Login

russian armor

Patch March 31st changelog

PAGES (29)down
31 Mar 2015, 00:03 AM

What was the point of nerfing the shrek accuracy when your going to give Volks +30% accuracy three times and +30% reload speed to?

vet 5 volks now get super bazookas.
31 Mar 2015, 00:04 AM

Seems like a decent patch although some key things were missed

-OST tech pricing was not adressed so I imagine stalling into Tigers will still be prevalent
-especially since the StuG-E didnt get nerfed
-Jackson dmg got nerfed while pen increased doesnt change how I feel in that I personally it will hardley change the current situation while at least it will be more viable against heavies
-Regular StuG is still useless
-how is suppression on Pack Howitzer going to change anything? especially seeing as how it cant even hit anything?
-Glad mortar halftrack got buffed
-Glad sniper got buffed
-Glad to see the MG42 get buffed but why didnt all MGs get buffed for that matter?
-No idea why the Scott got changed
-Glad too see Canister shot get nerfed while the 37mm should be useful now still doesnt change the fact the doctrine as a whole is bad, and as broken as it was now I have even less reason to use it
-Soviets basically got zero changes to their stock lategame other than snipers evenything centers on their call in's -____-
-Good too see the 222 being more durable
-M10 wont change the fact the doc as a whole is crap
Honorary Member Badge

40+80+260 = 380. That's the cost of 1.6 IS2's.

Because OKW get absolutely nothing good for that first 120 fuel...

Incidentally, the change to the Jackson damage is a bit larger than it may seem. In reducing the damage by 40 it will take 4 penetrating shots to kill a P4 instead of 3. This is the same number of penetrating shots it takes for a T34 to kill a P4.
31 Mar 2015, 00:05 AM

Jacksons make ostheer armor less worth getting now. WTF SO f'ing dumb. Plus the pack howi is annoying enough as it is and now it supresses.

No change ostheer teching.

+40 health to the 222 is hardly worth mentioning...

No werfer change
no Brummbar change

Jackon + IS2 combo will be even more deadly and just flat out gg when combined with skill planes.

(Note these are 2v2 gripes)

40+80+260 = 380. That's the cost of 1.6 IS2's.

So not double the cost, more like 1 and a half? Almost would be 1.8 or 1.9. Armour reduction seems fine to be, many players complain about IS2 bouncing shots and that's with higher penetration values in general, 425 was just silly as seen in that video that was trending recently.

Overall I must say I am happy with the changes but I was hoping for them to be more all-encompassing.
Soviets didn't receive much attention but I am happy that b4 was nerfed as it was a bit cheesy.

Also happy to see OST receive some early game buffs and the Jackson finally seems like it deserves it's position as the pinnacle of USF anti-armour. Glad to see my suggestion of 240/220/200 was taken on board (coincidence I know!) also with AP rounds JAckson seems quite frightening now, Panthers will have to think twice now when trying to savage the USF lines as they will be facing a higher penetration tank destroyer and will not be able to rely on the crutch of the blitz ability as much.

Only worry I have is in regards to the Tiger vs. Jackson matchup, then again the JAckson is meant to counter tiger so you will have to be trailing those packs with your tigers fellas.

Side-note: What are the penetration gains at vet 3 for Jackson? I'm thinking at mid range with AP rounds it will have 100% chance to pen tiger.
Patrion 14

Vet5:+30% accuracy + 30% reload
Actually, a 0.7 modifier is not the same as 30% increase. Increase is 1 / 0.7. This is more of a 43% increase.

Example : A 0.25 modifier would mean they shoot 4 times faster. A 300% increase in DPS. But by your logic you would call that a 75% increase.
31 Mar 2015, 00:07 AM

Why bother?You don't fix tech costs and wehrmacht will still struggle becoz of that.And wehrmacht artillery remains shit as it always have been.Inaccesible and weak.
The reign of is-2 will continue with KT out of the way without any price reduction.I do hope volks can stand upto paras/shocks and BAR rifles now that obers are kaput.:)

They threw a few scrappings at wehr,but overall no real changes were made.Hope atleast mg42 works better.

Anyway let people play this,i don't see much improvement for wehr.If something does change,maybe i try.Till then,not worth it.
31 Mar 2015, 00:07 AM
Donator 33

Vet 5 is 0.7 modifier to cooldown and reload - NOT ACCURACY.
31 Mar 2015, 00:08 AM

It still has higher health and twice the damage.

It can take two extra shots, but it's still several speeds slower and harder to move around. And I would hope it has better damage when I'm playing a shitload of fuel for it!

Because OKW get absolutely nothing good for that first 120 fuel...

They do, but you still paying a shitload of fuel to get to it while a Soviet player just has to wait. Really isn't that hard when T2 and T1 give you everything you need.

Call in meta is fucked, KT should have been changed when all the heavies were, not just nerfed.

Incidentally, the change to the Jackson damage is a bit larger than it may seem. In reducing the damage by 40 it will take 4 penetrating shots to kill a P4 instead of 3. This is the same number of penetrating shots it takes for a T34 to kill a P4.

What is the point of the SU-85 and JPIV existing when we have a super TD that can sprint around the map doing 200 damage while being able to pen every single Axis tank in the game barring the KT with greater than 60% odds?
31 Mar 2015, 00:09 AM

Axis fan boys tears are delicious

Jacksons make ostheer armor less worth getting now. WTF SO f'ing dumb. Plus the pack howi is annoying enough as it is and now it supresses. And why no M8 Scott nerf. Those little shits are annoying as hell squad wiping everything that look at them.

The M8 Scott is also referred to as the HMC (Howitzer Motor Carriage). You might notice the HMC was nerfed in the patch notes.

TIME TO KICK SOME OKW ASS BABY!!!!!!!!!!! NO MORE STUPID OBERS !!!!!!!NO MORE OP STUPID PANTHER !!!!!!!!!

KT HIDE NOT SO THICK ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ITS TIME USF PLAYERS. ITS TIME!!!!!! UNLEASH ALL THAT FRUSTRATION!!!!!!REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHANT WITH ME !!! USA USA USA USA !!!!!!

Congratulations, you got this.Wehr got a few cosmetic changes,so u still got that matchup in the bag.And now OKW too.:thumbsup:

USA.USA.USA.
Honorary Member Badge

they do, but you still paying a shitload of fuel to get to it while a Soviet player just has to wait. Really isn't that hard when T2 and T1 give you everything you need.

Then include the cost of T1 and T2 in your calculation then; unless you think people are doing Con Spam into IS2s.
31 Mar 2015, 00:11 AM

Vet 5 is 0.7 modifier to cooldown and reload - NOT ACCURACY.

Glad she fixed the typo then lol.

Still though, goin to be lovin them rapid fire shreks!

Ostheer remains unloved except for the MG42, tears indeed :foreveralone:
31 Mar 2015, 00:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 00:09 AMCabreza

The M8 Scott is also referred to as the HMC (Howitzer Motor Carriage). You might notice the HMC was nerfed in the patch notes.

Yeah just noticed that so never mind.

For the months of its development:

NO change to Soviet call-in meta, so simply IS-2's all day every day as usual... I guess pesky problems playing against Soviets are toned down, and perhaps the PTRS will become the new uber weapon? Kappa

NO change to improve Ost tech. Not even a teensy manpower cost decrease...

Jacksons all day every day, except now they will pop heavy tanks and panthers without pesky deflections. Because Relic is so good at designing AT options for factions. Perhaps proper AT tactics against a 480 hp 130 armor tank will appear?

OKW... Honestly, the main thing i was happy for was ober LMG34 change and improved raketen. KT has 50 less armor... Huge nerf, KT actually has one AT weapon to worry about and that is the Jackson...

31 Mar 2015, 00:13 AM
Patrion 14

seems really nice. a lot of good chamges but also a lot of missing ones.

of course i am assuming monthly balance patch until fall like last year.
31 Mar 2015, 00:13 AM

Wehrmacht,and now OKW are dead horses.Have fun beating them around.:clap:
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak