Login

russian armor

(Infiltration) Grenades against buildings

27 Feb 2015, 07:33 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Anyone else think grenades are too strong against buildings, specifically wooden buildings? Infiltration grenades will demolish any eastern front house for 10 munitions but basically any grenade will take away a large chunk of health.
27 Feb 2015, 08:29 AM
Donator 22

Yes they are, but its one of the few antigarission options for OKW anyways. But yeah, destroying a whole buling for 10 munis is maybe too much.
27 Feb 2015, 08:30 AM

They should be.

"maxims sitting inside buildings till ma IS2 arrives" is not a reasonable excuse to nerf this ability.
27 Feb 2015, 08:34 AM
Patrion 27

So... when you expect a unit to throw them, get out.
27 Feb 2015, 09:20 AM

molotovs are 10,000 better than grenades. for the sole purpose that they deny the building even if the troops get microed out.

grenades might get a 1/100 chance crit and kill the building, but the players i play against just exit the building and shift-queue re-enter. wasted 25/45 munis
27 Feb 2015, 09:27 AM
Patrion 14

Think they deserve a bit of a nerf, you can rek most wfa houses for only 20 munitions.
27 Feb 2015, 09:44 AM

5 Granate > 2 ISU-152 HE shell :snfPeter:
27 Feb 2015, 11:07 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Do they also work while pinned?
27 Feb 2015, 11:12 AM

Yes they also work while pinned. I'm not too happy about how much damage they do to buildings but as already mentioned OKW basically has NOTHING else to counter occupied buildings early game.
27 Feb 2015, 11:27 AM

3 CP is not early :P

I dunno why Sturmpios can't have flamers in a balanced world.
27 Feb 2015, 11:32 AM

3 CP is not early :P

I dunno why Sturmpios can't have flamers in a balanced world.

Hence why they should get something that doesn't require them to get a vehicle out just to survive.
27 Feb 2015, 11:55 AM

Clearing buildings is a weakness of okw and this doctrinal choice helps a player to fill the gap, since the leiG doesn't do the job it's supposed to do and flamers are not available to okw.

The ability is strong but has a long cooldown. It's strong on a 5 men volks squad but gets weak if you lose entities. I think the best way to balance it would be to make it costing depending on how many nades are thrown if that's possible . Like 6 muni per thrown grenade. That way volks would pay 30 muni when demolishing buildings
27 Feb 2015, 12:36 PM

i think the reason they deal so much dmg to buildings is because it's multiple nades, which hit multiple "panels" of the building, thus dealing way more dmg than a single nade that only hits 1-3 panels simultaneously.
27 Feb 2015, 14:28 PM

Permanently Banned
Yes they also work while pinned. I'm not too happy about how much damage they do to buildings but as already mentioned OKW basically has NOTHING else to counter occupied buildings early game.

Flak halftrack

L2p
27 Feb 2015, 14:36 PM

The infiltration grenades should cost more for how good they are in all situations.
27 Feb 2015, 14:41 PM

I use these all the time, pop them like candy. I have no idea why relic would make them so cheap. It almost feels abusive.
27 Feb 2015, 14:42 PM

Flak halftrack

L2p

FailFish L2P advice, opponent occupying buildings shouldn't force any faction to choose tiers. Besides all base infantry should have some form of building clearance.

L2Trollolol
27 Feb 2015, 14:47 PM

Permanently Banned

FailFish L2P advice, opponent occupying buildings shouldn't force any faction to choose tiers. Besides all base infantry should have some form of building clearance.

L2Trollolol

Dumbest logic ive ever heared.

So if i see a KT. i shouldnt go t4 for jacksons? by ur logic, i shoulndt be forced to tech to jacksons

If i see p47's i shouldnt go Flak HT to shoot them down? By ur logic, i shouldnt have to get a flak HT

If i see snipers, i shouldnt rush a luchs or scout car? By ur logic i shouldnt have to do this

If i see maxim sapm i shouldnt go stuka? By ur logic, i should just let the maxims gain vet

If i see con spam, i shouldnt get an mg? By, ur logic i should just let the cons overwhelm me

Sorry to burst ur bubble. But this is how this game works
27 Feb 2015, 14:51 PM

OKW building challenges is supposed to be a draw back. Since they have very little other draw back I see no reason why OKW Needs an OP grenade for building clear at 3 CP when by then you have a Stuka or flack truck anyways....

Anyhow think of it this way: you get a squad full of grenades for what.... much less than a single grenade? There is literally nothing logical that can support why it should stay its current price.

The cool down seems long, but only in theory. The timer for infiltration nades starts when the unit spawns even if you are not at 3 CP's so when you hit that marker every unit can throw them. Plus when your units are getting healed or trecking a cross the map the timer drains. I did some tests with it. Retreating from combat, then reinforcing, then taking a fuel or munitions point without entering combat is all the time it takes for the cool down to recharge. That isnt actually very much waiting considering a lot of it was going to happen already when you were healing.

As for the building clear, I would be fine with it if the grenade at least cost as much as the ass gren one. It seems a little powerful to collapse a wooden building but it is a commander ability after all.

My point is that the grenades are OP simply because of how little they cost, and how the cool down timer in actuality is rather short.
27 Feb 2015, 14:53 PM

Dumbest logic ive ever heared.

So if i see a KT. i should go t4 for jacksons?

If i see p47's i shouldnt go Flak HT to shoot them down?

If i see snipers, i shouldnt rush a luchs or scout car?

Sorry to burst ur bubble. But this is how this game works

OMG HE GOT INTO HOUSES, FLAK HT SCHNELL, NVM HE GOT AT GUN ALRDY :guyokay:

its not a l2p issue for the okw player. you fail to understand that you shouldnt be forced to tech a specific building and buy a fuel based vehicle (as a fuel starved faction) to counter one of the most basics mechanics in this game. There should be an option similar to those that the other factions have.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★