Login

russian armor

Stormtroopers

2 May 2015, 14:51 PM

you can always donate to relik
No, I´m happier buying myself some icecream for that money.
2 May 2015, 15:13 PM

One of the things I love most about games is how systems can get almost bastardized, y'know what is "proper use" after all. I imagine it's neigh on impossible to predict when developing a game how it's going to pulled and tweaked with, IE truck pushing (NOT ABOUT TO HAVE THAT DISCUSSION >:( ) just that I find that... drive, to push limits, always really cool, and frankly important to the evolution of our game.

Emergent gameplay!
One of the best things about the developers of EVE Online is that they don't stifle it. Jetcan mining and wormhole societies, and so on.
The justification used by devs to stamp out behavior and unexpected gameplay is 'it wasn't our intention / it's not in our vision.' Prime example, John Carmack (I think that was the one) removed strafe jumping and a bunch of the momentum quirks from the next Quake update / game: he literally admitted because he removed it because he personally didn't like it, that it's cheap etc.. Needless to say, huge community backlash, he finally relented.
Ultimately, it comes down to humility and arrogance. If the devs are humble enough, they will either remove it for a good reason (proving that it makes degenerate and boring gameplay), or leave it be and adopt it into their vision. If they are arrogant, they'll remove it for dumb reasons like the one above. Developer intention doesn't matter a whit. Masahiro Sakurai created one of the most beautiful fighting games in existence, and he didn't predict all the myriad behaviors and depth that would arise from his numerous mechanics.
Developer intention doesn't matter. It matters morbidly to those who worship said developer, sadly, and often to themselves if they be arrogant enough.
That being said, I'm sure there's many examples of devs removing bad emergent gameplay, for good reasons (degenerate and boring gameplay), I just can't think of any right now. :P

could you post on the vet guide what is missing then ill update it?

Hey now--we don't know if the attribute editor is the accurate one here, though.
:P
2 May 2015, 15:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Hey now--we don't know if the attribute editor is the accurate one here, though.
:P

I will verify it, but it looks like I missed some additional stuff. You rarely only have that at vet 3.

I want to go over everything but its very tedious
2 May 2015, 16:34 PM

I will verify it, but it looks like I missed some additional stuff. You rarely only have that at vet 3.

I want to go over everything but its very tedious

I just asked Cruzzi in Hans' chat.
He says the vet guide should be accurate!
But we certainly know that the attribute editor isn't reliable, as was pointed out on the previous page.
2 May 2015, 21:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I just asked Cruzzi in Hans' chat.
He says the vet guide should be accurate!
But we certainly know that the attribute editor isn't reliable, as was pointed out on the previous page.

'Should' as in it is most likely right, right? :P
2 May 2015, 21:42 PM

What about simply increasing squad size to 5 and slightly reducing the cost of the STG package?
3 May 2015, 11:38 AM

What about simply increasing squad size to 5 and slightly reducing the cost of the STG package?

Mate they are the best infantry in the game but comes on a really bad commander. wait till custom commanders arrive.
3 May 2015, 11:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2015, 11:38 AMZyllen

Mate they are the best infantry in the game but comes on a really bad commander. wait till custom commanders arrive.

Best infantry in the game?

Not sure if trolling.
3 May 2015, 11:57 AM

nee
3 May 2015, 12:22 PM

You all have the commander? I still didn´t get it. Gotta love the war spoils system. :(

I imagine them being a choice for skipping T2 and not getting caught with your pants down for not having PGrens/ Paks.

It IS a choice, but since I usually go for T2 for the halftrack, skipping T2 just to get more expensive yet less useful panzergrenadiers to do what panzergrenadiers normally don't do makes Storms a bit questionable. They are really just an Ostheer Fallschirmjaeger unit, and considering that is pretty much the sole benefit of that commander, it is hardly worth even playing instead of, say, any Tiger doctrine.
3 May 2015, 12:27 PM

Yea, they are ostheer fallschirmjägers, except you have to pay for the weapons.
3 May 2015, 12:55 PM

Yea, they are ostheer fallschirmjägers, except you have to pay for the weapons.

You also dont have to pay 50 % more mp for each entity and they are tougher then the fsj.

33 mp for beefed up grens or uber pg's (that special ability is awesome if used in cover).

They are extremely good.
3 May 2015, 13:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2015, 12:55 PMZyllen

You also dont have to pay 50 % more mp for each entity and they are tougher then the fsj.

33 mp for beefed up grens or uber pg's (that special ability is awesome if used in cover).

They are extremely good.

problem is that they arent economical at all in a 1v1 scenario. You pay 100mun for the same weapons PG's have. You may get lower reinforce costs, cloak and the ability, but 100mun is too much for a muns starved faction
3 May 2015, 14:26 PM

They are extremely good.

"extremely good" - That's a huge overstatement. They have some advantages over PGrens and some disadvantages. They are certainly not "extremely" anything.

An example of extremely good was the old flamer HT, Sniper in scout car, ISU-152 4 patches ago, elefant 4 patches ago, Jagd on release.

Those units are extremely good. Stormtroopers are another average infantry unit.
3 May 2015, 16:50 PM

They are extremely good.

Tougher? How? Looking at the stats, PGs are straight up better with their vet bonuses on reduced weapon cooldown. They have the exact same received accuracy modifier at vet.
But, yes, Stormtroopers are better at reinforcing.
Fsj actually get -39% received accuracy total at vet 3. Wow.

Please check your facts:
http://www.coh2.org/guides/29892/the-company-of-heroes-2-veterancy-guide
http://www.coh2-stats.com/
3 May 2015, 18:38 PM

Tougher? How? Looking at the stats, PGs are straight up better with their vet bonuses on reduced weapon cooldown. They have the exact same received accuracy modifier at vet.
But, yes, Stormtroopers are better at reinforcing.
Fsj actually get -39% received accuracy total at vet 3. Wow.

Please check your facts:
http://www.coh2.org/guides/29892/the-company-of-heroes-2-veterancy-guide
http://www.coh2-stats.com/

they are tougher because they start with 0.75 received accuracy. if memory serves its 0.9 for the fsj. that is not something you can find in those links.
3 May 2015, 18:40 PM

"extremely good" - That's a huge overstatement. They have some advantages over PGrens and some disadvantages. They are certainly not "extremely" anything.

An example of extremely good was the old flamer HT, Sniper in scout car, ISU-152 4 patches ago, elefant 4 patches ago, Jagd on release.

Those units are extremely good. Stormtroopers are another average infantry unit.

You mean OP as hell? ST are an extremely good but balanced infantry unit.
3 May 2015, 18:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2015, 18:38 PMZyllen

they are tougher because they start with 0.75 received accuracy. if memory serves its 0.9 for the fsj. that is not something you can find in those links.

Please don't take this personally, but, unless you can provide stronger evidence than your memory, I'm going to say that base received accuracy isn't a stat that exists.
I'd love it if we had complete stats on the stats site, though, if it does exist! I'd hate having to refer to uncertain things rather than providing them directly, or bug someone to poke in the files to confirm (Cruzzi pls).

Edit: asked Cruzzi in Romeo's Twitch chat if 'base received accuracy' exists. It exists at a squad level, rather than entity level as I expected. I still have no idea where to find this information, but at least base received accuracy exists. :(
3 May 2015, 19:05 PM

problem is that they arent economical at all in a 1v1 scenario. You pay 100mun for the same weapons PG's have. You may get lower reinforce costs, cloak and the ability, but 100mun is too much for a muns starved faction

ammo starved? not really. much more that they simply have the best vanilla upgrades. people do not pg's because they drain mp like no tomorrow. now you have the ability to get better pg's and instead of using only mp also use ammo. overall this means they are less of a overall
3 May 2015, 19:10 PM

Please don't take this personally, but, unless you can provide stronger evidence than your memory, I'm going to say that base received accuracy isn't a stat that exists.
I'd love it if we had complete stats on the stats site, though, if it does exist! I'd hate having to refer to uncertain things rather than providing them directly, or bug someone to poke in the files to confirm (Cruzzi pls).

Edit: asked Cruzzi in Romeo's Twitch chat if 'base received accuracy' exists. It exists at a squad level, rather than entity level as I expected. I still have no idea where to find this information, but at least base received accuracy exists. :(

wait you never wondered why an ober didnt drop as quickly as a volks?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★