Login

russian armor

OKW fast double Obers

12 Feb 2015, 20:49 PM

Soviets:

Demo Charges. Mortars. Conscripts, lots of them. Katusha. Mines. M3 quad. double maxims and merge. T-70.

US:

Rifleman (vet) + smoke nade. 1919Paras. Scott. Aaht. Sherman. Trollcanistershot.

Wait... you use conscripts to counter obers?

Do you also use T-70s to counter KT?

You don't play this game much at all, right?
*looks at playercard*
Nope, you do not.
12 Feb 2015, 21:32 PM

The only reliable way to counter Obers is to use a Sherman, its retarded but USF offers no soft counter for this. As for the Soviets, T-70 or a well position multiple Maximums can stop them. Lastly, perhaps double Shocks IF you catch them off guard and get close, all comes to situation for Sovs.
12 Feb 2015, 21:48 PM

Its so funny to see all the creative solutions.

OKW player a - moves his 2 Obers in the meanwhile.

There is a reason why OKW is so heavily discussed.
12 Feb 2015, 21:52 PM

Obers can kill Shock befre they reach them, Obers can wipe Maxim, Cons... Heh dying like flies.
Also 120 is higly RNG unit. It's very expensive and you can get 40kills thought game or 7.

It's almost like they gave shocks a certain grenade that lets them close distance with out getting shot.....

And the 120 is no more or less RNG than any indirect fire, save to say like any artillery piece you will have more like hitting emplacements than moving targets.

Its so funny to see all the creative solutions.

OKW player a - moves his 2 Obers in the meanwhile.

There is a reason why OKW is so heavily discussed.

Maybe give OKW more options then?
12 Feb 2015, 21:59 PM

It's almost like they gave shocks a certain grenade that lets them close distance with out getting shot.....

And the 120 is no more or less RNG than any indirect fire, save to say like any artillery piece you will have more like hitting emplacements than moving targets.

Maybe give OKW more options then?

Oh yes! Good Obers will wait for my shocks when they get out from the smoke!

Throw smoke -> Obers will move back -> get out from smoke -> obers still have max range.

And what options USF have?
Rifles, Rifles, Rifles and yes, more Rifles!
12 Feb 2015, 22:08 PM

Oh yes! Good Obers will wait for my shocks when they get out from the smoke!

Throw smoke -> Obers will move back -> get out from smoke -> obers still have max range.

And what options USF have?
Rifles, Rifles, Rifles and yes, more Rifles!

More than 1 thing can be bad at a time, both USF and OKW can both be poorly designed. And by moving back the Obers have given up cover and you will have a better time dealing with them, or they abandoned the point they were on so it's yours no. Making them retreat with out having to take damage is always a good thing.

Some game's I won't fire more than 2-3 shots with my Sturmtiger, but every time it's about to fire It makes my enemy retreat which really adds up and costs them map control.
12 Feb 2015, 22:18 PM

Did anyone say to make sure the T4 building dies everytime they build it? Thats the most reliable way. Of course not always possible. Works a Treat on Langerkaya when they get greedy and try to protect the center VP.

Blob o Rifles cap up to center. Build FP. Upgrade with MG (only reliable suppression) plop RE inside. Move up ATG level truck. Repeat.

Blob of Rifles force retreat blob of shreks making your FP last longer. FP suppressed Obers if any are built at this point.

YRMV depends upon Med truck for OKW and no armor on the field.
12 Feb 2015, 22:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2015, 20:49 PMKatitof

Wait... you use conscripts to counter obers?

Do you also use T-70s to counter KT?

You don't play this game much at all, right?
*looks at playercard*
Nope, you do not.

As part of the equivalent in army strength to his force when he builds 2 obers. Yes. And something of the other mentioned things.

Did i imply using a T-70 against a KT? But if you want to put it that way, i'll throw a T-34 behind a KT anytime of the day if it got support.

I indeed do play this game. Lets play a 1v1 and find out what your big mouth is worth.
12 Feb 2015, 22:45 PM

For me the only way to end the haunting is KV-8 or Sherman´s smoke with Paras and DemoCharges against OKW´s SP Headquarter. Otherwise praying. :unsure:
12 Feb 2015, 23:22 PM

As part of the equivalent in army strength to his force when he builds 2 obers. Yes. And something of the other mentioned things.

Did i imply using a T-70 against a KT? But if you want to put it that way, i'll throw a T-34 behind a KT anytime of the day if it got support.

I indeed do play this game. Lets play a 1v1 and find out what your big mouth is worth.

you do realize the equivalent force of conscripts still gets wrecked, conscripts have to leave cover just to try to get in range to not get dominated by the lmgs, in which case their dps lowers on the approach and for a time the conscripts are out of cover.

Stay out at long range and loose, close in to close and loose, try to mass molitov and get counter grenaded (which these hurt way more than the rng flame crits)

Shocks, upgraded paratroopers, and m1919 rifles are the only infantry that can even attempt to trade
12 Feb 2015, 23:59 PM

"As part", is what you propably overread. 2 Obers vs 4 Conscripts is not as onesided as you make it be. But when there are no Schreckvolks, which sheep mentioned, you'd be far better with the T-70 anyway. When there are volks and you just throw one maxim into the equation, obers have to focus it while cons close the distance.

I do agree with you about the attempt to trade part. And would even say vetting Obers in xp rich shootouts is propably still not tradeworthy.
13 Feb 2015, 01:56 AM

Seeing as I try to go for double Obers as fast as possible to counter the marauding shock/rifle(choose to your liking) I can probably tell you what works against them seeing as I sometimes get face stomped really bad, despite the immense killing power of Obers.

First up would probably be the scott. Unless your enemy already has panthers, those are probably your first choice as americans. Another way would be to send in troops with flamethrowers, seeing as they can be brutal with their flame crits at times. Granted, its a bit unrealiable, but it works. Muster up a squad or two as cannon fodder and screening troops, backed up by flamers that advance in while your other troops soak up the fire. A very unrealiable(because its not gonna work against skilled players) but nonetheless viable one is to go in with a rifle m1919 blob. The sheer dps will just shred the Obers in seconds before they can do any serious damage.

As russians, snipers will probably be your first choice, if youve got good micro. If not, refrain from it as the lmg34 will just shred through them in a matter of 1-2sec and its gonna be a bottomless manpower drain. Ive seen ppl pull this one off very successfully against me and others, while Ive also seen micro scrubs try to do it but lose something like 3 snipers in the process of failing horribly. An early t70 would work too, if you can kite properly to avoid the shreck blob. With a panther backing up the OKW units thats not an option though. Mortars or, for that matter, any AOE explosives that arent offmaps work pretty well too. 2 mgs will do the trick aswell. While they are busy shredding 1 of them(which will probably end up as dead meat), the other one will get the job done.

Half of these options are not viable anymore once the obers reach vet somewhere around vet3-4 or get assault rifles though because their dps will just go through the ceiling and anything involving infantry is doomed to fail. At that point, your only chance is really only to avoid them at all costs and praying to the rng gods that your sherman/is2/isu/whatever will get a 1-shot squadwipe.

Generally, its hard to tell the outcome as the game just has too much rng and youll never see the shreck blob back them up 100% of the time(otherwise, just avoid them and score a win due to superior map presence). Youll have to be careful, avoid them as much as possible and sometimes make risky moves to try and exploit a gap your opponent has left in his lines to wipe the obers on retreat or catch them off guard with a tank.

E://

One thing I forgot, probably the most important one aswell. Place mines wherever you can. Demos are optional but useful too. The mines are your priority nr1 though. Obers are super prone to getting squad wiped by mines, because of their squad size. I cant tell you how often Ive lost full health vet5 obers to 1 mine because my minesweepers were on the other side of the map.
13 Feb 2015, 04:22 AM
Patrion 28

suppression, indirect fire, and tanks counter obers. how well they do depends on the unit and what else the enemy has. you might be able to do something with snipers though.
13 Feb 2015, 13:35 PM

Lets play a 1v1 and find out what your big mouth is worth.

..... Aaaand we have a challange!!
I propose Kithara and Katitof play 1v1 and Imperial Dane cast the game. It would be fun. Such battles should be organized from time to time like a medieval jousting tournament. :rolleyes:
13 Feb 2015, 15:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 13:35 PMJohnnyB

..... Aaaand we have a challange!!
I propose Kithara and Katitof play 1v1 and Imperial Dane cast the game. It would be fun. Such battles should be organized from time to time like a medieval jousting tournament. :rolleyes:

Money where the mouth is, I like it! It should be a rule from now on, if you want to make claims be prepared to back it up and prove it in-game.
13 Feb 2015, 15:50 PM

Seeing as I try to go for double Obers as fast as possible to counter the marauding shock/rifle(choose to your liking) I can probably tell you what works against them seeing as I sometimes get face stomped really bad, despite the immense killing power of Obers.

For all the complaints on okw few people point out similar to the above. Obers are the okw counter to the rifle blobs. Problem is said counter is wrecking everything on two legs. The stuka stopped being such a good counter after good players figured out how to dodge it. Sturm is good but also risky fuel investment if they switch to heavy tank play.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 98

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight