Login

russian armor

Patch March 31st changelog

PAGES (29)down
31 Mar 2015, 00:58 AM

I must say I am extremely interested to see how guards perform now. Also how about ptrs on conscripts? Now they have a long range doctrinal AI upgrade haha!

MehAT doctrine just became lolAI doctrine.
31 Mar 2015, 00:59 AM

Just wanted to point out that with the Jackson on the field you will know the Pain of USF when Paks or Panthers are on the field. All Pen all Day every day straight to HPs. Better get good at your tank micro. (still think it should do 160 a shot not 200)

And post the numbers I am too tired to look. If they are then LOL without a decrease in MP cost...

Ober rifles do 6.8 at point blank range. 6.8 * 4 = 27.2

Rifles do 29.4 DPS at point blank range.
31 Mar 2015, 01:00 AM
Patrion 14

I only have one word.

A word I heard last year, during the 2014 March Deployment, from the Axis players.

You may have forgotten.

I have not.

Do you sense it? The wind whispers it gently...

The word is

31 Mar 2015, 01:00 AM

Well, then don't try to close in with your Panther?

Lay down some mines, use your Panther to engage other vehicles your opponent got and when the Jackson shows up use PaKs as support.

Why should you be able to kill a Jackson just by right-clicking into it?

So i need paks to 'protect' my 'tank -hunter' with insane cost and teching?Why don't i use just paks.Basically all offensive ability of panthers is non-viable against jacksons is what ur saying.
I mean tiger alreday a joke,p-47 a added insult.Earlygame a walkover for usf ,and still no change for that with tech costs,which emans we still struggle brutally vs light vehicle.No lategame infantry to challenge para/1919 blobs.And pathetic artillery both weak in impact and locked out by tech.

Very balanced.I congratulate usf players.As is said its a useless patch for ostheer.
31 Mar 2015, 01:01 AM
Donator 33

Ober rifles do 6.8 at point blank range. 6.8 * 4 = 27.2

Rifles do 29.4 DPS at point blank range.

So, a supposed long-range squad is dealing slighlty less DPS AT CLOSE RANGE than a close-mid range squad? OMG.
31 Mar 2015, 01:04 AM

It still does more damage and is far, far more mobile. While also having more penetration for ~reasons~ now.

You can probably solo a Jackson with a Panzer IV now and have a reasonable chance of winning (probably comes down to who hits first). The Jackson is supposed to be hard-counter to armor, and costs more than a PzIV. It doesn't do shit to infantry, it doesn't have an mg upgrade. It's sole redeeming feature is the high first-shot damage. It's rate of fire is poor, and in a stand-up fight an SU85 outperfored it even before this patch. The 40 damage reduction means a 16.67% reduction in DPS, and an extra hit required to kill a PzIV. This is critical and Ost T3 will perform much more favourably against USF Jacksons now because of it.
31 Mar 2015, 01:04 AM

So, a supposed long-range squad is dealing slighlty less DPS AT CLOSE RANGE than a close-mid range squad? OMG.

And Grens do more damage at long range than Rifles to, still doesn't stop them from being totally outclassed.

And Obers are 120 MP more expensive than Rifles and cost more to reinforce, why should they be worse?
31 Mar 2015, 01:06 AM

dis patch, good start, but so much time for little...
31 Mar 2015, 01:08 AM

I gotta say, Wehrmacht being thrown under the bus.. not surprising in the least.

That Jackson tho.. Well now the unreachable panther will just loose to Jackson outright. MG-42 ill have to see how it plays out but how it sounds..

Not enough to stem the tide of rifle-spam early game.

GG Relic.
GG Indeed.

Time to go on a USF/Sov only binge for the next six months while relic decides what it wants to do.
31 Mar 2015, 01:08 AM

Well, the Jackson will be a lot easier to vet up now they have a much higher pen chance versus all Axis armor.

Axis had better armor versus pen because axis mediums don't exist or are not viable. Costly heavies SHOULD be well armored.

