Login

russian armor

Patch March 31st changelog

PAGES (29)down
31 Mar 2015, 01:16 AM

All I can say is Relic's own data showed the discrepancy to be overperforming in favour of axis heavies. Now axis will have to work just as hard to destroy Allied vehicles while preserving their own.

What makes you think allied medium vehicles were any more viable against shreks and panther than viability of axis mediums that you are worried about? What you're worried about now has been the reality for allied players for a long time. Allies have to rely on vehicle based AT and it's not out of choice.

None of this babble applies to ostheer.Tiger lost to both is-2 and jacksons.Add skillpl;ae to the equation.
Panther could fend off is-2s and kill it only with support,and could beat jacksons.Now they can't beat jacksons and are only useful for fending off is-2 pushes.With its massive teching and cost its useless.

As far as i'm concerned now best armor lategame -
Soviet>OKW>USF>Ost.

OsT already have worst lategame infantry and artillery.Atleast it was 3rd in armor.Now thats gone.
On top of this ost also has weakest earlygame.
Good job relic. Mission accomplished for usf.

This patch has no meaning for ostheer at all.Relic enjoys trampling this faction on purpose and have been doing this for a long time now.
31 Mar 2015, 01:17 AM

#Adapt

Allies patch, you know what to do.
31 Mar 2015, 01:18 AM

I like how they say blobbing is an issue, and then in the same page only nerf 1 factions ability to blob.
31 Mar 2015, 01:19 AM

Just wanted to point out that with the Jackson on the field you will know the Pain of USF when Paks or Panthers are on the field. All Pen all Day every day straight to HPs. Better get good at your tank micro. (still think it should do 160 a shot not 200)

And post the numbers I am too tired to look. If they are then LOL without a decrease in MP cost...

Hah just reading your Sig there it seems REforever could tell the future! In all seriousness I agree with your sentiment. Time for axis players to learn to micro their panther rather than drive in blow up the Jackson bouncing 50% of shots and blitz out.
31 Mar 2015, 01:20 AM

I like how they say blobbing is an issue, and then in the same page only nerf 1 factions ability to blob.

Exactly,usf blob still runs rampant.
No decrease in para reinforce cost.
No end to free lieutenant earlygame breaking the balance.
No buff to panzerwerfer to counter lategame blob.
And yet ost doesn't even have lategame infantry to stand upto paras or 1919.

31 Mar 2015, 01:22 AM

That is right Axis fan boys, you gotta pay for that LMG Ober Terminator squads!
31 Mar 2015, 01:24 AM

Ostheer players should boycott the faction as it has no meaning to play like a leper faction like this anymore.
31 Mar 2015, 01:25 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Hah just reading your Sig there it seems REforever could tell the future!

Maybe if he complains about the Su76, something might be done about it!
31 Mar 2015, 01:26 AM

This is quite disappointing for a patch 6 months in the works tbh...

Also, nerf Obersoldaten but don't reduce their cost ?
Huge buff to Jackson and huge nerf to KT's armor at the same time ? Why did they even touch the KT (except combat blitz) in the first place ? It's extremely hard to obtain in term of tech investment and prevents you to get any other vehicle unless you delay the KT itself...

I just hope they won't take as long to revert (or reduce) these changes as it took them with the Katyusha and the Kübelwagen.

Also, more than 9 months of WFA and still no fucking new commanders... I mean, I'm happy about new maps, but really...?
31 Mar 2015, 01:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 01:17 AMPorygon
#Adapt

Allies patch, you know what to do.

I do,play diablo 3 patch 2.2.Now thats a REAL patch.
31 Mar 2015, 01:29 AM

None of this babble applies to ostheer.Tiger lost to both is-2 and jacksons.Add skillpl;ae to the equation.
Panther could fend off is-2s and kill it only with support,and could beat jacksons.Now they can't beat jacksons and are only useful for fending off is-2 pushes.With its massive teching and cost its useless.

As far as i'm concerned now best armor lategame -
Soviet>OKW>USF>Ost.

OsT already have worst lategame infantry and artillery.Atleast it was 3rd in armor.Now thats gone.
On top of this ost also has weakest earlygame.
Good job relic. Mission accomplished for usf.

This patch has no meaning for ostheer at all.Relic enjoys trampling this faction on purpose and have been doing this for a long time now.

If you read my previous posts on this thread I mentioned several times that I'm concerned about Jackson bullying the tiger.

OKWs OPness tainted OST and has led to their unneeded suffering. You should be mad at them not allies.

On the bright side 222 and sniper may help you control rifles much better now. Honestly try out grens backed by sniper and 222 and you should be able to bleed USF early in 1v1 as long as your micro holds up. Mg is more accurate too now so there were some early game buffs.
31 Mar 2015, 01:29 AM

2 vs 2 s will now be more lol for ost.I mean OKW carried them usually,now who will carry who?

They will carry each other to the grave... (just kidding).
I think that Ostheer will become more potent than OKW due to the changes to the MG42 dps and Sniper-Health combined with the KT and Ober nerf (+Jackson buff). OKW games will shift to Volks + Panzerfuss meta. Panzerfuss do the same DPS than non-upgraded Rifles. The only problem are MG-Rifles, before the Patch Obersoldaten could reliably face them... now they don't. OKW is ammo starved cause of the Shreckupgrades, which is why I guess it would be wiser to build a Luchs to deal with Infantry rather than shifting fuel to ammo conversion in order to upgrade Obers with MG's.

With the upcoming patch I would rate the factions as follows (higher is better):
OKW = 7
OST = 8
Soviet = 10
USF = 9

...just imagine USF gets a Pershing commander. Pershing + Jackson with 240 AP-Pen at 60 Range xD
31 Mar 2015, 01:33 AM

If you read my previous posts on this thread I mentioned several times that I'm concerned about Jackson bullying the tiger.

OKWs OPness tainted OST and has led to their unneeded suffering. You should be mad at them not allies.

On the bright side 222 and sniper may help you control rifles much better now. Honestly try out grens backed by sniper and 222 and you should be able to bleed USF early in 1v1 as long as your micro holds up. Mg is more accurate too now so there were some early game buffs.

The AA halftrack will dance all over the corpse and wreckage of sniper and 222.With current tech costs wehrmacht is not viable as a faction.
31 Mar 2015, 01:35 AM

They will carry each other to the grave... (just kidding).
I think that Ostheer will become more potent than OKW due to the changes to the MG42 and Sniper-Health combined with the KT and Ober nerf (+Jackson buff). OKW games will shift to Volks + Panzerfuss meta. Panzerfuss do the same DPS than non-upgraded Rifles. The only problem are MG-Rifles, before the Patch Obersoldaten could reliably face them... now they don't. OKW is ammo starved cause of the Shreckupgrades, which is why I guess it would be wiser to build a Luchs to deal with Infantry rather than shifting fuel to ammo conversion in order to upgrade Obers with MG's.

With the upcoming patch I would rate the factions as follows (higher is better):
OKW = 7
OST = 8
Soviet = 10
USF = 9

...just imagine USF gets a Pershing commander. Pershing + Jackson with 240 AP-Pen at 60 Range xD

Give them pershing,won't make much difference.Already autowins ost.Now will do even more.What more will pershing do?
31 Mar 2015, 01:38 AM

• We have aimed to create a more evenly measured match where Axis and Allies have equal advantages from start to finish

• Reduce the temporal effect that we were seeing in data, where allies have an early advantage at a higher VP count

Oh no, you didn't.
  • HMG42's traverse speed and setup time still untouched.
  • Grens still suck.
  • OST T3 Vehicles are Completely useless against USF now.
  • Rak43 buffs nullify the Shrecks nerf.
  • M3 (Mini Kv8) spam against OKW still not fixed
  • IS2 cost still untouched.

Try to address these issues for he upcoming march 2016 patch at least. Some suggestions:
  • Remove the shreck upgrade from OKW.
  • Reduce the fuel cost for the puma.
  • Increase the fuel cost for IS2, 320 would be a fair price. (Along with accuracy+DMG buff of course)
  • 5 men Grens.
  • Doctrinal LMG upgrade for cons. Their size would be reduced to 4 guys after upgrading.
  • Limit the early game light vehicle abuse and faggotry.

I gotta thank you for adding new maps though. The angoville remake was such a nice surprise, good job.

31 Mar 2015, 01:39 AM
Patrion 27

Fine. This patch is fine, no more.

Nothing for SU76, Stug III E is still needs a tiny nerf, Call-ins should really be tied to tech by now, still no customizable hotkeys (fuck you lefties!), Sturmpioneers can still get stuck at the HQ...

Kappatch 2.0 has a few radical changes but it's straight-up better than what Relic has produced.

The key now is to keep up momentum and get our next changes/patch/new content quickly.
31 Mar 2015, 01:46 AM

how will obers now compare to lmg paras and rifles?
31 Mar 2015, 01:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 01:46 AMBanillo
how will obers now compare to lmg paras and rifles?

Not very well.
31 Mar 2015, 01:51 AM

I think that nerfing the KT armor + buffing the Jacksons PEN was a bit too much.
With those stats a Jackson will be able to reliably penetrate a KT from the front... that's a bit overperforming if the cost of both tanks are taken into consideration.
Personally I would say that the Panther is now more attractive for a OKW player as it has good speed and nearly the same armor (320).

The Jackson-PEN buff means that the Tiger 1 now deserves an armor increase back to its old levels.
It currently has 300 front armor which makes it an easy prey for a Jackson (especially with AP-rounds) and an IS-2.
...all considered with the new Jackson stats (200 / 220 /240) // 240 / 270 / 300 (Armor Piercing Rounds).

Those are the things I would like to see in the next patch:
- Tiger 1 armor buff to 320 armor
- Tiger 2 buff to 400 armor
- OST Gren-Squads up to 5 models with changes to the weapon profile to bring the DPS to the current value
- Jackson Damage from 200 to 160 with slightly better reload (this is needed to make OST-T3 reliable against USF)
- Ostheer Tech and Building Fuel-Cost switched
- USF Rifles should only be able to equip one M1919 (especially in consideration of the upcoming Ober nerf)
- Changes to the doctrinal meta (http://community.companyofheroes.com...ier-restricted)
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS