Login

russian armor

Assault Grenadiers

24 Feb 2015, 20:01 PM

They are just a 5 man Pio squad that can't build shit. Giving them 2 StG 44's and a little bit more armor/received accuracy would be nice.

If this means they sit at a 2 CP call in like Shocks, that's fine.

Why? You can build PGs?
24 Feb 2015, 20:09 PM

They are just a 5 man Pio squad that can't build shit. Giving them 2 StG 44's and a little bit more armor/received accuracy would be nice.

If this means they sit at a 2 CP call in like Shocks, that's fine.

This means that you have no knowledge of the game or you are just trolling.

Thet are not like 5-men pios.
Single pio model can deal 5,3dps
Single AssGren model can deal 8,4dps.

Whole squad, it's 42 vs 21 for AssGrens so how they be like pios if they have doubled pios dps?
Not to mention combat veterancy.
24 Feb 2015, 20:15 PM

This isn't CoH1, this is CoH2

argument invalid
I really hate that argument that coh2 is like some new entity. Most
people in the history of mankind expect things named version 2 to be an improved verion of 1
not something loosely related to previous versions.If that WAS the intent, why would the name be coh2. It insane to say that oh coh1 isnt as good as coh2(opinion) because its coh2, a whole new game. Cmon now.

Thats like buying a 2015 model car after trading the 2014 model car and finding you have bought a crappier car. And the dealer saying "what did you expect something as good or better?"

Im not trying to bash coh2 really but the doc system is bleh and the only doc people are really finding useful is mech assault. This doctrine is basically a coh1 storm doctrine light and hence why it is the most popular.
24 Feb 2015, 20:18 PM

Permanently Banned

Thats like buying a 2015 model car after trading the 2014 model car and finding you have bought a crappier car. And the dealer saying "what did you expect something as good or better?"

No it's not like that. For one thing the difference between CoH2 and CoH1 is more than just a year; it was closer to a decade. More importantly, this is talking about video games, not cars.

I agree with you that the CoH2 doctrine system is lacking but comparing anything from CoH2 to CoH1 is a fruitless endeavor and could not possibly benefit the current system in any way.
24 Feb 2015, 20:36 PM

This means that you have no knowledge of the game or you are just trolling.

Thet are not like 5-men pios.
Single pio model can deal 5,3dps
Single AssGren model can deal 8,4dps.

Whole squad, it's 42 vs 21 for AssGrens so how they be like pios if they have doubled pios dps?
Not to mention combat veterancy.

I meant in the sense you need to be up an enemies asshole to do that dps.
24 Feb 2015, 20:48 PM

I meant in the sense you need to be up an enemies asshole to do that dps.

You dont. 0-10 that the best range, not 0 :)
24 Feb 2015, 21:08 PM

Pro tip: This is because Ostheer is a underpowered faction with garbage commanders, Mechanized is good because it gives you better early/mid game.

Should we also nerf all the good soviet doctrines to :S

You do not have to give me pro tips. I know perfectly well that Mech Assault counter balances equally overpowered allied commanders that allow you to skip tech and somehow have a more powerful lategame than if you would have teched (i.e. guards motor, shock rifle, rifle company etc).

Having said that, I always tech up and try to play a 'legit' game, with combined arms and under-utilized units, without abusing bad game mechanics such as no-tech call-in tanks. Mech assault just pisses all over this playstyle and in my opinion this is very bad. I don't care much about my rank, but for those who try to get on top these OP commanders form a vicious circle. Both Soviets and Ostheer players use the same 3 doctrines 90% of the time because if they don't, they have a massive disadvantage if the opponent does go for them.

So yes, I would like to see the good soviet doctrines nerfed too, preferably in the form of tech-requirements for call-ins. It would put an end to the P2W commanders extreme popularity and make the meta-game more open to inventive strategies. The game might even make it as an E-sport when viewers don't already know how a match is going to play out before it even starts.
24 Feb 2015, 21:25 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

argument invalid

von Mecha is an old running mate from previous iterations - and he speaks with authority. ;) If you want to see how Ostheer can can perform well with 2 MG42s in 2v2, watch von Mecha . Thnx :)
24 Feb 2015, 21:36 PM

You do not have to give me pro tips. I know perfectly well that Mech Assault counter balances equally overpowered allied commanders that allow you to skip tech and somehow have a more powerful lategame than if you would have teched (i.e. guards motor, shock rifle, rifle company etc).

Having said that, I always tech up and try to play a 'legit' game, with combined arms and under-utilized units, without abusing bad game mechanics such as no-tech call-in tanks. Mech assault just pisses all over this playstyle and in my opinion this is very bad. I don't care much about my rank, but for those who try to get on top these OP commanders form a vicious circle. Both Soviets and Ostheer players use the same 3 doctrines 90% of the time because if they don't, they have a massive disadvantage if the opponent does go for them.

So yes, I would like to see the good soviet doctrines nerfed too, preferably in the form of tech-requirements for call-ins. It would put an end to the P2W commanders extreme popularity and make the meta-game more open to inventive strategies. The game might even make it as an E-sport when viewers don't already know how a match is going to play out before it even starts.

Mechanized gives you the StuG E which lets you skip t3 (which is what a lot of people do these days regardless) and the Tiger allows you to have late game staying power. Really it's not any more or less OP then the other viable Ostheer commanders atm.

The Ass grens are probably the weakest part of the doctrine outside the overpriced Pgren call in /w half track. They need to either say were they are now and get a cost reduction or armor buff, or get better weapons at be moved to 2 cp.
24 Feb 2015, 21:47 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Mechanized gives you the StuG E which lets you skip t3 (which is what a lot of people do these days regardless) and the Tiger allows you to have late game staying power. Really it's not any more or less OP then the other viable Ostheer commanders atm.

The Ass grens are probably the weakest part of the doctrine outside the overpriced Pgren call in /w half track. They need to either say were they are now and get a cost reduction or armor buff, or get better weapons at be moved to 2 cp.

I would rather prefer Relic somehow buff the Ostheer, w/o tampering with/buffing Mechanised Assault
24 Feb 2015, 21:48 PM

Permanently Banned

von Mecha is an old running mate from previous iterations - and he speaks with authority. ;) If you want to see how Ostheer can can perform well with 2 MG42s in 2v2, watch von Mecha . Thnx :)

I have good experience playing vs older players and even more experience with 2 MG42s in 2v2.

I think I'll be fine, but thank you for your warning.

FYI at no point did I question his skill at the game. that's an insinuation you made :snfPeter:

LOL @ Alexzandar trying to school Aerohank on how to play/pointing out obvious facts to him.

So many of these guys who hang out in the balance discussions don't even know most of the good players/top community members. lurk moar, l2p
24 Feb 2015, 21:58 PM

If you read the post you would see I agree with him.
24 Feb 2015, 22:00 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I have good experience playing vs older players and even more experience with 2 MG42s in 2v2.

I think I'll be fine, but thank you for your warning.

All good :)

FYI at no point did I question his skill at the game. that's an insinuation you made :snfPeter:

Yes, but

argument invalid

von Mecha has played all 3 iterations.. and he is not , AFAIK, dutifully bound into vCoH.

My 2 cents

24 Feb 2015, 22:02 PM

LOL @ Alexzandar trying to school Aerohank on how to play/pointing out obvious facts to him.

So many of these guys who hang out in the balance discussions don't even know most of the good players/top community members. lurk moar, l2p

Well, you don't meet many of them in 5 digit rank 4v4 bracket so no surprise they don't know any top players at all.
24 Feb 2015, 22:07 PM

Permanently Banned
von Mecha has played all 3 iterations.. and he is not , AFAIK, dutifully bound into vCoH.

My 2 cents

That's all fine and good, Bloodnock. If you choose to play an almost 8 year old game because you like it more than the sequel, that's fine.

But if that's the case, don't come into balance discussions for the sequel and then comparing it to the original like it's a point of holy balance which all must take the form of or be inferior.

My 2 cents
24 Feb 2015, 22:12 PM

Yes bloodnok the things I could do in coh with some mgs and pios ahh the good ole days!!! I was almost godlike with all the juicy choices in coho lol

Now Im like that one guy who once beat Mike Tyson ha.
24 Feb 2015, 22:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2015, 22:02 PMKatitof

Well, you don't meet many of them in 5 digit rank 4v4 bracket so no surprise they don't know any top players at all.

Yeah the shrek thread just got locked for player card shaming obviously we need to drag that into this thread now :snfPeter:
24 Feb 2015, 22:28 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

That's all fine and good, Bloodnock. If you choose to play an almost 8 year old game because you like it more than the sequel, that's fine.

But if that's the case, don't come into balance discussions for the sequel and then comparing it to the original like it's a point of holy balance which all must take the form of or be inferior.

My 2 cents

Honestly, Sneaky, did he really say that? I repeat: von Mecha played all 3 iterations, and I find it hard impossible to interpret your criticism, based on this quotation

Im not trying to bash coh2 really but the doc system is bleh and the only doc people are really finding useful is mech assault. This doctrine is basically a coh1 storm doctrine light and hence why it is the most popular.

If you take Aerohank as another example, he complains about the fact that 9 times out of ten, in 1v1, as an Allied Commdr, you will face Mechanised Assault (assuming opposing players are wanting to win, and not experiment).

24 Feb 2015, 22:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I like them

Sorry

It's a well designed Commander with lots of flavour and which enables the Ostheer to play more like an Allied faction.

One of the nice things about it is the way it structures against it's counters:

CP 0: AGrens

CP c.75: Clown Car

CP2: Shocks

CP3: Mech Assault Group

CP6: STUG-E (And I loved this thing even when everyone said it was terrible)

It's a 0CP Close Assault Group with no AT and no Armour.
If it had both it wouldn't be 0CP or have a much higher cost and you wouldn't be able to get more than one early.
But because it's a Close Assault Group with no armour is why they tend not to last long, hence no need to worry about them scaling.
24 Feb 2015, 23:06 PM

I don't see what's particularly wrong with Ostheer doctrines. I've had reasonable success and enjoyment from all of them. I've been loving Festung Support for example.

In the case of Mechanized Assault, it's a bit bland for me, but my friend in 2v2s has been using them to good effect and loving them. MG42 support helps them a lot as even yellow suppression goes a long way with these guys. Maybe try that?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★