Login

russian armor

Player Card Worth and Community

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
8 Mar 2015, 08:31 AM

Yeah you completely lost me when you said "2 nades to sneak cap one point". Why the actual fuck would you have two rifle squads smoke a point just to capture it? Just walk up and cap the damn point,and if theres an MG42 near there then smoke and nade the MG with one squad,cap the point with the other,dont just smoke the point.

Maybe in a balls to the wall final rush at the middle VP when u have no VPs left with two tigers covering it..even then...a very questionable idea.

And then I about facedesked myself through my desk to China when you said mines usefulness drops off...if you're good at consistently constantly mining it will always bite and annoy your opponent unless hes God and never hits mines. Sure he can sweep them but its a LOT of trouble to sweep some mines when you just got pushed off the map and theres mines/demos/MGs/enemy forces everywhere by the time you get back,as is the case when playing a good player,especially sovs.

Id love to see someone micro a pak and Mg42 in a storm of snowy smoke not even knowing where the swarm of tanks and infantry will actually come from. you might get one lucky hit off using attack ground. before you get rekt because smoke is one of the best tools in the game when used offensively. I dont know how you can dispute that.

The point of smoke,mines,barbed wire etc is to stress the person out and make it hard for them. Can you #adapt if that tractor is wired off? Probably,but its gonna be 10x more annoying to assault that position than it wouldve been. Can you #adapt if the path to a MG in a house is wired off in a way that you have to run through Red cover and take unneccessary casualties/suppression to approach it? Yea.

when theres engines exploding everytime you try to be aggressive, and squads disapearring/getting knocked down to 2-3 men everytime you slightly walk away from the sweeper to cap that flank point,it gets discouraging,it makes you more cautious.(Game losingly cautious) it makes you make mistakes,game losing mistakes. it makes you angry and increasingly impatient,and it gets easier and fun for the other guy whos just using tools at his disposal,and chillin like a villain

When your raketen in the church isnt firing during a sherman rush because it got smoked'....I can go on and on

Iv never once had an issue against a player who spammed mines because it's always painfully obvious were the mines will be after you have played a map for the 8 billionth time.

Demo charges > mines. As Ostheer mine spam however is somewhat necessary sometimes if only to try and keep people off certain points, but the minute the person gets a weapon that can attack ground the mines are useless.

Smoking the edges of the point, as in the edges on the opponents side, means A. He can't tell were you are, and B. once your done capping just pull back behind your own MG's and make him rush out to try and take it back.

The value of smoke against Pak's is nothing if the opponent knows how to use attack ground, so don't always assume that he will just get blinded and give up if he's smoked out. Not to mention MG's can just pull back.

Also lol at you using sweepers to remove mines when using attack ground and nades is a million times more efficient and less dangerous. If a see an enemy on my mines I just need to attack ground to det the mine and kill him, but then again I almost always use Demos instead of mines and you can't sweep demos.
8 Mar 2015, 08:34 AM

Given that CookiesnCream has a consistently good rank in all factions, I think I'm going to trust his opinion more than our favourite axis fanboy.

There, fellow readers, is a manifestation of what this thread is about.

Cookies has his playercard consistently on show and it shows he has consistently good stats, sure, there's people that are better than him, but his stats show he is consistently good across all factions.

Alexzandvar... well, where to start?
8 Mar 2015, 09:25 AM

You are talking to guy to said that smoke is not made to help with assault but to force enemy to moce to you so...

And I dont get why would you throw smoke to cover whith which units you are taking point, I mean, enemy has vision only in the middle on the point, so if you keep units at the edge, enemy wont see anything.
8 Mar 2015, 09:50 AM

Given that CookiesnCream has a consistently good rank in all factions, I think I'm going to trust his opinion more than our favourite axis fanboy.

There, fellow readers, is a manifestation of what this thread is about.

Cookies has his playercard consistently on show and it shows he has consistently good stats, sure, there's people that are better than him, but his stats show he is consistently good across all factions.

Alexzandvar... well, where to start?

Generally I gather my opinions from streamers and personal experience, I don't know what cookies does but knowing that things like smoke are less useful against good people with good micro isn't that hard to understand

Once you finally figure out how to use attack ground properly it becomes a lot easier to deal with tanks and vehicles that pop smoke, for instance, the Puma and Flak HT.

But I guess you can just accuse me of being a fan boy, despite me actually agreeing with most posters on this forum about the bullshit things in OKW like Obers.

You are talking to guy to said that smoke is not made to help with assault but to force enemy to moce to you so...

And I dont get why would you throw smoke to cover whith which units you are taking point, I mean, enemy has vision only in the middle on the point, so if you keep units at the edge, enemy wont see anything.

If the enemy is looking at the point (which he should) and covering it with suppression platforms than using smoke is going to be necessary to cap it. and often times it's just suicide to rush overlapping MG's even with a large amount of smoke.

I would rather decap a point and force the enemy to move up out of his fortifications than throw away models attacking a fortified position.

8 Mar 2015, 09:52 AM

Ultimately the usual suspects will continue to flood the forums with ad hominem attacks, nothing will change.

Very little people actually give a shit about discussing anything it seems.
8 Mar 2015, 10:28 AM

When you have a thread about players and their player cards, are ad hominem attacks still ad hominem attacks?
Neo
8 Mar 2015, 12:24 PM

Guys, I notice a lot of people have their playercard in their signature. How do I do that for mine?
8 Mar 2015, 13:50 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2015, 12:24 PMNeo
Guys, I notice a lot of people have their playercard in their signature. How do I do that for mine?

This has some of it http://www.coh2.org/topic/552/coh2.org-new-featuresfixes/post/189534

Here is some more info http://www.coh2.org/topic/552/coh2.org-new-featuresfixes/post/194082
8 Mar 2015, 15:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Also lol at you using sweepers to remove mines when using attack ground and nades is a million times more efficient and less dangerous. If a see an enemy on my mines I just need to attack ground to det the mine and kill him, but then again I almost always use Demos instead of mines and you can't sweep demos.

Not gonna comment on you having no issues with soviet mines. I just dont have a comment for that.

a demo charge IS a mine,its a trap. Demos,mines,whatever are all tools units build and are used for making territory harder to assault without extreme caution.

in regard to the smoke point capping,Im pretty sure the smoke would run out before you were done capping the point anyway. I wouldnt spend 30 muni to simply cap a normal territory point,unless it was a cutoff point.

Why you dont understand that smoking a Pak40/43/JT is absoulutely neccessary in order to not take unneccessary damage I will never know. I dont care if you're GodFingers himself. If someone smokes your weapon team during a big assault(WHICH is considered high skill play) then you cannot use that weepon as effectively as if it was just standing there ready to fire. Its out of the fight unless you spend valuable attention trying to get it to fight properly, while you're attacking dirt and facing it the wrong way my shermans are running behind your tiger and my infantry will soon follow,clearing your smoked paks and mgs. I say this not to theory craft,but because I do it all the time as USF.

are you saying you just fire rifle nades at every spot where a mine can be,how in the world is that more "efficient" than simply buying a sweeper and casually checking?

I do give a shit and I am discussing. Just dont brainwash the poor noob that reads this into thinking smoke is useless.

Neo
8 Mar 2015, 16:02 PM

8 Mar 2015, 16:03 PM

Permanently Banned
It seems this discussion has deviated far from it's original context...

Neo
8 Mar 2015, 16:30 PM

I guess everything that needed saying has been said. Some people feel that the fact that they enjoy theory crafting makes their input valid, other people prefer to listen to those who actually play the game at a reasonable level of skill.

Not much else to say.
8 Mar 2015, 17:22 PM

A very interesting thread for sure.

I have a question for everyone. Open my playercard, and look at my stats.

Do you think these stats reflect someones ability to accurately put forward balance/faction changes and still have credibility doing it?

It is not my intention to get people to look at my playercard and be impressed/ashamed. Honestly Im intrigued as to the level of player that forums users can rely on to not post balance discussions which revolve around L2P issues.

Im very interested to see what eveyone thinks
8 Mar 2015, 17:45 PM

A very interesting thread for sure.

I have a question for everyone. Open my playercard, and look at my stats.

Do you think these stats reflect someones ability to accurately put forward balance/faction changes and still have credibility doing it?

It is not my intention to get people to look at my playercard and be impressed/ashamed. Honestly Im intrigued as to the level of player that forums users can rely on to not post balance discussions which revolve around L2P issues.

Im very interested to see what eveyone thinks

in my opinon it doesn't matter if you're high rank. because some people don't have the micro required to get to a higher rank. and that's okay. you shouldn't need to have starcraft like reflexes to comment on balance. if you've played all the factions a fair bit you should be able to talk about balance

and to you specifically, of course. i'd take your opinons into consideration for sure, looking at your playercard.

and of course you should base your opinons on their playecard. someone can talk all day and night about their balance opinons. but they could be lying. i don't know how everyone can sit here and say 'WOW IF YOU ASK FOR SOMEONE'S PLAYERCARD YOU ARE THE DEVIL IN HUMAN FORM, AD HOMINEM, AD HOMINEM!' you sound like fucking nullist. (a infamous coh2.org poster who had several thousand posts about balance, but only ever played one faction, and mostly played against CPU)

what's wrong with name and shaming? if there was a doctor who had forged his PHD and opened his clinic, and started treating paitents. you'd fucking take him to court, he's obviously not certified to be doing what he's doing. and now i know that metaphor is a little extreme, but it's the same thing.

asking for someone's playercard isn't being lazy in your arguement. only people who are wehraboos or allied fuckbois will say it is, because they're scared. people who actually put the time into playing the factions, they're the ones who have their playercard public, because they think 'Hey! i have a deep understanding of the current meta, and the proof is in my matches, i have over 100 matches on every faction! here's my playercard to prove i'm not just bullshitting'

whereas the people who don't have their playercards revealed are often fanboys of the highest degree. they will try to claim that "PLAYERCARDS AREN'T EVERYTHING. AD HOMINEM, AD HOMINEM!"

tl;dr : asking for a playercard is like asking your massage therapist to see his university certification after you recived a massage and he made your joint pain even worse..
9 Mar 2015, 06:52 AM

Not gonna comment on you having no issues with soviet mines. I just dont have a comment for that.

a demo charge IS a mine,its a trap. Demos,mines,whatever are all tools units build and are used for making territory harder to assault without extreme caution.

in regard to the smoke point capping,Im pretty sure the smoke would run out before you were done capping the point anyway. I wouldnt spend 30 muni to simply cap a normal territory point,unless it was a cutoff point.

Why you dont understand that smoking a Pak40/43/JT is absoulutely neccessary in order to not take unneccessary damage I will never know. I dont care if you're GodFingers himself. If someone smokes your weapon team during a big assault(WHICH is considered high skill play) then you cannot use that weepon as effectively as if it was just standing there ready to fire. Its out of the fight unless you spend valuable attention trying to get it to fight properly, while you're attacking dirt and facing it the wrong way my shermans are running behind your tiger and my infantry will soon follow,clearing your smoked paks and mgs. I say this not to theory craft,but because I do it all the time as USF.

are you saying you just fire rifle nades at every spot where a mine can be,how in the world is that more "efficient" than simply buying a sweeper and casually checking?

I do give a shit and I am discussing. Just dont brainwash the poor noob that reads this into thinking smoke is useless.

Smoke isn't useless, and I never said it was. I only said it was less useful at higher skill levels. Stop trying to put word in my mouth.

And yeah I do use attack ground to kill mines, but I don't use rifle names to clear them mostly. Just use mortars, shreks, ect. There are plenty of explosive weapons for all the factions to det a mine.

If I see engineers running around capping I just make sure to cap on the very edge of the back of the point away from my enemy because they probably mined it, or I just use attack ground on the place I want to cap it.

Or I just send a cheap replaceable squad like Volks with out a shrek ahead of the rest of my forces.

I guess everything that needed saying has been said. Some people feel that the fact that they enjoy theory crafting makes their input valid, other people prefer to listen to those who actually play the game at a reasonable level of skill.

Not much else to say.

lol
9 Mar 2015, 06:52 AM

Offering alternate solutions!?!? How dare this man!
9 Mar 2015, 07:03 AM

Offering alternate solutions!?!? How dare this man!

lol your double-posts are getting out of hand, you realise there's a edit button for a reason.

but how else would you shitpost your way up postcount to 1000 in a short amount of time?
9 Mar 2015, 08:48 AM

Reading this thread, playercards seem to be not a problem to everyone. So why don't we force people to display it in the Balance forum?

It would probably moderate people in their tone and their way to express their feeling. Usually, from what I read from the balance forum, playercard is asked when the discussion has already reach a dead end, when a party is too stubborn to admit something when facts have already been put under lights.

I mean, I can understand any situations exposed by a random player, I can understand he keeps telling his vision that X or Y factor is overpowered or underpowered when anyone around tell him it is not true when I see his playercard. Because I will know at this level of skill, there is much more to learn to overcome his situation.

And this goes exactly for me, I'm ranked 1000 as USF in 1sv1 and I know my vision is related to this reality.
So first I'm avoiding to give advices to people in 1vs1 mod, and then I'm listening what better people are saying.
In parallel, I'm playing a lot more 4vs4 mod as USF and have some success with it so I understand the mechanisms inherent to this mod. Here I can give advise to people to, at least, reach my rank.
9 Mar 2015, 18:12 PM

Hey Alexandvar, wheres that player card? So far all i hear is excuses. I want you to prove me wrong, show me that you are a quality player who uses all armys, who is reasonably good to levies a judgement of balance.
9 Mar 2015, 18:16 PM
Coder Red Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2015, 18:12 PMGenObi
Hey Alexandvar, wheres that player card? So far all i hear is excuses. I want you to prove me wrong, show me that you are a quality player who uses all armys, who is reasonably good to levies a judgement of balance.

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/0/steamid/76561198026003886
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight