Login

russian armor

Ostheer - MG42

PAGES (29)down
18 Feb 2015, 16:56 PM

BACK IN 2013 THREAD
18 Feb 2015, 17:09 PM

Permanently Banned

Jesus kid. Everybody is already playing defensively with Ost. Its just like the old days, OH trying to lock down 1/3 of the map. Problem being that OH does by no means possess as strong a lategame relative to vCoH Wehr vs US. Advising people to "learn how to play" is not constructive either, nor is it classy...

Complete Bullshit

Well lemme just use your own words

Problem being that USF does by no means possess as strong a lategame relative to vCoH Wehr vs US. CAlling other players "kids" is not constructive either, nor is it classy...
18 Feb 2015, 17:21 PM

Ask the tourney stats then.Numbers don't lie.

I do not care about ''Tourney stats''. I care about autosearch numbers and they always favour axis.
18 Feb 2015, 17:26 PM

Permanently Banned
inb4 ivised posts

listen to what lemon said earlier in the thread in his posts. having played vs his MG42-heavy start last night I can say in complete confidence that the MG42 in it's current state is totally fine. When played smart and utilized correctly depending on the map, is incredibly powerful.

"hurr durr smoke nades" like lemon said, if you see one, reposition. It's not hard. If your opponent is burning 25 munis every time he sees one of your MGs, he's gonna be strained for munis himself. Not only that but you can use smoke nades against your enemy; if you can't see them, they can't see you, so set up a counter-ambush as they advance through the smoke.
18 Feb 2015, 18:06 PM

micro play done
18 Feb 2015, 18:10 PM

Complete Bullshit

Well lemme just use your own words

Problem being that USF does by no means possess as strong a lategame relative to vCoH Wehr vs US. CAlling other players "kids" is not constructive either, nor is it classy...

Rara. I am too tired for this puerile back and forth. Just actually play OH, instead of theorizing. You'll see.
18 Feb 2015, 18:10 PM

inb4 ivised posts

listen to what lemon said earlier in the thread in his posts. having played vs his MG42-heavy start last night I can say in complete confidence that the MG42 in it's current state is totally fine. When played smart and utilized correctly depending on the map, is incredibly powerful.

"hurr durr smoke nades" like lemon said, if you see one, reposition. It's not hard. If your opponent is burning 25 munis every time he sees one of your MGs, he's gonna be strained for munis himself. Not only that but you can use smoke nades against your enemy; if you can't see them, they can't see you, so set up a counter-ambush as they advance through the smoke.

Everybody can make a mg42 work, Including i. But its vastly inferior to the maxim or 50 cal. It needs far more babysitting and you need far more skill and foresight then when you need a maxim. to the point i say fuck the mg42 lets get another gren squad.

So people have right to complain about it. they have the right to complain that the suppression is so low that people can reach nade distance before the mg suppresses them. they also have the right to complain that the gun taverse speed is way to slow
18 Feb 2015, 18:12 PM

inb4 ivised posts

You played against Lemon, and no offence, he is in a bit of a different weight class. Use it yourself, see for yourself, select OH play 1v1. First competent dude who can actually micro his Rifles/Cons will change your mind I reckon.

FYI I dont share Austerlitzes' borderline apocalyptic outlook on the matter, but descriptions such as "incredibly powerful" and "totally fine" make me cringe quite a bit. You can't do without the MG 42, and its not like its useless, but it does not really fill its intended role.
18 Feb 2015, 18:15 PM

Permanently Banned

You played against Lemon, and no offence, he is in a bit of a different weight class.

Just so you know, I won. :snfAmi:
18 Feb 2015, 18:39 PM

Permanently Banned

Rara. I am too tired for this puerile back and forth. Just actually play OH, instead of theorizing. You'll see.

Whats ur ost 1v1 rank.

im currious
18 Feb 2015, 18:40 PM

What i expect - less than 3-4 rifles shouldn't frontally walk in and beat mg42 due to bad traverse or unreliable suppression or whatver,gunner getting killed- which happens.
Suppressed squads shouldn't wipe mg regularly with grenade.

Instead of wandering on this forum you should play more, at highest level nobody goes with 2 squads in an MG cone to try to take it. TADAA problem solve.:thumbsup:
Now if you cannot stop them from taking your MG, you deserve to lose isn't it?
18 Feb 2015, 18:55 PM

Whats ur ost 1v1 rank.

im currious

At present, twohundredsomething. I've been in the top 100 though. That was when instavet riflemen werent around. ;)
18 Feb 2015, 18:57 PM

Just so you know, I won. :snfAmi:

Oh Lord, eh, congrats. ;) Did you switch factions afterwards?
18 Feb 2015, 19:00 PM

Permanently Banned

At present, twohundredsomething. I've been in the top 100 though. That was when instavet riflemen werent around. ;)

player card or your lying

But of course u must already know this
18 Feb 2015, 19:02 PM

player card or your lying

But of course u must already know this

Lol, as you please. I am not sure it is terribly wise on my part to assume that you will adhere to a a gentlemans agreement, but I'll send you a PM on condition that you will not make it public.
18 Feb 2015, 19:09 PM

Katitof actually had a rank like that when G43 grenadiers were the old terminator weapons. During that time it was pretty easy to get a high rank in any game mode as Ostheer.

Back then...
18 Feb 2015, 19:12 PM

Katitof actually had a rank like that when G43 grenadiers were the old terminator weapons. During that time it was pretty easy to get a high rank in any game mode as Ostheer.

Back then...

Thats true, but that was not that time I am referring too, and no, it was not the "I can click on the Tiger Ace button and therefore am entitled to win" period either. I am a good deal better ranked with all other factions btw, even with OKW, and I barely play them. I mean, if I made a herculean effort and focused solely on OH I could perhaps get back there, but its just too fucking frustrating and I consistantly lose to people I regularly meet and often defeat in other matchups. The true indication of imbalance is that as US I have a realistic shot at beating top 50 OH players and even get top 10 ones into serious trouble, players that sweep me off the map in 15 minutes in any other constellation...
18 Feb 2015, 19:22 PM

Permanently Banned

Lol, as you please. I am not sure it is terribly wise on my part to assume that you will adhere to a a gentlemans agreement, but I'll send you a PM on condition that you will not make it public.

Of course

No public
18 Feb 2015, 19:25 PM

Of course

No public

Well if I am lying you are of course free to tell so. Which I am not. Anyways, PM sent.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS