Login

russian armor

British Forces vs. Afrikakorps - My suggestions

17 Feb 2015, 18:52 PM
Benefactor 115

British were portrayed like shit in Opposing Fronts. No emphasis on light recon tanks, the whole emphasis on basic infantry being unable to walk at a normal pace unless an officer was holding their hand.

It was total shite and I hope they do them justice this time round. I also hope they revisit the soviets to make them more soviet i.e. more SMGs, tank riding etc.
17 Feb 2015, 19:07 PM

British were portrayed like shit in Opposing Fronts. No emphasis on light recon tanks, the whole emphasis on basic infantry being unable to walk at a normal pace unless an officer was holding their hand.

It was total shite and I hope they do them justice this time round. I also hope they revisit the soviets to make them more soviet i.e. more SMGs, tank riding etc.

If only, man. If only...
17 Feb 2015, 20:13 PM

I agree with Wombat and IpKai re OF Brits and poor design choices.

Also, I hope we get plenty of actual British equipment rather than just Relic deciding to take the lazy route and use existing USF assets and say they're Lend-Lease equipment. I'm not really a fan of the faction designs proposed in this thread, but I do appreciate the thought and effort.

Depending on the time frame, I'd love to see the Matilda II as well.
17 Feb 2015, 20:29 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Disrespectful post #58 invised

EDIT: I am totally in agreement with posts #52 onwards (other than post #58)

Back to topic.

17 Feb 2015, 21:02 PM

17 Feb 2015, 23:05 PM

The Brits emphasized an army doctrine focused around minimizing casualties since they were pretty manpower starved during the war. It would be interesting to see that implemented into the faction. The entire faction could feature a slightly reduced manpower income but come with a number of tools to help mitigate MP loss such as a casualty clearing station that in addition to healing and reinforcing squads could be upgraded to collect nearby dying soldiers and refund some MP when they’re successfully returned (sorry no zombie Tommie squads).

Other ideas for unit design include:

Tommies - Tommies could function as expensive starter infantry with a focus on defensive stats and the ability to build a trench (NOT an OF style trench though) or another form of defensive structure. By default they would have bolt action rifles but could upgrade to Bren LMGs.

Bren Carrier – The Bren Carrier could act as durable early scouting vehicle with above average LoS and below average firepower. Since Bren carriers mounted a wide variety of weapons during the war it might be interesting to allow it to choose between upgrading to a Vickers MG allowing suppression similar to a kubel’s, a 2-inch mortar to provide indirect fire support, or a boys anti-tank rifle and PIAT to provide light AT.

Crusader - A cruiser tank the Crusader could perform like a speedy medium tank with a focus on AT capabilities. The tank would feature excellent acceleration and top speed while retaining the standard 600 HP and 40 yard range most medium tanks have but in return suffer from weak armor for a medium. The highlight of the Crusader would be it's 6 pounder gun which would perform closely to the American 57mm at gun in terms of RoF and penetration. While the 6 pounder might seem a weak gun initially the high RoF and decent penetration would mean it is capable of putting out an above average amount of dps for a medium, particularly when flanking.
17 Feb 2015, 23:20 PM

>Proposing New Static, Buildable Defences for the Allies

>Stuka Zu Fuss Exists

Nope.
17 Feb 2015, 23:24 PM

I don't think anyone really wants the OF Brits and their sim city approach...
17 Feb 2015, 23:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 23:24 PMCabreza
I don't think anyone really wants the OF Brits and their sim city approach...

I don't want that OR the stuka zu fuss vet 0 satellite guided unmissable super accurate building wiping barrages :D

Why on earth the scatter pattern of the flame barrage isn't the used for the vanilla barrage baffles me. Priests have to vet up for their walking barrages. Soviet indirects have to vet up for a single precision shot, never mind a barrage. Both of them pay munitions for it to boot. What makes stukas so special?
18 Feb 2015, 00:25 AM

I like the idea of North Africa, but sadly it wouldn't fit in a game like COH. Luckily i have Men of war.
18 Feb 2015, 03:25 AM

I don't want that OR the stuka zu fuss vet 0 satellite guided unmissable super accurate building wiping barrages :D

Why on earth the scatter pattern of the flame barrage isn't the used for the vanilla barrage baffles me. Priests have to vet up for their walking barrages. Soviet indirects have to vet up for a single precision shot, never mind a barrage. Both of them pay munitions for it to boot. What makes stukas so special?

100 fuel, longest cooldown time, and dies to any AT that gets in range.
18 Feb 2015, 03:58 AM

It's literally OKW's only indirect fire unit.
18 Feb 2015, 05:37 AM

It's literally OKW's only indirect fire unit.

ISG
18 Feb 2015, 05:44 AM

ISG

Don't you dare mention the name of that horrible waste of MP.

18 Feb 2015, 16:09 PM

i don't want to see the bren carrier ever again.... ever
18 Feb 2015, 16:35 PM

Then you don't want to see brits again as it was pretty much the mechanized backbone of their army.
Bren is for british troops pretty much what 221 and 250 for axis.
18 Feb 2015, 17:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2015, 16:35 PMKatitof

Then you don't want to see brits again as it was pretty much the mechanized backbone of their army.
Bren is for british troops pretty much what 221 and 250 for axis.

In addition I didn't think about the Bren Carrier as it was in vCoH where it came some time before a hard counter arrived.
I thought of it more like a Sdkfz 251 like Katitof said and as a armoured Kubelwagen that would compensate the British lack of heavy machine guns.
It also would appear in T2 like Paks and not in T0 like in vCoH.

I also got the idea of a unlockable (60 Mun) ability to refresh units from the Bren Carrier. What do you think?
18 Feb 2015, 18:41 PM
Patrion 14

Kubel is more easily abused than the Bren was IMO
18 Feb 2015, 19:32 PM

Kubel is more easily abused than the Bren was IMO

How? The Kubel is so bloody fragile that you need basically perfect micro to keep it alive past the first few minutes of the game.
18 Feb 2015, 19:44 PM
Patrion 14

I think it's the suppression - the Bren had the vickers upgrade that cost munis but it was slower. Bren-in-Bren was pretty OP.

But on some maps two kubels and sturms = gg. Yeah I know, L2P blah blah blah.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 43
unknown 14
unknown 10
Germany 15

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %