Login

russian armor

Queuing up orders with SHIFT

7 Mar 2015, 20:10 PM
Patrion 14

i think it might have to do with the game's sluggy responsiveness to player's input.

i do not know how to put this clearly, but ill do my best.

ever since the launch, i assigned numbers to my squad. i.e. 1st con is "1", 2nd con is "2". i noticed when i got "1" selected, and switch to "2" using the keyboard and immidiately give any command order, i.e. move order, i noticed that the move order gets assigned to "1".

i experience this since launch along with the shift ordering. and weirdly, as Cookiezncreem said, when I focus when using shift ordering, it works perfectly fine.

just my theory.
7 Mar 2015, 20:49 PM

Yea, I've lost many vehicles because order queuing reverse move doesn't work... like at all. The vehicle will reverse for the first couple orders, than turn as slow as a fucking fatass sloth on edibles resulting in a ton of juicy rear armor hits for my opponent's AT and tanks.

Also, I can't queue up move orders for the OKW truck when trying to crush cover :guyokay:. If you queue up move orders close together (especially with vehicles), you get some half-assed attempt by the unit to follow those orders.

And the very best? Queuing up capture orders during/before a micro intensive fight, only to find out that the unit has skipped 1 or 2 of those orders and is now way out of position and getting destroyed by the enemy.

Pls.
7 Mar 2015, 20:52 PM
Patrion 14

^ experience all of those, too.

on the tank one, it seems like it does not matter if you shift queue. if you click far enough back, it will always try to turn and face where it is going.
7 Mar 2015, 20:55 PM

Experienced all of them.
7 Mar 2015, 21:19 PM
Patrion 14

I've got 99 problems with CoH2 right now, but queueing orders ain't one.
7 Mar 2015, 22:16 PM

the worst part is when the mini-map icons are too large and too close together. so you never know what you're actually clicking :snfBarton:
7 Mar 2015, 22:38 PM

the worst part is when the mini-map icons are too large and too close together. so you never know what you're actually clicking :snfBarton:

Especially on the maps with CP's right next to each other and i have to move the camera over there as i can only click on one of them on the minimap.
8 Mar 2015, 04:24 AM
Patrion 15

Yes to all the problems. The queing when getting out of houses is the worse one when you tell units to retreat after getting out.
8 Mar 2015, 04:50 AM

Ohhhhhhhh.... I was never paying too much attention to this in game. I thought it was my fault every time this happened, but maybe not???
8 Mar 2015, 04:53 AM

Happens to me. I've stopped using shift

Plus every time I hit shift (ONLY SHIFT, NOT TAB) steam pops up.
8 Mar 2015, 06:12 AM

Haven't as yet noticed this.

What I have noticed is the number of times units throwing grenades freeze up and you have to do another order to cancel the grenade is steadily growing higher, seems to happen more with molotovs but really its happened with all my grenades...
8 Mar 2015, 08:43 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

It works on the tactical map, but when on map, the unit only executes the last command.
8 Mar 2015, 08:46 AM

Happens to me. I've stopped using shift

Plus every time I hit shift (ONLY SHIFT, NOT TAB) steam pops up.

Steam->Company of Heroes 2->Properties->Look for something like disable ingame overlay. Now go and live your life anew with your shift key ready to serve
8 Mar 2015, 08:47 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Looks like I wasn't the only one experiencing this :D
8 Mar 2015, 09:19 AM

It's the lagg, luvnest. Because the game has auch a weak performance, No matter of how good your system is, it will sometimes still fail to tale into account your commands. I tried different performance settings, it brought dome improvements, but it didn't totally solved the issue. So yeah, it's Relic's fault again.
8 Mar 2015, 09:26 AM

I've never experienced this, but I don't queue cap orders to support weapons. On infantry and vehicles it works just fine for me.
8 Mar 2015, 09:56 AM
Benefactor 115

Never had a problem with this.
You guys know that if you lift the shift key and then queue something again it will cancel the first queue, right?
8 Mar 2015, 10:24 AM

Steam->Company of Heroes 2->Properties->Look for something like disable ingame overlay. Now go and live your life anew with your shift key ready to serve

But sometimes I want to actually open the overlay >_>
8 Mar 2015, 12:14 PM

Vehicles take shift-orders more as suggestions than actual orders. If you order your vehicle to move from point A to B and back again using shift, it will never actually reach point B but stop and turn back to point A when it's only 75% of the way.
8 Mar 2015, 17:02 PM

While we're at it - I've noticed the shift click fail too - anyone else have issues with the tactical map not switching to the battle map when double clicking?

I usually have to spam clicks, so I'm trying to get in the habit of selecting a squad then using the hotkey (which I have mapped to a mouse button) but it's just annoying.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★