Login

russian armor

Assault Grenadiers

24 Feb 2015, 13:22 PM

I already face this doctrine 9 out of 10 matches I play vs Ostheer. The last thing it needs is a buff.

You meet the Assault Grendadiers much? Are you saying it makes sense with underpowered units because the other commander abilities are usable?
24 Feb 2015, 13:47 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2015, 13:03 PMpigsoup

they are only 280mp at 0cp. maybe give them flamer upgraade?

Not sure if this really helps them, because that would somehow make them a better pioneer squad that can't build shit imo.

For me, they need a bit more durability to perform a bit better.
24 Feb 2015, 14:00 PM

I'd like to see them get a faust upgrade with vet. to make them more viable into mid game. Not to mention they could do with a bit more durability to survive the onslaught of vehicles
24 Feb 2015, 14:11 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I already face this doctrine 9 out of 10 matches I play vs Ostheer. The last thing it needs is a buff.

+1

I'm glad you said that :)
24 Feb 2015, 14:38 PM

Permanently Banned
Ass grens could use mor Armor or HP
24 Feb 2015, 14:39 PM

Assault Grens are very situation dependent and map oriented, use them in Urban combat only. I don't think they need a buff they are perfect for 0CP call ins, wonder how they scale vs Assault Engineers tho?
24 Feb 2015, 14:42 PM

I played the mechanized assault a lot before i switched to Elite troops. The Problem isn't the early game, it think it would be ok if they come at 1Cp instead of 0 because they are really strong against the conscripts when they are without grenades etc.

But as soon as there are light vehicles/Shocks/guards or Penalty's on the field they become completely useless.

I don't think that they need more armor or sth. like that, just the Upgrade. In early game you won't have the munition anyway to use the upgrade.

P.S. WingZero: Assault Engineers do more DPS in close combat
24 Feb 2015, 14:53 PM

I think having 1 Assgren squad out can be useful when covering the flanks at times, once an Assgren squad reaches vet 2-3 they gain the much needed armor bonus and can actually scale somewhat vs shocks, especially when you use their special grenade ability. Overall though investing in more than 1 Assgren squad can literally weaken your ability to scale into the late game, which is nice because you can't spam them like people were able to over a year ago. :P
24 Feb 2015, 15:00 PM

Personally I always use combined forces instead of blobbing. Less micro - more efficient. To build more than one AssGren(280MP) just kills your economy in early.

But thats not the point, my intention was to make the AssGrens more useful in mid/late-game without affecting the early.
because i think they are powerful in early and useles in mid and lategame
24 Feb 2015, 15:04 PM

Recently I was playing on Stalingrad vs Soviets with Shocks. 2 AssGrens were able to force to retreat 1 Shock squad. Seems fair when you look at MP investment. They got vet 3 very fast.

Point is, they shine in close-combat where you don't need to approach through open space.
24 Feb 2015, 16:05 PM

Pro tip: This is because Ostheer is a underpowered faction with garbage commanders, Mechanized is good because it gives you better early/mid game.

Should we also nerf all the good soviet doctrines to :S
24 Feb 2015, 16:28 PM

Pro tip: This is because Ostheer is a underpowered faction with garbage commanders, Mechanized is good because it gives you better early/mid game.

Should we also nerf all the good soviet doctrines to :S

"Pro tip" I have seen Redwings use variety of commanders other than Mechanized and come out top.
24 Feb 2015, 16:42 PM

"Pro tip" I have seen Redwings use variety of commanders other than Mechanized and come out top.

There are good Ostheer commanders like the Elefant ones and Close Air, but Mechanized is the king for early to mid game. It's just a matter of the fact Ostheer is in a very weird odd place right now, the StuG E is honestly the best thing in the doctrine atm.
24 Feb 2015, 17:29 PM

Assgerms could use some love.
24 Feb 2015, 17:41 PM

`Mech assault is the only ungimped doc. It has inf anti inf anti blob and heavy tanks. All the other docs mostly feel incomplete and a lot of the time the abilities/units don't even work that well together.

At the very least docs need to be reworked so abilities makes sense as a whole rather than having a bunch of docs with never used abilities.
24 Feb 2015, 17:50 PM

Permanently Banned
`Mech assault is the only ungimped doc. It has inf anti inf anti blob and heavy tanks. All the other docs mostly feel incomplete and a lot of the time the abilities/units don't even work that well together.

At the very least docs need to be reworked so abilities makes sense as a whole rather than having a bunch of docs with never used abilities.

VonMecha has spoken

Mech Assault will be the future of Ostheer Meta

All other doctrines must conform to it's holy perfect structure

:snfPeter:
24 Feb 2015, 18:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2015, 10:01 AMKatitof

Even in SC2 you wouldn't be using marines and zerglings after certain time, would you?

Hmmm, unless you go mech, you always have marines. Similar with zerglings, since you can keep harassing.

Nevertheless, Assault Grens are in a better spot than Assault Engineers. Although i think they could scale a BIT better but that's it.
24 Feb 2015, 19:06 PM

VonMecha has spoken

Mech Assault will be the future of Ostheer Meta

All other doctrines must conform to it's holy perfect structure

:snfPeter:
Or

it can conform to the standard coh1 set, where doctrines were extremely important and not just a side thought. And they didn't feel like a set of random things thrown in a pot. They had purpose and unity with the rest of the doctrine.
24 Feb 2015, 19:16 PM

Permanently Banned
Or

it can conform to the standard coh1 set, where doctrines were extremely important and not just a side thought. And they didn't feel like a set of random things thrown in a pot. They had purpose and unity with the rest of the doctrine.

This isn't CoH1, this is CoH2

argument invalid
24 Feb 2015, 19:21 PM

They are just a 5 man Pio squad that can't build shit. Giving them 2 StG 44's and a little bit more armor/received accuracy would be nice.

If this means they sit at a 2 CP call in like Shocks, that's fine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★