Login

russian armor

In-game Clan Support

11 Feb 2015, 16:53 PM

Anybody else excited as hell about this feature (assuming it comes to light)?

Would be pretty awesome if we could tie in logo's with it.

Seems like this is a stepping stone for additional competition and ladders.
m00
11 Feb 2015, 17:04 PM
Donator 11

Hell ya! Will be a great addition to my favorite game and I'm really stoked about seeing how it plays out. With the ability to see other clan rosters and stuff, it'll be a lot of fun.
11 Feb 2015, 17:05 PM

I for one would love to see this, especially if decals were linked to it.

I seem to remember reading that they mentioned something about screening custom decals, would be good to see this related to allow for clan members to have either the same or different clan logos. 4v4's with each member rawring into battle wearing his own badge of honor. even found room for a bear joke :P
11 Feb 2015, 17:48 PM

What do other games do for in-game logos/designs?
11 Feb 2015, 18:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2015, 17:48 PMNapalm
What do other games do for in-game logos/designs?

In warframe you have to buy a clanlogo(placeholder), then you need your clan to upload a logo and its being inspected so there is nothing offensive. I dont think relic can do it like that, I mean look at the game...
If they wanted to add half of the clanfeatures a game like warframe has it would take them a decade or something :sealed:

Not to mention frequency of updates and events...
11 Feb 2015, 18:24 PM
Donator 11

Hopefully they can kind of do what theh did with shogun 2s multiplayer and you could have like....clan wars and such.

Who know, still a cool feature that I'm excited about
11 Feb 2015, 18:25 PM

I think it could be done as long as there is a fee paid. Money is a motivator after all.
11 Feb 2015, 18:33 PM

It would be interesting to find out if they are allowing for our steam avatars to be used as decals!
11 Feb 2015, 19:38 PM

It would be interesting to find out if they are allowing for our steam avatars to be used as decals!

KKK Swasticock clan decal? No thank you.

Btw I don't know if this is exciting or not, there are not that many clans around and only a couple of them are well known (aside from TAB, SBs etc.). I mean it's good to have a feature like this, but it's not like we're gonna have clans wars in this game.
11 Feb 2015, 20:26 PM
Donator 11

How about a real ladder system to begin with?
11 Feb 2015, 20:36 PM

Permanently Banned
Soo many things that need to be fixed.
11 Feb 2015, 21:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2015, 19:38 PMRMMLz

but it's not like we're gonna have clans wars in this game.

Build it and they will come.
11 Feb 2015, 21:19 PM

Clan Decals anyone? Relic Pls. I know it isn't Relicistic (Relics balance of Historic and realistic) but it'd be awesome.
11 Feb 2015, 21:23 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2015, 20:26 PMspajn
How about a real ladder system to begin with?

This. In order to improve the competitive scene your have to provide the basics, decals and such are nice to have content, a proper ranking system is a prerequisite.
11 Feb 2015, 21:53 PM

Clans these days are uninteresting. Back in the day several clans like WmD RoM Reborn RUKA etc had a long recruit process where you had to apply and get to know the members and play with them for several months then maybe get accepted. Back in those days clans developed a lot of their own players skills. Now the process for most clans is be good, apply for a clan, add your tag the next day. Lame.
11 Feb 2015, 22:50 PM
Patrion 14

Clans these days are uninteresting. Back in the day several clans like WmD RoM Reborn RUKA etc had a long recruit process where you had to apply and get to know the members and play with them for several months then maybe get accepted. Back in those days clans developed a lot of their own players skills. Now the process for most clans is be good, apply for a clan, add your tag the next day. Lame.

Back in the day when you were 13? :snfCHVGame:
11 Feb 2015, 22:52 PM

tumbleweed tumbleweed western music

There are no clans left in coh2
11 Feb 2015, 23:11 PM
Benefactor 355

I see all of these clans now are active, and play da franchise as never before #MVGame

11 Feb 2015, 23:15 PM

12 Feb 2015, 01:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2015, 19:38 PMRMMLz

Btw I don't know if this is exciting or not, there are not that many clans around and only a couple of them are well known (aside from TAB, SBs etc.). I mean it's good to have a feature like this, but it's not like we're gonna have clans wars in this game.

I'm pretty sure you'll find they mentioned something like screening custom decals if they went ahead with custom ones. It would be the smart move to do so. Besides clans in CoH2 doesn't really refer to large groups in particular, a group of 2-4 friends could decide to get a clan name and play under that with the possibility of being able to use a custom decal.

I feel I should mention that naming them 'clans' in CoH2 sounds really stupid to me. I'd prefer to see names like squad, platoon, battalion, panzergruppen (too tired can't think of better ones) based on their group size. The if a group is large enough give them an option to select an assigned number.

For examples you could have, the RNG 1st Battalion (Big Red One) or the TAB 101st Battalion.

I think it would be a nice bit of polish to see games containing members of 'clans' from separate squads, groups, battalions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 112

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight