Login

russian armor

Queuing up orders with SHIFT

8 Mar 2015, 17:13 PM
Donator 11

But sometimes I want to actually open the overlay >_>

It happens only first time you use shift after alt-tabbing or showing overlay, the easy way to cope with this issue without blocking overlay is to hit and hold shift button at the very beginning of the game, just after issuing first orders. The overlay will show up and hide itself, then you can unhold your shift and use it normally till the end of the match, it never shows up twice. (As long as you don't use overlay during game but who does that?). Just remember not to issue shift orders during that first "overlay shift" as game doesn't record it's pressed then.
8 Mar 2015, 18:20 PM
Donator 11

SO TOXIC THREAD
8 Mar 2015, 22:58 PM

It happens only first time you use shift after alt-tabbing or showing overlay, the easy way to cope with this issue without blocking overlay is to hit and hold shift button at the very beginning of the game, just after issuing first orders. The overlay will show up and hide itself, then you can unhold your shift and use it normally till the end of the match, it never shows up twice. (As long as you don't use overlay during game but who does that?). Just remember not to issue shift orders during that first "overlay shift" as game doesn't record it's pressed then.
Me, I use it to read on some websites.
Neo
8 Mar 2015, 23:12 PM

+1 to toxicity
9 Mar 2015, 01:03 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2015, 22:58 PMsteel
Me, I use it to read on some websites.

Sry, by during game I ment during match. I guess you don't use it during match, do you?
9 Mar 2015, 08:22 AM

Is it so hard to start a match with easy AI and test it????
for me it wasn't and if you read my earlier post you will notice that the problem has nothing to do with lag. It is a BUG.

Read my earlier post or test it, just stop writing some random things.

The game has many problems but to add new ones that do not exist is just stupid.
I am not saying that this is not a problem, i am just saying that the reason why that happens is falsely described.

RELIC, please comment on this or just fix it.
9 Mar 2015, 08:28 AM

same problems ... + units respond with a delay to moving orders .. so you have trouble dodging nades and such
9 Mar 2015, 08:30 AM
Patrion 28

Sry, by during game I ment during match. I guess you don't use it during match, do you?

i use the overlay if i get messages during a game.
9 Mar 2015, 09:53 AM
Donator 11

i use the overlay if i get messages during a game.

Ok, if you use then you just have to repeat the shift holding procedure, but i understand it takes time that is precious in that game.
9 Mar 2015, 10:43 AM
Patrion 28

i've personally never run into the issue before (read: can't remember noticing it) but the issue isn't "precious time", it's that most people will not remember that their shift click doesn't work after that specific instance.
9 Mar 2015, 11:33 AM

oh man, I am soo glad that others have problems with this too.

Whenever something went wrong with shifting orders I mostly came to the conclusion "It's yourself, unable to press keys properly bescaue... well, you gettin old!"

@IpKai:
Yay, gladly we get a shop instead. lol.
9 Mar 2015, 14:05 PM

Works fine for me. Make sure you're clicking on the point itself and not the centimeter of dirt directly north-northwest of the flag. Well-trained combat troops tend to get turned around fairly easily, even in the face of massive flag poles with large colored borders painted on the ground around them.
9 Mar 2015, 14:26 PM

I do. It has costed me some squads because of reading stuff at bbc.com and losing track of my squads.
9 Mar 2015, 14:48 PM

Come on, having Internet access is quite useful during the game

I mean not for 1v1s, but it is perfect for waiting through these 4v4s where I spam Wehr snipers and LeFHs just to get achievements

I'm not a masochist, am I
10 Mar 2015, 13:27 PM

the little micro lags and the stutters when you select different units

I wish this and command stickyness (multiunits move and then selecting one of the units for single move and still everyone does this=hello blobwalking into fog of war mg fire suppression & every single unit has to retreat) would go away more than anything.
10 Mar 2015, 13:39 PM

Yep, specially annoying when they don't finish capping a flag and you have to go back.

Usually my shift key works for queuing up orders, but sometimes capping orders with support weapons don't work properly, i.e. they go to cap, then after a few seconds leave while in the middle of capping a point.
10 Mar 2015, 15:13 PM

Luvnest, did you experience issues with queuing up orders for Soviet snipers?
10 Mar 2015, 16:16 PM

I don't know if this is the case still but I remember you couldn't shift-queue a vehicle disembark order with Americans.

The order would always be executed immediately. As far as I know this is the only order that can't be queued.

Another annoying 'feature' is that you can't immediately queue a vehicle disembark-->repair-->re-embark. You have to wait a good two seconds for the vehicle to change state to abandoned before issuing the embark order. That's a painstakingly long delay in the heat of battle.
12 Mar 2015, 02:06 AM
Patrion 28

and also when trying to abuse the old in-and-out bug.
12 Mar 2015, 23:39 PM

Yep, I feel your pain.

yes to all.

I have, it's very fucking annoying.

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2015, 17:22 PMSpanky
I have, quite annoying.

Yep, specially annoying when they don't finish capping a flag and you have to go back.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★