31 Mar 2015, 16:07 PM

You cant use words like "obers" and "over nerfed" in one sentence for the sake of common sense. Also i wish luck for all "obers are useless nao" whiners to have any mp with FJ spam or any chances to beat shocks/paras with jagers and PF.

Obers still very good and still top of the elite infantry food chain.
31 Mar 2015, 16:16 PM

you said there is no point for spending 400MP when you can spend less and now you are calling Falls for 440...

As for STGs, they are amazing. Make Obers into LMG Grens at long range and Shocks at close range. I belive you can have both.
no you can't, patch said exclusive upgrades
31 Mar 2015, 16:21 PM

no you can't, patch said exclusive upgrades

Sorry, you did not get point :)
No one said about MG34+STGs, or maybe I dont understand you?
Nevermind.. Point is, STGs are effective at all ranges. Long range like Grens with LMG, close range like Shocks.
31 Mar 2015, 16:23 PM

There is no such thing as over nerfing the obers. Anyways now they are not super soldiers and your going to have to use cover, poor poor okw players.
31 Mar 2015, 16:24 PM

you said there is no point for spending 400MP when you can spend less and now you are calling Falls for 440...

As for STGs, they are amazing. Make Obers into LMG Grens at long range and Shocks at close range. I belive you can have both.

They nerfed the StG's DPS. And Fallsch are 440 but they A. Don't require teching B. Don't need munitions to upgrade their weapons and C. Have a snare.

At max range now the IR StG will be less than the LMG Grens at long range.
31 Mar 2015, 16:32 PM

Overnerfed and you havent even played the patch yet.

They;re fine, they were tested heavily and just require actual skill to use now.
31 Mar 2015, 16:34 PM

That's great, and I never said Obers were worse. But even if they are still better I don't really care because the cost efficiency isn't were I need it to be to justify getting them and then spending munitions on them when I can do the same thing with my call in infantry.

Scavenge, Luft, and Breakthrough are all fairly good doctrines, not really any reason not to just skip Obers can get out more utility focused infantry that help fill holes in your ability gaps.

So it comes down to Obers not being a no-brainer choice anymore? What kind of ''cost-efficiency'' do you need to justify them? They still fall on the favourable side in terms of MP and muni when fighting the doctrinally equipped rifleman squad.

I'm glad to hear that people are going to consider other infantry now than just volks and obers, it just goes to show there really was a problem.

The simple matter of the fact is Obers were not overnerfed, they still perform very well and comparing them to how they used to be is foolish as everyone knows they were too good at that level of performance.
31 Mar 2015, 16:35 PM

Here alex:

Put all your tears here. In the meanwhile I will look for more, because one won't be enough with you.

Obers cost effectiveness is now balanced.
They are still top of the food chain. Just instead of being the top on another planet they are now top on another step.
31 Mar 2015, 16:37 PM

On paper it looks like they're over nerfed when you consider what Allies get with Shocks/Paras respectively for the cost. My guess is they will be about as effective as Panzer grens are for Ost, they'll do decent damage but are just not cost effective.

We will see in a day or so when the patch goes live I guess.
31 Mar 2015, 16:38 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Neo
31 Mar 2015, 16:39 PM

Nobody knows. Stop crying.
31 Mar 2015, 16:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 16:37 PMRollo
On paper it looks like they're over nerfed when you consider what USF get with Shocks/Paras respectively for the cost.

We will see in a day or so when the patch goes live I guess.

How so? Please explain the thought process on that one. Shocks only do their dps at spitting range, if you retreat you are guaranteed to get away. It's not like they don't have a high MP cost too.

Paras pay 120 muni for their long range dps and cost 380MP to call in so what is the cost difference here?
Let's not forget the 0.7 vet 0 buff to incoming accuracy that obers have (giving them the equivalent of 114hp against small arms fire).

I agree with you though, we will have to wait and see. If there is a problem then I will agree to changes, but if obers have been brought in line then that's how it should be.
31 Mar 2015, 16:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

At max range now the IR StG will be less than the LMG Grens at long range.

STG Obers: 12.2
LMG Grens: 14.07

But if we take the IR STG bonus vs cover, STG will still be doing more damage. I think they reduce the RA modifier of cover from 50% to 10%.
31 Mar 2015, 16:52 PM
31 Mar 2015, 16:53 PM

How so? Please explain the thought process on that one. Shocks only do their dps at spitting range, if you retreat you are guaranteed to get away. It's not like they don't have a high MP cost too.

Survivability in squad size, with Shocks and Paras you can have confidence in the fact you will not lose 400MP+muni to a random Scott/Mortar round because of clumping.

31 Mar 2015, 16:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

IR Stgs ignore all cover

On the big sense, yes.
But i remember reading it was "partially". Green/trenches/garrison will still provide damage modifiers and as i said, i don't think it's a COMPLETE removal.
31 Mar 2015, 16:57 PM

Overnerfed and you havent even played the patch yet.

They;re fine, they were tested heavily and just require actual skill to use now.

This. and LOL @ Katitof post.
31 Mar 2015, 16:59 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAH ok I'm done.
31 Mar 2015, 16:59 PM

STG Obers: 12.2
LMG Grens: 14.07

But if we take the IR STG bonus vs cover, STG will still be doing more damage. I think they reduce the RA modifier of cover from 50% to 10%.

Is that account for the reduced damage they get now?

So it comes down to Obers not being a no-brainer choice anymore? What kind of ''cost-efficiency'' do you need to justify them? They still fall on the favourable side in terms of MP and muni when fighting the doctrinally equipped rifleman squad.

I'm glad to hear that people are going to consider other infantry now than just volks and obers, it just goes to show there really was a problem.

The simple matter of the fact is Obers were not overnerfed, they still perform very well and comparing them to how they used to be is foolish as everyone knows they were too good at that level of performance.

They were not overnerfed, they should have just had a price reduction or been changed in a different way to make them more interesting rather than just gating the LMG behind an upgrade and making it worse while doing nothing else.

People have always considered other options, it's just that now you will see even more call in infantry use now that OKW's number 1 infantry based blob counter is reduced.

Obers cost effectiveness is now balanced.
They are still top of the food chain. Just instead of being the top on another planet they are now top on another step.

Nobody is saying this is not the case, my only issue with this change is it's boring and I am 100% sure that we will see a thread demanding Fallsch or JLI get the nerf bat when people start making those in large quantities to.

EDIT:

They are no harder to use now that they were before the patch. Idiots will be idiots and charge them out of cover like they did before, smart people will be smart and use them at long range like they did before.
31 Mar 2015, 17:03 PM

On the big sense, yes.
But i remember reading it was "partially". Green/trenches/garrison will still provide damage modifiers and as i said, i don't think it's a COMPLETE removal.

Pretty sure the damage modifiers are only vs explosive. Iirc units in green cover have 80% evasion

Also I'm going to tell you guys now that obeys still perform well, and regain a lot of their dps at vet 2 with that 40% accuracy bonus. Also please don't forget that overs start with 30% evasion, and that they have 5 levels of vet. To the people saying that players will use other doctrinal infantry more, great! More variety in strategy. To the people saying jli and unupgraded pfuziliers will out dps obers, lmfao. Also falls are a lot squished and have their dps spread out over 4 men. Overs are still the best anti infantry squad
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment