Login

russian armor

Ostheer: What is to be done?

PAGES (19)down
16 Feb 2015, 21:27 PM

In my opnion the mg needs a slight suppression and traverse buff of 10 % the unit is perfectly fine. at vet 2 so we shall see how it works.

PG are a bit to expensive reduce cost to 300 MP

A major issue is the lack of a good early mobile unit for the ost especially when dealing with maxim and sniper spam . the 222 really needs a major overhaul. make it cost 320/50 320 hp main gun and mg (remember usf track has 2 mg's)is on par with the usf track

Jacksons eat tier 3 for breakfast. a problem that has emerged since coh 2 rolled of the beta. the lack of a tank destroyer is really killing tier 3

The tier 4 brumbar. in my personal experience the p4 does its job significantly better. not worth the cost either decrease the cost or buff it someway.
16 Feb 2015, 21:39 PM

Buff to all MGs across the board by removing 25% increased damage. Slight increase to MG42 suppression. Make MGs so they CAN counter at least 3x Infantry squads if placed well and not flanked well.

Lower tech cost of BPs.

Increase Gren base DPS, lower damage of LMG42 upgrade to compensate making them equal to how they are today. Giving better early firepower vs Rifles and the same when the LMG is unlocked. Alternativley more damage in their weapon profiles may accomplish the same thing. So that they arent SO bad vs Rifles up close.

Of course remove the negative cover from Scripts to keep them up to par.
16 Feb 2015, 21:50 PM

*Ducks under table to avoid being hit by rocks*

Nerf Jackson damage to 160 and not compensate for nerf. Itll still be miles better than the su-85 simply because of the turret (and teching). It is better to change one unit to improve other units than to buff multiple units to stand a chance against one unit.

Though most importantly... USF and OKW teching is dirt cheap compared to Ostheer and Soviet teching (even more so since teching for WFA rewards you in turn for teching) - and Ostheer has the most mp intensive teching overall.

I still fear Ostheer being able to fast tech to T4 and put out a panther fast enough to deal with enemy armor... OKW can do it, but they have no other battle tank (good job, design team), but Ostheer has T3. T3 is not a thing vs. USF, but then the nerf should make things somewhat better...

Brummbar should definitely be cheaper, since its AI performance is nothing special. Panzerwerfer definitely should perform better... But T4 is the final stock tier for the late game. I do not want to ever see it as a option over T3; but only as an upgrade of T3.
16 Feb 2015, 21:57 PM

The Panzerwerfer should be moved back to T3 like it originally was. I don't see why it would be an issue as barring adding more units to the same Ostheer will still lack Indirect fire, but having the Pwerf in t3 would help deal with Rifleblobs and soviet weapons team spam.

The Brummbar is actually a very awesome unit as far as squad wipes go, but it's so bloody expensive I only find myself getting them If I'm floating a shitload of fuel or my OKW friends already have AT covered.
16 Feb 2015, 21:58 PM
Donator 11

Ostheer is fine
16 Feb 2015, 22:10 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 16:52 PMKatitof
Reduce costs to get to T4, increase costs of teching for USF and OKW.

Units themselves are mostly fine, but relic slowed down teching for vanila armies for a reason and that reason certainly wasn't so we could get new armies with ultra fast teching.

Old armies need to invest a hefty amount of time, menpower and fuel on their teching, new armies do not even notice any strain on the resources when teching not to mention the time saved because of no need to retreat builder unit and use it to get the tier building up and runnig. That is the problem here.

Tbh Ostheers biggest problems are the early and mid game, not the end game (because Tigers). I feel like speeding up teching to T4 isn't going to help much with that.
16 Feb 2015, 22:10 PM
Patrion 14

Ostheer is fine

In 1v1 it's absolutely not.
16 Feb 2015, 22:12 PM

Tigers aren't really what's holding up Ostheer late game, since a Tiger with support will always lose out to a IS2 with support. And more often than not Ostheer cannot afford to skip teching like Soviets can with IS2 spam.
16 Feb 2015, 22:17 PM

4-5 grens, 2-pac into Tigers still works very well.

The problem isn't that they're not competitive but that in order to be competitive you have to follow a restrictive formula. Learn that formula and get creative outside of it.

That applies to the other factions as well, arguably to a lesser extent.
16 Feb 2015, 22:27 PM

The problem isn't that they're not competitive but that in order to be competitive you have to follow a restrictive formula. Learn that formula and get creative outside of it.

Grens at the moment suffer from the same issues that Pgrens do, small squad size means it's very easy to wipe a squad in a single shot. In the late game were indirect fire and heavy tanks rule the battlefield it's a extremely unfriendly place a 4 man squad of any type.

Ostheer obviously does have strategies that work, but what they do have that works is still very easy to counter.
16 Feb 2015, 22:27 PM
Donator 11

COH2 is not competetive becouse of RNG
16 Feb 2015, 22:44 PM

This is pretty reliably countered by Conspam into t2 ZiS with Shocks to IS-2. Played on both sides of that equation alot recently, and given similar skill level Soviets will come out ahead with reliability. Shocks plus flames work very well at killing the German pak line or at least forcing it out of position, and then the IS-2 will do its thing.
Ele performs alot better against it.

"Pussyking", do you have a single OH 1v1 under your belt, in all honesty?
16 Feb 2015, 22:49 PM

I have been loving Fortified Armor lately, the Elefant is a beautiful tank and a Hull down Panther has only slightly less range than a Jackson. It's a much more reliable counter to IS2 spam than Tigers. Show me a man who spams tigers and I will show you a man who will regret to live in a world were mines and AT grenades exist.

For comedy hull down a Command PIV, and watch it turn Rifle Blobs into hamburger, I killed a Easy Eight with it (with a little help from a Pak40 and faust of course).
16 Feb 2015, 22:53 PM

Ostheer is fine
Joke of the day.

When was the last time you did see Panzerwerfers, Flame-HTs, 105mm Haubitze and to some extend StuGs being used in competitive gaming? There are too many useless units for Ostheer.

The same applies to Soviets (SU-76, lategame Conscripts).

The old factions are lackluster.

Running into MG42s is standard gameplay.

USA hard counter Ostheer. Run into their MGs with infantry and kill off the gunners. Finish their tanks with Jacksons before the Ost-player can react. I win button P47s to top it off. Totally l2p.
16 Feb 2015, 22:57 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 22:10 PMCptEend

In 1v1 it's absolutely not.

+1
16 Feb 2015, 23:12 PM
Donator 11

This is pretty reliably countered by Conspam into t2 ZiS with Shocks to IS-2. Played on both sides of that equation alot recently, and given similar skill level Soviets will come out ahead with reliability. Shocks plus flames work very well at killing the German pak line or at least forcing it out of position, and then the IS-2 will do its thing.
Ele performs alot better against it.

"Pussyking", do you have a single OH 1v1 under your belt, in all honesty?

I was playing ost until WFA. I remember the glorious days of Tiger "GG" Ace.

16 Feb 2015, 23:50 PM

So did I, so what? There have been alot of crass imbalances throughout the history of the game, one way or another, and now OH has the short end of the stick. Alot has changed since WFA release... OH has been nerfed considerably across the board, it is extremely unforgiving to play - not only against US by the way - and on certain maps this is strongly exarcerbated, Semois, Kholodny Winter, La Gleize etc.. You can pretty easily lose the game through not much fault of your own already once the M20 hits the field. Play 15-20 games of OH 1s in this patch, and I will assure you you'll be tempted to rip your hair out afterwards. Conspam, Vet 2 rifles straight off the bat, etc. etc..
16 Feb 2015, 23:59 PM
Donator 11

So did I, so what? There have been alot of crass imbalances throughout the history of the game, one way or another, and now OH has the short end of the stick. Alot has changed since WFA release... OH has been nerfed considerably across the board, it is extremely unforgiving to play - not only against US by the way - and on certain maps this is strongly exarcerbated, Semois, Kholodny Winter, La Gleize etc.. You can pretty easily lose the game through not much fault of your own already once the M20 hits the field. Play 15-20 games of OH 1s in this patch, and I will assure you you'll be tempted to rip your hair out afterwards. Conspam, Vet 2 rifles straight off the bat, etc. etc..

The old ost strats still deliver a punch: assgrens on stalingrad, agressive halftrack + grens with lmgs combo VS usf, relief inf strats, onfield howi and double pak40 wins games vs USF.
17 Feb 2015, 00:10 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

'Glorious'?

17 Feb 2015, 02:04 AM

Wehr is the only faction doesn't have a proper tank destroyer (with 60 range) in comparison with other factions; OKW's JP, Soviet's SU-85, USF's Jackson.

This faction could use one for the balance with other factions.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS