Login

russian armor

Queuing up orders with SHIFT

7 Mar 2015, 17:18 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Hey guys,

do you have issues with queuing up orders with shift? I got the feeling that it doesn't work properly every time, making it a bit unreliable for me.

Here are some things I experienced:
  • Units with multiple capture orders or movement orderes (all queued up of course) just exectute the last one
  • Support weapons, AT Guns and similar units with queued up capture orders walk up to a point but immediately go on with the next order in the queue without capturing the point
  • SHIFT clicked garrison orders wont be executed correctly, leaving the squad in front of the building without garrisoning it

These are just some points, I think in all the time I played COH2 there were other examples I can't think of right now.

Have you guys experienced something similar? I know Siberian has.
7 Mar 2015, 17:22 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I have, quite annoying.
7 Mar 2015, 17:25 PM
Benefactor 115

I have, it's very fucking annoying.
7 Mar 2015, 17:30 PM
Patrion 14

yes to all.
7 Mar 2015, 17:35 PM
Patrion 14

Yep, I feel your pain.
7 Mar 2015, 17:39 PM

If I order something in tactical map, it's ok but when on map, unit executes lat command.

Although I think it's not that useful. Why? Because sending squad to cap few points in the beggining, when nothing is happening and when you can easily command units while in late game you can't use that because of s-mines for example and brainless excecuting orders.

In other words, in the beggining you have enought time to command.
In late game you have to command because of mines and other traps.
7 Mar 2015, 17:40 PM
Benefactor 115

Just wanted to add that little bugs like this and the pathing issues and abilities not firing and the little micro lags and the stutters when you select different units really really make this game unbearable to play after a few games.

Never mind we're getting a shop instead, yay?
7 Mar 2015, 17:41 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

And I thought my SHIFT key was broken.

Never mind we're getting a shop instead, yay?

Yay.
7 Mar 2015, 17:50 PM
Patrion 27

I haven't tested vigorously enough with this but it seems that units have a threshold for how many orders they can be queued, something like 4 before they say "garden it" and just execute the last one given.
7 Mar 2015, 17:51 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I haven't tested vigorously enough with this but it seems that units have a threshold for how many orders they can be queued, something like 4 before they say "garden it" and just execute the last one given.

Maybe you haven't fed them enough pudding?
7 Mar 2015, 17:58 PM

I didnt experience any issues with this
7 Mar 2015, 18:06 PM

I've only experienced the last one, problems with queuing garrison. Sometimes I feel like units ignoring one order in chain-capture orders, but I'm not sure if I forgot to order them, or if it's a bug.
7 Mar 2015, 18:20 PM

I only had the one with the AT gun capturing a point. I thought that the AT guns could not shift/cap by design.
About garrison units with shift order, i think they stop, when the opponent entered a building (does not matter if he un-garrisoned), before all shift orders are complete. Maybe i am totally wrong with this.
7 Mar 2015, 18:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yep, specially annoying when they don't finish capping a flag and you have to go back.
7 Mar 2015, 18:30 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I didnt experience any issues with this

Hm interesting. This is the fact why I waited with this thread for so long. Because I wasn't sure whether I'm just too dumb to hit the SHIFT key properly or if it's just the game.

Yep, specially annoying when they don't finish capping a flag and you have to go back.

Oh, I feel you.
7 Mar 2015, 18:37 PM
Donator 11

the capping part is most annyoing...
And i've always thought i sometimes don't click the shift key properly.
o_O
7 Mar 2015, 18:46 PM

Tested against AI (only as Soviets).

The sure thing is that Maxims and ZIS guns don't shift/cap. They go to each strategic point but continue right away to the next one. Its like on normal shift/move order. It doesn't matter if you click on the mini map or onmap. Funny thing, the mortars can shift/cap :loco: . But this is not the best part. All tree support weapons can shift/cap when you give the orders on the strategic map :facepalm:
7 Mar 2015, 18:56 PM
Donator 11

I never experienced any issues with it but the truth is that queuing capping orders for more than 2 points is just stupid because you have to click on the flag itself (if you do not the order is treated as move order and units don't wait to cap) so units clumb up around it making them super easy to wipe with rifle nades, tanks or mortars.

Lately I use it almost only on semoisky or in 3v3 and 4v4.
7 Mar 2015, 19:17 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I have all these issues

It seems if you're clicky clicking uber pro micro really fast,you dont notice that you click the ground NEAR the point on the minimap instead of the point itself,so the squad just walks next to the point instead of capping it.

Or you dont press shift hard enough or something. When im really careful,these 'glitches' dont happen,but when im in the heat i dont have time to make sure i click the right milimeter on the minimap.

"But sir you told us to walk JUST past this point to make sure it was Okay and then capture this other one!!"
7 Mar 2015, 19:23 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Hm well I play SC2 at the same time and never have issues with Shift orders. Also I only use the tactical map and I'm pretty sure I hit the point itself and not the surroundings (you get another feedback animation when capturing a point aswell).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★