Login

russian armor

ostheer CAS overperforming.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
11 Mar 2015, 16:47 PM

I think it would be fine if we had STUG in place of Panther actually. That would make Command Panther unique too.

Which StuG? balanced for AT,AI or both? the JadgPanzer IV is basically a Stig IV designed from a different manufacturer. Personally I wish the OBK Panther was replaced with the Panther Ausf F which was almost ready and a few hulls were made but it never saw the light of day.....

were getting kinda off topic here........:ot:
11 Mar 2015, 16:51 PM

Put it behind something what blocks sight and wait for blob. I don't see any micro.
I guess you have bad knowledge what micro is.

Take a Sherman and kitting Volks, all the time you need short reverses.
Same for M8.
And while doing this, you need to use your infantry as well.
Or Jackson. Move, shoot, fall back, attak through flank, coordinate it with infantry.

Sturmtiger does not need even half of that micro.
It's the least built unit not because of micro but because of utility.
It won't save you from 3 Shermans but Panther will.
It won't save you from blob cause it's very easy to avoid.

The only time Sturmtiger is useful is when you are playing agasint total newbie or when your enemy is blobbing hard, and you hide Sturmtiger behind something so we wont see and them boom, blob vanished.

But this does not need a micro.
Keeping unit behind and waiting for enemy.
It's like you would say that Jadgtiger needs micro. It just sits and snipes.

OKW unit which needs a micro is for example Puma but nor Sturmtiger.

I think the distinction should be made, that if you want to be effective with a Jadgtiger or Sturmtiger you need to micro the unit. You sure can sit it somewhere and have it do nothing, but then it's just a waste of fuel.

And the Sturmtiger is for assaulting fortified positions and killing support weapons, not that you would know that...
11 Mar 2015, 16:55 PM

I think the distinction should be made, that if you want to be effective with a Jadgtiger or Sturmtiger you need to micro the unit. You sure can sit it somewhere and have it do nothing, but then it's just a waste of fuel.

And the Sturmtiger is for assaulting fortified positions and killing support weapons, not that you would know that...

I think all those destroyed Shermans and Jacksons are bigger waste of fuel that an unit in a wrong place
11 Mar 2015, 16:56 PM

What we are trying to put into this thick skull of yours is that these units does not require micro if you compare them to Allies Units.

Deal with it.
11 Mar 2015, 16:56 PM

Please just close this thread already. Most people disagree with CAS being OP and the other people just talk about other random crap.

PLEASE. CLOSE.
11 Mar 2015, 16:57 PM

I think all those destroyed Shermans and Jacksons are bigger waste of fuel that an unit in a wrong place

If you have ever played on a map with a lot of shot blockers, you would know the Jadgtiger isn't exactly peaches and cream to keep shooting/effective. It's extremely slow speed means that if your getting flanked then you need to be extremely quick on the reaction to moving it.
11 Mar 2015, 16:59 PM

Put Jadgtiger on the island (Steps) and watch it sniping incoming tanks without any micro. Secure sides with mines and the party begins.

I have a friend who is using very nice playstale.
Defensive commander, sandbags, little AT guns etc. he would love to see Strumtiger attacking his positions. I give 15-20sec for ST before it dies.

Stuka is doing everything better if we are talking about support weapons.

fortified positions? It's like allies have bunkers, paks43 or anything fortified...

If you using Strumtiger so often, I would like to see replay with pro Sturmtiger usage but of course not against total noob.

If you have ever played on a map with a lot of shot blockers, you would know the Jadgtiger isn't exactly peaches and cream to keep shooting/effective. It's extremely slow speed means that if your getting flanked then you need to be extremely quick on the reaction to moving it.

And how excatly you want to move it when your ennemy blocks you? You have to be fast to bring volks/puma or any other AT.

But if Jadgtiger is flanked, then you did something wrong cause no one keeps JT alone.
11 Mar 2015, 17:02 PM

and by saying map with a lot of shotblockers you mean Ettelbruck, or Angermunde? lol

Please just close this thread already. Most people disagree with CAS being OP and the other people just talk about other random crap.

PLEASE. CLOSE.

soviet announcer would say something like preeshlo vremya right now
11 Mar 2015, 17:07 PM

Put Jadgtiger on the island (Steps) and watch it sniping incoming tanks without any micro. Secure sides with mines and the party begins.

I have a friend who is using very nice playstale.
Defensive commander, sandbags, little AT guns etc. he would love to see Strumtiger attacking his positions. I give 15-20sec for ST before it dies.

Stuka is doing everything better if we are talking about support weapons.

fortified positions? It's like allies have bunkers, paks43 or anything fortified...

If you using Strumtiger so often, I would like to see replay with pro Sturmtiger usage but of course not against total noob.

And how excatly you want to move it when your ennemy blocks you? You have to be fast to bring volks/puma or any other AT.

But if Jadgtiger is flanked, then you did something wrong cause no one keeps JT alone.

I have 30 replays of winning with Sturmtigers, want a specific one?

Nobody keeps JT alone, but Volks aint' going to to shit against some turbo speed medium tanks flying towards your postion.

Then comes the time you get unlucky and infinite crew shock stuns against your Jadgtiger because the RNG god hates you.

And lol on Steppes, yes here is this one map with no shotblockers, which means the Jadgtiger is easy and pudding to use on all other maps which actually do have shotblockers.

The Sturmtiger has 1440 health for a reason, it also has "Sturm" in the name for a reason, it's a bloody "Assault" Tiger. It's supposed to be for breaking AT gun walls and smashing apart enemy concentrations, not following blobs around.

and by saying map with a lot of shotblockers you mean Ettelbruck, or Angermunde? lol

Somebodies never played minsk pocket...
11 Mar 2015, 17:16 PM

I have 30 replays of winning with Sturmtigers, want a specific one?

Nobody keeps JT alone, but Volks aint' going to to shit against some turbo speed medium tanks flying towards your postion.

Then comes the time you get unlucky and infinite crew shock stuns against your Jadgtiger because the RNG god hates you.

And lol on Steppes, yes here is this one map with no shotblockers, which means the Jadgtiger is easy and pudding to use on all other maps which actually do have shotblockers.

The Sturmtiger has 1440 health for a reason, it also has "Sturm" in the name for a reason, it's a bloody "Assault" Tiger. It's supposed to be for breaking AT gun walls and smashing apart enemy concentrations, not following blobs around.

Somebodies never played minsk pocket...

Medium tanks? Really? JT will kill 1 before they reach it, bounces from front armor all the time, and by the time, JT will be almost dead, 3 Volks will easily snipe 2 mediums.

How exctaly JT crew is going to be shocked if it has 80 range? I also proved that this whole "shock" does not work like "insta not doing anything"
A logn time ago there was a guy here who was arguing with me. I showed him videos where I could rotate on the move my JT while being shocked. He disappeared from that thread in a second.

JT is made for wide open map, right? You dont use it on Stalingrad but you can do it on Minsk Pocket.

Yes, ST supposed to do that. Problem is, most players will avoid ST strike and like I said, Stuka is doing this better. I saw many Stukas with 60-130 kills in 4v4 but not a single Sturmtiger.

When I see Strumtiger Im happy becasue I know my enemy just wasted tons of resources.

Waiting for pro replay with this damn intensive micro.
11 Mar 2015, 17:25 PM

Medium tanks? Really? JT will kill 1 before they reach it, bounces from front armor all the time, and by the time, JT will be almost dead, 3 Volks will easily snipe 2 mediums.

How exctaly JT crew is going to be shocked if it has 80 range? I also proved that this whole "shock" does not work like "insta not doing anything"
A logn time ago there was a guy here who was arguing with me. I showed him videos where I could rotate on the move my JT while being shocked. He disappeared from that thread in a second.

JT is made for wide open map, right? You dont use it on Stalingrad but you can do it on Minsk Pocket.

Yes, ST supposed to do that. Problem is, most players will avoid ST strike and like I said, Stuka is doing this better. I saw many Stukas with 60-130 kills in 4v4 but not a single Sturmtiger.

When I see Strumtiger Im happy becasue I know my enemy just wasted tons of resources.

Waiting for pro replay with this damn intensive micro.

Are we arguing about 4's or not? Because you seem to be entirely inconsistent in your frame of reference.

To put this in perspective, you would be challenging me more to offer you a replay of me using the Panther, because Iv built 2 Panthers in 3 months of playing OKW. The only Panthers I normally ever get are command ones, so my Sturmtigers can sight for themselves.

JT's are great, but they do require you to make sure your always targeting the right tanks and whatnot because it's slow ROF means every shot is essential (which is extra fun when the hold fire bugs out and it starts shooting infantry!)
11 Mar 2015, 17:26 PM

I recently had a Minsk Pocket game where I had a potato ally and a Vet 5 Sturmtiger that got there by killing 9 tanks and a few infantry. I was surprised to find out that it wasn't really much better at Vet 4 and Vet 5. The Vet 5 bonus in particular, I would rather trade for more reliable penetration and maybe more damage so I can one-hit kill IS-2s as well.

Also, use Uhu with it!
11 Mar 2015, 17:31 PM

Are we arguing about 4's or not? Because you seem to be entirely inconsistent in your frame of reference.

To put this in perspective, you would be challenging me more to offer you a replay of me using the Panther, because Iv built 2 Panthers in 3 months of playing OKW. The only Panthers I normally ever get are command ones, so my Sturmtigers can sight for themselves.

JT's are great, but they do require you to make sure your always targeting the right tanks and whatnot because it's slow ROF means every shot is essential (which is extra fun when the hold fire bugs out and it starts shooting infantry!)

You dont see ST in 1v1 so I guess we are arguing about 2v2,3v3 and 4v4.

I know how powerful Panther is.
I know how potent ST can be, but I also know that ST is doing nothing most of the time and does not need a micro.
You are saying it needs a micro, so I would love to see replay of yours with ST that needs a micro and is devastating.
11 Mar 2015, 17:43 PM

HOLY FUCKING SHIT SOME ONE PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD
Neo
11 Mar 2015, 17:46 PM

A thought that occurs to me more and more as I read these forums is just how much more peaceful and reasonable the whole site would be if we banned Alexandavar on general principle...
11 Mar 2015, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2015, 17:43 PMBurts
HOLY FUCKING SHIT SOME ONE PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD

Why? I am enjoying it. :megusta:
11 Mar 2015, 17:58 PM

I think it would be fine if we had STUG in place of Panther actually. That would make Command Panther unique too.

And it would actually be somewhat an excuse for shreckvolks which relic is horrified to touch.
11 Mar 2015, 18:01 PM

You dont see ST in 1v1 so I guess we are arguing about 2v2,3v3 and 4v4.

I know how powerful Panther is.
I know how potent ST can be, but I also know that ST is doing nothing most of the time and does not need a micro.
You are saying it needs a micro, so I would love to see replay of yours with ST that needs a micro and is devastating.

The Sturmtiger needs micro because you need to be smart in firing it, and making sure to keep it firing and reloading while also ensuring it stays safe. It's a process that no other tank in the game needs to go through.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/31966/always-bet-on-duke

One of my favorite games of all time.
11 Mar 2015, 18:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2015, 17:58 PMKatitof

And it would actually be somewhat an excuse for shreckvolks which relic is horrified to touch.

Why would anyone ever make a StuG in t3 if the Jadgpanzer is in t1.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS