Login

russian armor

Patch 31st. It has not changed the early USF

31 Mar 2015, 10:32 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I'm waiting for the ninja changes. But early with kubel/sturmpio continuous still very strong. Expected to be addressed in this patch, so I feel somewhat disappointed.
That after 5/6 months there is no mention of this, the early okw is very strong and very weak usf or should do much micromanagement to escape from suppression.

As the kubel may be cheaper than an ambulance?
Why relic considered not important?
31 Mar 2015, 10:36 AM
Patrion 310

Truck pushing was addressed a bit since it will be easier to kill. Otherwise I didn't really think USF had issues vs OKW early game (at least in 2v2) but rather late game (that should be much better due to the Jackson changes and ober nerf).
31 Mar 2015, 10:42 AM

They have addressed the main offender-truck pushing.
Kubel while extremely potent against USF, still can be countered.
31 Mar 2015, 10:43 AM
Patrion 15

I dunno, I never struggle in the early game vs OKW as USF. For the most part, dealing with a Kubel isn't too much trouble. Even if I don't kill it I do manage to force it off and make them use it less aggressively.
31 Mar 2015, 10:43 AM

Spamming Vet 2 USF-RM is not addressed either.
31 Mar 2015, 10:46 AM

Spamming Vet 2 USF-RM is not addressed either.

Thankfully it was addressed a couple of patches ago.

Try harder.
31 Mar 2015, 10:50 AM

31 Mar 2015, 11:03 AM

I also have overcome my main struggle with the Kübel. It just comes down to smart positioning, flanks and clever use of houses. Truck pushing was the BS that needed to get sorted out, and i hope they did it right this time.
31 Mar 2015, 11:12 AM

Smoke nade is counter on kubel and mg42. That's the problem. Smoke is overwhelming problem for long range faction (exactly ost but also opkw) and this thing on basic infantry, gives you good advantage in early game.
31 Mar 2015, 11:29 AM

Replace usf with ost i title.USF vs OKW earlygame is laughable compared to ost issues vs OP usf.
31 Mar 2015, 11:34 AM

accidentally ordering a unit outside the 17* suppression arc is the counter to the kubel...
31 Mar 2015, 11:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 11:12 AMFrost
Smoke nade is counter on kubel and mg42. That's the problem. Smoke is overwhelming problem for long range faction (exactly ost but also opkw) and this thing on basic infantry, gives you good advantage in early game.

You're spending 30 fuel to counter 0 to 5 fuel, which means you are putting yourself at disadvantage in tech.
You can't have the counter ready before the unit you want to counter arrives, which means you can't even anticipate suppression units and ready up for them.
Unless you know where HMG/kubel is, you will get suppressed first before smoke hits, therefore allowing HMG/kubel to pick new, safe position.

@austerlitz
Ost early game got huge buffs, quit bitching and wait for patch, unless you're a gren spammer, the game will be much easier for you.
31 Mar 2015, 12:01 PM

Kubel is fine, even a good flank with RET's will destroy it. If you struggle that much just call in some instant vet rifleman from Rifle Company.
31 Mar 2015, 12:04 PM

After almost a half year these changes are a joke man, i mean it´s just a bit adjustment. The thinks we wanted and other stuff is not in there.

Other Studios make those changes in a weak, not even a weak. It´s ridiculous, even giving some maps after this long time is a bad troll to the community.
31 Mar 2015, 12:41 PM

As a player that prefers to play Axis over allies, (but does still regularly play Allies), I can say that the kubel is quite flimsy. I see everyones problem with it, but it is easily countered. A good flank and its done. It really needs to be microed effectively for it to be worthwhile. Plus, once its pushed back, its rarely used as aggressively again.
31 Mar 2015, 13:04 PM

I think suppression on Infantry Gun for OKW and better MG for Whermaht should be able to help against early USF. That's theory crafting though...
31 Mar 2015, 20:21 PM

I am of the Kubel is easy to counter camp myself. I never have a problem with it. Its just a pain in the ass. And now that the Late Game is more inline early game losses as the USF wont be as punishing.

Overall there will be alot of indirect changes to the pacing of the game now that the overperforming units have been addressed.
31 Mar 2015, 21:32 PM

IMO the kubel is nice and balanced ever since the fuel cost was added in.
31 Mar 2015, 21:51 PM

I don't mind the Kübelwagen in the early game. It is quite flimsy and forces good micro out of both players.
The only thing that bothers me about OKW early game is the truck pushing. Now that is just a stupid mechanic in how it looks, what the risk/rewards are and what type of micro/tactics are involved in using it. I'm glad they have addressed this retarded OKW early game ritual again in this patch.
31 Mar 2015, 22:05 PM

I don't mind the Kübelwagen in the early game. It is quite flimsy and forces good micro out of both players.
The only thing that bothers me about OKW early game is the truck pushing. Now that is just a stupid mechanic in how it looks, what the risk/rewards are and what type of micro/tactics are involved in using it. I'm glad they have addressed this retarded OKW early game ritual again in this patch.

This. The Kübel is fine where it is now. I used to bitch about truckpushing, but eventually I started doing it myself. The worst thing was that it really made a considerable difference for the first few engagements. Sometimes it was actually worth going mechanised just to shut it down and kill the truck, it had the added benefit of delaying Schrecks...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★