Login

russian armor

Let's Make USA Easier to Play Late Game

10 Mar 2015, 03:59 AM

INSTEAD OF FIXING THE GAME LET'S GIVE USF COMMANDERS THAT THEY HAVE TO USE TO REMAIN COMPETITIVE

- Alex "sturmfront" zandvar

Yeah every faction needs a rework, but the likelihood of that happening in 0 so I'm proposing a more reasonable change.

USF needs commanders that actually bring something to the table.
10 Mar 2015, 04:14 AM

Permanently Banned
OKW commander that give them full resources

While

USF gets a heavy tank commander with rangers.

Edit: OKW recieve a huge mp penalty like sov industry.

All usf crews are disabled
10 Mar 2015, 04:16 AM

Well I guess if you want OKW and USF players to never use any other commander in the game.
10 Mar 2015, 04:19 AM

I don't get your argument.

Tank Crews are THE BEST Part of USF tanks, the fact that I don't have to build or maintain engineers squads (RE) at any point of the game is ridiculously good. The fact that I can LITERALLY SPAWN a repair team on my tank at any time, not to mention ONE OF THE MOST BROKEN ABILITIES IN THE GAME, EMERGENCY REPAIR is a really good win for USF.

USF does not have any problems with heavy armor as long as a healthy amount of Jacksons are on the field and in building production. In fact, one of the easiest ways to win in team games is to spam Jacksons, because Axis players always go for the sexy KT and T, and my Jacksons murder the heavy tanks repeatedly until their economy is empty.

The tanks that fuck up USF are not heavy Tanks like the Tigers, but the long range tanks destroyers, Elephant and Jagdtiger(or however its spelled) These long range tank destroyers are THE TRUE TANKS THAT USF HAS ZERO COUNTER OUTSIDE P47 STRAFE.

If you are having problems microing Jacksons, I suggest mapping all of your current and future Jacksons to a control group, and using the reverse key religiously. If you are having problems with Volk shreck blobs, upgrade your rifles with browning/bars and keep them in front= remember, volk vet only makes them tanker, they dont get any bonus damage outside accuracy bonuses,(and their accuracy and damage with their rifles suck to begin with, plus a they are a rifle short with Shrecks) so your rifles will still chew through them easily with proper equipment.
10 Mar 2015, 04:21 AM

Yeah every faction needs a rework, but the likelihood of that happening in 0 so I'm proposing a more reasonable change.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000... I think you get the point, the current design of the factions are pretty garbage, but as explained already it won't occur. Yet SO many good ideas have been proposed by the community yet RELIC KNOWNS BEST for the game :loco:
10 Mar 2015, 04:45 AM

INSTEAD OF FIXING THE GAME LET'S GIVE USF COMMANDERS THAT THEY HAVE TO USE TO REMAIN COMPETITIVE

- Alex "sturmfront" zandvar

Worked for the Soviets

:(:(
10 Mar 2015, 05:21 AM

Many of USF commanders have no good late abilities. Adding new commanders will be just waste of time. USF need a good not doctrinal late game unit. Reworking health of 50 cal crew and at guns will be good to, because they are dying from a single grenadier granade. Or we need good late units in doctrines, but it is soviet story.
10 Mar 2015, 05:35 AM

I would like to see the Jackson made into a doctrinal unit so its potential as a 90mm tank destroyer can actually be captured. Would like to see it replaced with the M10 as stock(with some buffs)

Finally would be nice if both USF and OBK both got standardized tiering and teching with the vanilla factions I believe doing that would go a very long way in helping to balance out the game.....

edit: Alexvandar who is the individual in your signature and what are they trying to say?
10 Mar 2015, 05:35 AM

I'm in favor of a lot of changes mentioned in this thread.

On the subject of doctrinal heavy tanks for USF, I have one suggestion.

Make it a command tank.

This keeps it from ending up like every other doctrinal callin heavy strat. I like the concept of USF using multiple mobile, coordinated vehicles in fights led by a durable frontline tank rather than just spamming a fat wannabe IS-2.

Give it something like mobility + penetration or rate of fire, and a mark vehicle similar to the command panther. Maybe an ability like "flanking speed" that speeds up all other tanks to get those rear armor hits or kite charging panthers.
10 Mar 2015, 06:11 AM

edit: Alexvandar who is the individual in your signature and what are they trying to say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBZTOzR7aTU

Queen of Bias :snfMarcus:
10 Mar 2015, 07:16 AM

USF pershing = better version of Soviet IS2 with crit repair for 10 MU.

Theres a reason why Relic didnt include them in the game.

Just for late game callin balance design,I would prefer if Relic "upgrade" shermen M4E8 to a heavy tank equivalent to german panther tank and call it a day.

For all we know, Relic might be buffing (T3) medium armor so that they are much more potent late game which will indirectly discourage call-in meta.

10 Mar 2015, 07:19 AM

Even though I enjoy USF. I raise my hat to you. That's probably the best summary of problems with USF.

And in my opinion one of the best solutions should be to remove the shreks from volks. But this is probably not the thread where that is discussed. :)
10 Mar 2015, 09:24 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2015, 01:05 AMVuther
It would be much better to reduce micro of vehicle crews by giving them an option to automatically hop back in after fully repairing than totally gutting the mechanic. It is legitimately a ridiculously cool new mechanic that is a defining point to the USF.

I agree with this. the ONLY reason I would not want to automatically re-crew is if I want that crew to repair another vehicle which it seems like would be doable with auto re-crew. think of how medics from ambulance will auto-heal but if you give them a command they stop.

Sarantini said USF has no gimmicks for their armor to escape but, although I agree with the main topic that USF require a little too much micro, I must beg to differ. Sherman can fire smoke rounds and the M8 Scott gets not only a free smoke barrage but also Panzer Tactician at vet 1.

Sarantini did nail it on USF popcap being one of their biggest weaknesses.

10 Mar 2015, 09:36 AM

My favorite thing about USF crews when you order mixed group of damaged and undamaged tanks pull back, leave them and forget to click repairs individually, then all crews form full hp tanks abandon their tanks and run across half of the screen to repair one other tank you previously pulled back here and already repairing. Thats just... uhhh.
10 Mar 2015, 10:09 AM

Well, its how USF is.

I always find myself in ultra-quick-micro-everything mode, thinking around corners and pulling off ballsy and creative maneuvers to...

well, just to counter OKW infantry, or the OKW infantry in general, which mostly consists of 3 or 4 unit types.

And then boom, panther or kt comes, have fun dealing with that while Schreckblobs (vetted ofc) and 2 Obers roam the field.

The good thing is that it makes USF more fun to play, despite the micro demanding design. You can do way more fun and creative stuff than with OKW. Because when you try to as OKW, you either dont have the resources or you get wiped pretty quickly.
10 Mar 2015, 10:14 AM
Patrion 15

I like the challenge of playing USF, but I do I agree that they could do with a little buff in some places but I don't think adding a Pershing or Jumbo Sherman would add much to them other than making every USF player use the same commander.

That said, I'd much rather Relic added a Pershing than took away the decrew and repair ability...that is way too useful.
10 Mar 2015, 11:30 AM

Make vehicle crews to automatically jump back in when repair is done.

And something for OKW even if it's :ot: maybe:

once a retreat point is upgraded at T2, I don't see the point in clicking another command to finaly establish the retreat point. I mean why the heck did you upgrade it for? Not to establish it at your T2?
10 Mar 2015, 12:32 PM

If you have not learned by now, then let me tell you:
Adding commanders DOES NOT FIX BALANCE PROBLEMS.
It CREATES THEM.
FACTION THAT REQUIRES COMMANDERS TO OPERATE AGAINST STOCK UNITS IS A FACTION WITH A HUGE DESIGN FLAW.

Capital letters, so it will be more clear for you.
10 Mar 2015, 13:26 PM

US need more micro than other factions late game? That's news to me, I never really considered pressing U a couple of times to solo all Wehr armour with a Jackson to be that micro intensive.

If anything the T-34/76, SU-85, Jagdpanzer are all much harder to use than American tanks, and you also lack the instant engine repair and smoke to get you out of jail.

I think the real problem here is most US whiners do not know how to play their own faction after the game develops past rifle spam. M20 mines are ridiculously powerful against Panthers/King tigers and render them useless when they roll over one. A single jackson will completely shut down Axis meduim armour and double Jacksons will turn a Tiger into a smoking wreck as it struggles to get in range. Howitzer carriages and HE Shermans will decimate shrek blobs because you can kite faster than they can pursue, the former being OP imo for its meagre cost.

If any faction is gimped late game it is soviets, the only reason they are currently competitive is because of doctrinal IS-2's and the T-34/85.
10 Mar 2015, 13:37 PM

Pershing should not have crew repair ability, this will be a bit OP for a heavy tank.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★