Login

russian armor

Command Panther

PAGES (7)down
23 Mar 2015, 21:47 PM

I'm 90% sure the cmd panther has worse armor than the regular panther and might have less accuracy as well, it's been awhile since I've checked
23 Mar 2015, 21:50 PM

The Command Panther mark target is only usable by targets within it's range and doesn't provide sight like the Soviet mark target. The Soviet one is a global ability that you can use anywhere if any of your units see a tank.

The Command Panther also is limited to one, which is also pretty significant as well.

It would be nice if the exact values of ability's were listed somewhere like unit stats were :foreveralone: because the ability only describes the marked target taking increased fire.

The point remains that it doesn't scale as well, it's Vet bonus's focus on making the units around it better not the unit itself. The Command Panther also comes in later than the regular one does so it has less time to get better.

Yes it's still a Panther, but a regular Panther is not some uncounterable god, it's just a Tank Hunter with 800 health.

It doesnt need to scale at all! Guess why! Yes! Because Panthers are perfectly effective at vet 0 during all stages of the game!

And this panther also provides combat bonuses and has a mark target ability! And doesnt sacrifice raw gun power!

Well...thats balanced right? Its OKW after all.
23 Mar 2015, 22:00 PM

Personally I only had 2 times a command panther at vet 5, so trying to say how op it is at vet 5 is pretty ridiculous, because you hardly ever face one.

I addressed this comment directly in the first post. Vet 5 should not be an all out win option. In which case just have a button unlock when it hits vet 5 that let's you win the game outright.

Alex, I don't feel it necessary to address your comments because you have not made reasonable arguments.
23 Mar 2015, 22:00 PM

Game files cryptic as usual...

Mark Vehicle 80 muni duration 60 seconds

Coordinated fire 35 muni Lasts about... 25 or so seconds.

And "Coordinated fire" doesnt have its full description ingame. Its damage buff is for sure 1.5; two shots a Jackson.

23 Mar 2015, 22:29 PM

All of this bullshit for a unit that almost never sees play.

23 Mar 2015, 22:38 PM

Dont compare coordinated fire too much to mark target. Soviet version has a plane which spots and provides some vision. Hence name. So you can argue soviet ability is 2 in one also.
23 Mar 2015, 22:40 PM

Permanently Banned
Command panthers are OP, but fhqs, b4s, 4:50 minute m20s, and sniper spam isn't. I know y'all can't stand to not jump on the okw nerf train though.
23 Mar 2015, 22:40 PM

Cp have same stats as okw default panther, except worse acc on the move (0.65 vs 0.5), don't get vet bonuses (they all improve aura, but vet 2 gives same as normal panther +armor and health from skirts) and have free scopes.

My favorite unit, i use cp every 3v3/4v4 game. Fast, deadly, well-armed, cp is perfect rambo tank, able to take 1v1 every other heavy, 2-shot jacksons and make 1 volley of shreck blob kill is2, and with vet it will give insane buffs to other armor around. Once i got stolen scott with +acc buff from command panther, it oneshotted everything.

But it is OKW, so why you expect balance? Whole idea of giving faction with amazing at and best tanks panther with mark target and aura which buff those tanks even more is whole new level of balance success even for relic.
23 Mar 2015, 22:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Command panthers are OP, but fhqs, b4s, 4:50 minute m20s, and sniper spam isn't. I know y'all can't stand to not jump on the okw nerf train though.

Make threads for FHQ, B4s, M20s and Scout Sniper spam then?
Neo
23 Mar 2015, 22:51 PM

It's fine in 1s and 2s. Especially in 1s where you rarely get more than one heavy tank as OKW and/or almost never get that heavy tank to vet levels where it actually starts to affect infantry.

If you consider that this unit is extremely fuel expensive, I think it performs about right.

If people feel it is unbalanced in bigger team games, nerf its aura and buff its regular performance with vet.
23 Mar 2015, 22:57 PM

I addressed this comment directly in the first post. Vet 5 should not be an all out win option. In which case just have a button unlock when it hits vet 5 that let's you win the game outright.

Alex, I don't feel it necessary to address your comments because you have not made reasonable arguments.

What do you mean? The Command Panther's mark target ability doesn't last as long and as far as we know only increases the damage taken by the tank by a marginal amount more than the Soviet version.

The C-Panthers biggest benefit is the sight bonus it gives to your tanks, but many people are discounting the fact you can only have 1, and it can't be everywhere all the time. As far as "OP"ness goes it's not at all, it's a Panther that doesn't scale like a regular one in exchange for the Aura it has.

At only 30 less fuel than the IS2 and in a fuel starved faction the C-Panther is fine cost wise, really the only thing it might possibly need is removal of the overclock ability which allows it to slip away and kite very easy.

EDIT: In addition to the accuracy being different; it also has a longer reload time.
23 Mar 2015, 22:58 PM

I don't see the fuss people are raising. A panther at this point is a crucial part of an OKW armament, and just sort of something that's expected. The fact that this one arrives later, at the cost of other units, looks sorta goofy, and as a trade off, only might get the opportunity to provide some good buffs... I dunno, I don't see the fuss only "hey, it's another OKW unit, grab our pitchforks."

more seriously, can it accrue vet like the USF officers do?
23 Mar 2015, 23:03 PM

It gain vet from doing damage, and from troop training, lol. Also cp mark target increases received accuracy, or description says so, never tested it.
23 Mar 2015, 23:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What do you mean? The Command Panther's mark target ability doesn't last as long and as far as we know only increases the damage taken by the tank by a marginal amount more than the Soviet version.

Definitely not right to regard it as a marginal difference if it wouldn't be able to two-shot Jacksons with that 15% difference.

I don't have much experience with the unit and no other input on the matter, but the math is simple enough.
23 Mar 2015, 23:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 23:03 PMVuther

Definitely not right to regard it as a marginal difference if it wouldn't be able to two-shot Jacksons with that 15% difference.

I don't have much experience with the unit and no other input on the matter, but the math is simple enough.

The issue is the long reload time on the C-Panther means you can normally get your Jackson away in my experience.

The reload time is the longest of any turreted tank in the game I believe.
23 Mar 2015, 23:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The issue is the long reload time on the C-Panther means you can normally get your Jackson away in my experience.

The reload time is the longest of any turreted tank in the game I believe.

And the fact remains 135% damage wouldn't cause Jacksons to get two-shotted by a 160-damage AT weapons while 150% damage does.
23 Mar 2015, 23:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 23:07 PMVuther

And the fact remains 135% damage wouldn't cause Jacksons to get two-shotted by a 160-damage AT weapons while 150% damage does.

Again; this is a hypothetical situation. I almost never use the Market target on Jacksons, I use it on stuff like IS2's and T34/85's.
23 Mar 2015, 23:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm 90% sure the cmd panther has worse armor than the regular panther and might have less accuracy as well, it's been awhile since I've checked

Same armor, might have different acc on the move. Edit (someone said it)

@Alex: vet is basically the same besides last levels.

Vet0: Aura 20 sight range, +10% speed +10% ac/de-celeration
Vet1: Unlocks the 'Combat Blitz' ability
Vet2: +10% armour, +20% health +10% weapon rotation speed Aura: +20% accuracy
Vet3: -10% reload, +10% rotation speed +10% ac/de-celeration Aura: -20% reload
Vet4: Aura: +5 range
Vet5: Aura: Infantry affected too

Vet2: +10% armour, +20% health, +40% weapon rotation speed
Vet3: -30% reload, +20% rotation speed, +30% ac/de-celeration
Vet4: +10% range -25% scatter
Vet5: +53.85% accuracy on the move, +45.8% sight range
23 Mar 2015, 23:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Same armor, might have different acc on the move. Edit (someone said it)

@Alex: vet is basically the same besides last levels.

Vet0: Aura 20 sight range, +10% speed +10% ac/de-celeration
Vet2: +10% armour, +20% health +10% weapon rotation speed Aura: +20% accuracy
Vet3: -10% reload, +10% rotation speed +10% ac/de-celeration Aura: -20% reload
Vet4: Aura: +5 range
Vet5: Aura: Infantry affected too

Vet2: +10% armour, +20% health, +40% weapon rotation speed
Vet3: -30% reload, +20% rotation speed, +30% ac/de-celeration
Vet4: +10% range -25% scatter
Vet5: +53.85% accuracy on the move, +45.8% sight range

The Command Panther isn't affected by its own aura though right? So the -20% reload that went into the aura is still a pretty legitimate difference between the it and the base one?
23 Mar 2015, 23:35 PM

Again; this is a hypothetical situation. I almost never use the Market target on Jacksons, I use it on stuff like IS2's and T34/85's.

This makes no sense. Of course by definition it is hypothetical this is a forum. Also just because you use it to beat on IS2 and T34/85's because you don't understand how powerful it is to be able to 2 shot a jackson does not make the ability worse. It is also a hypothetical situation that a Jackson shoots at a PIV with MT.

I am not complaining that the CmP ability is too good (though it is very good) I am complaining that in larger games a unit designed to buff only your own armor is too effective because it helps everyone.

We are not asking for nerfs we are asking the unit be in line with other units! You should not have a elephant that moves faster shoots faster, is more accurate, and see farther. While the Allies have...literally NOTHING like this.

Please stop saying fuel starved. You can convert munitions to fuel, and you only need to upgrade volks so in fact OKW has some of the most efficient fuel costs in the entire faction design.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 19
New Zealand 6
South Africa 3
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L