All I can say is Relic's own data showed the discrepancy to be overperforming in favour of axis heavies. Now axis will have to work just as hard to destroy Allied vehicles while preserving their own.

What makes you think allied medium vehicles were any more viable against shreks and panther than viability of axis mediums that you are worried about? What you're worried about now has been the reality for allied players for a long time. Allies have to rely on vehicle based AT and it's not out of choice.
31 Mar 2015, 01:09 AM
Donator 33

And Grens do more damage at long range than Rifles to, still doesn't stop them from being totally outclassed.

And Obers are 120 MP more expensive than Rifles and cost more to reinforce, why should they be worse?

Why did you compare their point blank DPS? Do Rifles have a secret teleport ability to spawn directly in front of enemy troops?

No, they don't. You have to close in and while Rifles close in, Obers shoot at them and probably kill some models before they even get into effective range.

31 Mar 2015, 01:11 AM

All I can say is Relic's own data showed the discrepancy to be overperforming in favour of axis heavies. Now axis will have to work just as hard to destroy Allied vehicles while preserving their own.

What makes you think allied medium vehicles were any more viable against shreks and panther than viability of axis mediums that you are worried about? What you're worried about now has been the reality for allied players for a long time. Allies have to rely on vehicle based AT and it's not out of choice.

Well, the ZiS is quite good. Soviets don't really lack for AT options at all. USF needed a better AT or something and better Zooks instead of a Jackson buff (IMO).

Axis mediums either don't exist (for OKW) or are to expensive (Ostheer), the Jackson really didn't help these matters either since the only 240 damage tanks Axis had were 245 fuel+.
31 Mar 2015, 01:12 AM

Why did you compare their point blank DPS? Do Rifles have a secret teleport ability to spawn directly in front of enemy troops?

No, they don't. You have to close in and while Rifles close in, Obers shoot at them and probably kill some models before they even get into effective range.

Now If the rifle squad kills a single model it reduces the Ober's DPS by 1/4, if the Obers kill a single rifle model it reduces their dps by only 1/5. Rifles have more than enough time close the distance, and most maps are small and littered with cover anyway.
Senior Moderator Badge

Can't forget Obers still have a giant received accuracy modifier. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if Obers end up being "Get us if you can get weapon upgrade" like when Shocks had to upgrade PPShes in the beta.

Cynthia herself said: "We have aimed to create a more evenly measured match where Axis and Allies have equal advantages from start to finish"

Well now that axis late game got neutered were is the axis early game buffs that are meaningful?

MG-42 accuracy will probably not be enough. How about that Wehrmacht artillery? Or efficient teching?

Nop. Just Stug III e for the next 6 months.
31 Mar 2015, 01:15 AM

looks good but 6 months of work...

Exactly. We deserve an explanation.

As for the patch:
--OKW KT armor same as IS2 yet IS2 cost wayyyy less and comes earlier. What great balance we have here!

--OST Tiger/Panther speed nerf = more T34 blob swarms becoming a thing, plus loads of other blatant issues.
--OST Panzerwerfer needs to be dropped a tech level and CHEAPER. Please god. Address this issue.
--OST MG42 needs to suppress faster. The enemy should be forced to smoke or flank but being able to run straight up frontally and grenade...this needs to not even be possible. Spotter or NOT.

--Jackson buff (it's a buff)... here's the thing: you almost never encounter just one Jackson, they're always in pairs. JACKSON is BUFF.

OKW and OST... things just got a lot harder and way more precarious.

31 Mar 2015, 01:16 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm gonna reserve my opinion till ALL the changes are listed (AKA ninja).

This is what i was afraid of. The patch has a good direction, but it's too little for such a long wait.
IF you tell me there is ANOTHER patch incoming 1 month later and this is just phase 1 to see how things settle down, i'm not gonna be bothered to have to wait a bit more to have a better game.

If this is just all what is was meant to be...don't expect people to be "excited"
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 156
unknown 8
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %