Login

russian armor

Schwerer so broken, will it be fixed in the upcoming patch?

PAGES (19)down
15 Mar 2015, 09:19 AM
Donator 11

OKW will never become worthless as they have the best units in the game
15 Mar 2015, 10:08 AM

As an AT in 4's it's stupid easy to beat anyone as any faction.

Since I promised you T34/76 in action in 4s... There you go, enjoy :)

Quick, very active, good presence, everywhere, rush-kill-retreat combined with unusual commander.

And the massive crush at 24:45... You wont do such amazing things with ISU or IS2.

15 Mar 2015, 10:10 AM

I think OKW is the only faction do following Getting X Giving up Y, like the PE.
15 Mar 2015, 10:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 10:10 AMPorygon
I think OKW is the only faction do following Getting X Giving up Y, like the PE.

And can You develop this thought? Cause Im sure USF and Soviets have to give up something to get other stuff, but OKW?
15 Mar 2015, 10:20 AM

Getting Stuka early, means there are no JP4 or panther for a long period of time, isn't it?

Or rushing Panther, there are almost no other panzer at earlier game, non you can squeeze a KT JT for some time.

Both USF and soviet tech locked units can be solved by call in.
Ostheer get everything but everything are subpar.
15 Mar 2015, 10:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 10:20 AMPorygon
Getting Stuka early, means there are no JP4 or panther for a long period of time, isn't it?

Or rushing Panther, there are almost no other panzer at earlier game, non you can squeeze a KT JT for some time.

Both USF and soviet tech locked units can be solved by call in.
Ostheer get everything but everything are subpar.

I belive, in 1v1 no one get early Stuka. Puma, flaktruck yes, but Stuka? I don't think so.

In 1v1 I ve never seen Stuka and by myself I sued only once to get rid of FPs ATs and MGs but it was late-game.

When you rush Panther, you dont need any other armor. Schrecks are more than enough I guess.
No matter what, you always have access to very good AT and AI units.

But what you described is different king of giving up units.
It's about chosing units, not chosing tiers. Chosing units is more flexible than tiers.

All tiers have AT and AI units. You give up Puma but you have Jadgpanzer. You give up Jadgpanzer but you have Panther etc.

When you give up Cpt, you have no AT, unless you gor for Airborne, but going for Airborne everytime you get Major is not good design.

You give up AT mines for AT gun. You dont get anything in exchange.

USF suffer most from this.
15 Mar 2015, 11:34 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I saw this was invised, but without any closing mod comment

Therefore I cannot tell if this was an accident or not

By the power invested in me by the Stavka I have re-vised it.

If that is wrong I'm sure a real mod will be along shortly

In the meantime play nice please

15 Mar 2015, 12:08 PM

So I guess, according to your statement, Jesulin is a really bad player since he was not able to kill Schwerer in a game vs Paula.

Have I stated this somewhere? Like I said previously a good okw player will place the schwere near the base. The schwere panzer hq was placed just outside the base, far enough to protect the base cut off.
Unless Jesulin could've base pinned Paul, there was no way to destroy it. Why has it to be eventually destroyed? If you place it defensively near the base there is no need for it to be destroyed, unless you think protecting the base cut off is "Ultra aggressive".

So or so it was not a lone Schwere Panzer HQ, placed somewhere completely aggressively. And ultimately Jesulin won, so bad example for your claim.
15 Mar 2015, 12:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 06:24 AMAladdin

back in coh1 you could move trucks anytime u wanted or felt unsafe lol, and back in coh1 the economy for that faction wasn't 66% fuel 80 % compared to other factions.

u can't simply compare back in coh1 with coh2 bro!

thats why im saying that it was coh1. read my damn post.

doesnt change the fact that its a stupid idea.
15 Mar 2015, 12:17 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

One post invised by another staff member for alleged breach of NDA, - follow-up post citing same post also invised for that reason.

Please do not breach the NDA :) - this applies equally if someone from the beta tells you stuff they should not have imparted.

Back to topic
15 Mar 2015, 12:19 PM

He won, but that's not the point.
Point is, he was unable to take out Schwerer.

That is exactly the point! Soviet is the strongest faction in the game.

It's interesting that many high level players say that, but lower level/skilled players love to say OKW is op

And what's funny here?

I saw many hugh lvls replays with double MG34 with (both counted) 30kills.

what is funny?! "amazing"!!! lmao!!!! :D floating manpower!! loooool

I guess you missed the point where I said that they might be avaible since 2 trucks, not all.

Obviously you missed the point bro!! what's the difference with 2 trucks! 40 fuels! (if you wanna access panzer hq, which is the game 90% of the times)
15 Mar 2015, 12:30 PM
Donator 11

He won, but that's not the point.
Point is, he was unable to take out Schwerer.

I only saw the mid / late game, and it looked like he didn't even try to take it out. Instead he just let a Mortar constantly fire on it, forcing Paul to repair it, and losing SPios entities or even full squads to the shelling - which is really expensive over time.

That he won IS the whole point.

Edit: but hey, maybe Jesulin himself can enlighten you on his thoughts.
15 Mar 2015, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 12:19 PMAladdin

It's interesting that many high level players say that, but lower level/skilled players love to say OKW is op
what is funny?! "amazing"!!! lmao!!!! :D floating manpower!! loooool

Obviously you missed the point bro!! what's the difference with 2 trucks! 40 fuels! (if you wanna access panzer hq, which is the game 90% of the times)

Im not deying that Soviets are best.
They are, and while Im not playing 1v1 all the time, I hae=ve best ratio as Soviets.

So you want to say that you have never had 700MP float as OKW?

And there are many other ways.
2 Trucks but price lowered to 160fuel, or 3 trucks and then only 100 fuel. Many many ways...

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 12:30 PMkamk

I only saw the mid / late game, and it looked like he didn't even try to take it out. Instead he just let a Mortar constantly fire on it, forcing Paul to repair it, and losing SPios entities or even full squads to the shelling - which is really expensive over time.

That he won IS the whole point.

Edit: but hey, maybe Jesulin himself can enlighten you on his thoughts.

The point is, cut off is untouchable once Schwerer is there (and capping points is main feature) and killing it especially as USF is just pure pain.

Soviets can have 81, 120, ZiS, T70 to spot, but USF? Pack howie which means 480MP, no at mines, no M20 and Craptain tier only.
15 Mar 2015, 13:02 PM
Donator 11

The point is, cut off is untouchable once Schwerer is there (and capping points is main feature) and killing it especially as USF is just pure pain.

Soviets can have 81, 120, ZiS, T70 to spot, but USF? Pack howie which means 480MP, no at mines, no M20 and Craptain tier only.

Scotts? Jackson and attack ground? Shermans? AT with attack ground? Bit of damage and offmaps?

I've even seen people blow it up with just infantry, via smokes and demos.

Btw.: it's usually helpful to have different playstyles. Cutoff is nice, bleeding the enemy to death is nicer. :D
15 Mar 2015, 13:16 PM

Im not deying that Soviets are best.
They are, and while Im not playing 1v1 all the time, I hae=ve best ratio as Soviets.

So you want to say that you have never had 700MP float as OKW?

And there are many other ways.
2 Trucks but price lowered to 160fuel, or 3 trucks and then only 100 fuel. Many many ways...

you may or may not float mp with any faction you play. it depends on ur game style, how much u need to reinforce, etc. But you are saying that like it's a matter of face ("...since OKW is floating with MP").

The thing is that those P4s are useless in most cases. They are useless against usf, they perish too quickly against SU, and most soviet tanks. and if you have played OKW with their economy, you know losing a tank hurts more and can be more punishing. that's why I suggest if you wanna get better microing with ur tanks play OKW! kappa! ;)
15 Mar 2015, 16:52 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 12:19 PMAladdin

i think that just proves Jesulin is #1.

If i remember correctly, Jesulin's mortar was focusing Schwerer almost obsessively in my mind. But of course, just because OKW player bothered to put Schwerer behind a shot blocker which meant quarter of the map was inaccessible by Jesulin and to destroy it, he would had to commit heavily, leaving his flank open to fresh rapage by OKW blob.

its just bad design imo.
15 Mar 2015, 21:26 PM

How can you Axis ONLY players be so blind that the Schwerer just locks down fuel for allotted time? How can you defend this? The basic mechanic of cutting fuel off and aggressive play is part of the coh2 formula. I am sure if you play Wehrmacht, you have to constantly worry about your own fuel point, but OKW?

I cannot wait for that March patch, so OKW can be competitive and not easy win 90% of the time.
15 Mar 2015, 21:28 PM

How can you Axis ONLY players be so blind that the Schwerer just locks down fuel for allotted time?

Because they have not played against it a single time and have no slightest idea how it really works duuh.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS