Login

russian armor

okwunits

PAGES (7)down
10 Feb 2015, 22:15 PM

Hey there this may look like a cry baby cry thread but i just want to pack my thoughts into 1 comment

1.schrecks
Completly shuts down light vehicles like t70 aa-halftrack m20
Does make it very very hard to use medium tanks!!!!
Allso not bad against inf.

2.Ober
Forces you too insta retread inf.(if not vet3) kills weaponteams outright
Only counter if schrecks are on the field is artyspam

3. The most broken unit : walking stuka (in 2v2)
it squadwipes almost everything that it hits with its perfect accuricy
At-guns mgs mortars are just like please kill me signs
Non-doctorinial
Katushya and panzerwerfer are fitting there roll perfectly why not the walking stuka
Deals good damage against tanks if hit good
10 Feb 2015, 22:19 PM

The walking stuka is the most obviously artillery piece in the game, you would need to have the game turned all the way down or muted to miss it's firing sound. The recharge on it is also insanely long.

The Panzerwerfer is only good at literally point blank range, and it's super fragile despite being a HT.

The t70 and AA HT thing make no sense when both those units are excellent against infantry and they both outrange volk shreks.
10 Feb 2015, 22:25 PM

OKW dominate all 3v3 up. Volks with Shrecks, Obers, JgPzIV, Panter, ... all perform super.
10 Feb 2015, 22:27 PM

the most ridiculous unit okw has must be the obersoldaten.

they should be priced at about 480-500mp for their performance.
10 Feb 2015, 22:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 22:25 PMAradan
OKW dominate all 3v3 up. Volks with Shrecks, Obers, JgPzIV, Panter, ... all perform super.

The JgPzIV has the worst turning speed and agility of any TD in the game.

the most ridiculous unit has must be the obersoldaten.

The actual unit itself is fairly tame for 400 MP, it's just that the LMG34 is extremely powerful.
10 Feb 2015, 22:33 PM

Permanently Banned

The JgPzIV has the worst turning speed and agility of any TD in the game.

The actual unit itself is fairly tame for 400 MP, it's just that the LMG34 is extremely powerful.

Excuse me, but do they not come with the lmg34 for free. The unit itself is not "tame"
10 Feb 2015, 22:34 PM

+1 on Walking Stuka on Alexzandvar - strong units are good to exist.
It has the price, the difficulty to use it but although the damage to make it worthy sometimes.

+1 on Shrecks being a bit too strong imho. As far as I experienced the range difference between a Shreck and a T70 is negligible. I'd personally prefer nerfing them in one single aspect, for example higher reload time.
I don't think this is the case when looking on the AA-HT, it can quickly pin the infantry while moving so the situation allows for other units (other Infantry, Mortar etc) to kill them. This needs some serious micro management, but it's often useful against Shreck-Blobs.
Beware of overgeneralization ;)
10 Feb 2015, 22:38 PM

Excuse me, but do they not come with the lmg34 for free. The unit itself is not "tame"

My point is that you should just say "make the LMG34 cost something" or "make it doctrinal like the IR StG44" not just "fuck obers". The actual models aren't a game changer alone, as you can see with the fact the ones on the breath-through commander aren't exactly terminators.
10 Feb 2015, 22:42 PM

Permanently Banned

"fuck obers".

Couldn't have said it better myself

:snfBarton:
10 Feb 2015, 22:47 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself

:snfBarton:

Why, take away the LMG34 and Ober's are pretty mediocre.
Patrion 310

The walking stuka is the most obviously artillery piece in the game, you would need to have the game turned all the way down or muted to miss it's firing sound. The recharge on it is also insanely long.

Since when did hearing it = 100% avoidance? Also the recharge really isn't that long once you get vet. Its very easy to get lots of kills and do lots of damage with this unit. Its crazy good at wiping stuff even against good players.

103 kills in a game: http://www.coh2.org/file/7276/pro-stuka-ht.jpg

Almost 1000% eff: http://www.coh2.org/file/7279/stuka-ht-1k.jpg

the most ridiculous unit okw has must be the obersoldaten.

Or they should be cheaper, and LMG should be purchasable. LMG43 in general is total BS, even Combat engineers can snipe units with that thing.
10 Feb 2015, 22:50 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 22:47 PMRMMLz

Or they should be cheaper, and LMG should be purchasable. LMG43 in general is total BS, even Combat engineers can snipe units with that thing.

Wiped obers with motor.

Deployed partisans to get lmg34.

Lets just say. They became heroes of the mother land
10 Feb 2015, 22:53 PM

Since when did hearing it = 100% avoidance? Also the recharge really isn't that long once you get vet. Its very easy to get lots of kills and do lots of damage with this unit. Its crazy good at wiping stuff even against good players.

103 kills in a game: http://www.coh2.org/file/7276/pro-stuka-ht.jpg

Almost 1000% eff: http://www.coh2.org/file/7279/stuka-ht-1k.jpg

It's extremely hard to vet up if it's only hitting infantry due to it's high fuel cost, the easier way to vet it up is have it shoot at mediums/enemy rocket trucks due to the amount of damage the rockets do to armor, although they have a very low pen chance.

2 screenshot's don't prove a whole lot when the time between the sound/firing and the rockets landing is so long you have more than enough time to move all your infantry, weapons teams included.
10 Feb 2015, 22:56 PM

Wiped obers with motor.

Deployed partisans to get lmg34.

Lets just say. They became heroes of the mother land

Hah. That's the point. Although they are good with their Kars (more DPS), the main issue is the LMG 34 as I said. Even removing attack on the move would be great on them. IIRC, LMG 34 does twice damage of LMG42.
10 Feb 2015, 22:56 PM

I dont see a problem with the Stuka but I play 1v1 so dont see it that often. It whipes real good but so do demos. Granted a Demo isnt as mobile and you cant aim them.

But both punish blobbing harder then anything else and I think thats great.

But Obers even at 500MP would be a steal. I think their MP should remain the same or lowered slightly and the LMG32 should be 180 Muni.

That way kills three birds with one stone:

1.) Less Shreks if you want Obers no need to nerf Shreks
2.) No instantly arriving battle turning Obersoldaten Badasses. Like Paras they need to pay for the badassness
3.) Something more for OKW to spend muni on rather then just getting shreks and converting to fuel.
10 Feb 2015, 23:01 PM
Patrion 310

It's extremely hard to vet up if it's only hitting infantry due to it's high fuel cost, the easier way to vet it up is have it shoot at mediums/enemy rocket trucks due to the amount of damage the rockets do to armor, although they have a very low pen chance.

2 screenshot's don't prove a whole lot when the time between the sound/firing and the rockets landing is so long you have more than enough time to move all your infantry, weapons teams included.

It proves plenty. Its easy to vet up if your not an idiot with it. Its also easy to wipe stuff when people move their units because you just fire into where they are running. Most players are predictable.

Could you post your player card so I can get an idea of what skill (or lack of) level you are playing at.
10 Feb 2015, 23:02 PM

I dont see a problem with the Stuka but I play 1v1 so dont see it that often. It whipes real good but so do demos. Granted a Demo isnt as mobile and you cant aim them.

But both punish blobbing harder then anything else and I think thats great.

But Obers even at 500MP would be a steal. I think their MP should remain the same or lowered slightly and the LMG32 should be 180 Muni.

That way kills three birds with one stone:

1.) Less Shreks if you want Obers no need to nerf Shreks
2.) No instantly arriving battle turning Obersoldaten Badasses. Like Paras they need to pay for the badassness
3.) Something more for OKW to spend muni on rather then just getting shreks and converting to fuel.

You know how insanely expensive 180 munitions is for OKW right? The unit with out the LMG34 loses to shocks every time despite costing more. If you want to change Obers just make the LMG34 less powerful, or gate it behind a reasonable amount munitions and reduce the price of the squad or just give them a 5th man.
10 Feb 2015, 23:05 PM

It proves plenty. Its easy to vet up if your not an idiot with it. Its also easy to wipe stuff when people move their units because you just fire into where they are running. Most players are predictable.

Could you post your player card so I can get an idea of what skill (or lack of) level you are playing at.

How about you address my arguments? Time the sound of the stuka firing to the impact rockets and you will find it's more than enough to get out of any buildings/move any infantry unless your siting in a extremely tight corridor. The thing has already been nerfed, I don't see the point of nerfing it further when the only people it punishes are those who blob their units.

And as I said before it doesn't vet up very fast at all, mostly due to the fact it's normally only hitting low cost infantry despite the fact it's a 100 fuel unit. If anything it should have price reduction (which it costing more MP of course) since it's not nearly as useful as it used to be.
10 Feb 2015, 23:06 PM

Cmon gals, lets keep it constructive. Fuck *insert unit that I dont like* isn't getting us anywhere :)

Broad agreement that Obers are kinda overperforming, and i like Jheartless idea pretty much. Obers would still be a nice lategame unit. 180 is abit too much, 120 sounds better regarding OKW income.

Let's rest this Stuka thing, artillery is a necessary tool, and the stuka is a strong one. It requires skill to use and it's area of effect is smaller than the other artillery options (correct me if im wrong).
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 84
Germany 26
United States 22
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L