Login

russian armor

okwunits

PAGES (7)down
12 Feb 2015, 20:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You start with LMG34 till you get vet1-2, then you buy the IR Stg.

Sight range: 00/05/10/15/20/25/30/35
LMG34 Obers: 29/29/28/28/28/27/26/25
STG44 Obers: 64/62/54/37/29/24/19/14

I guess you have a 5m DPS edge against vanilla Obers (since you've 30sight range and units tend to move forward). That 3 dps difference is negated mostly by the Stg acc bonus against cover.
12 Feb 2015, 21:24 PM
Patrion 310

The other major thing about STG's is that they cannot be dropped. Also Obers with STG's that supress will rape shocks all day long :)
12 Feb 2015, 21:51 PM

I wonder why such bullsh*t unit is in the game anyway.
12 Feb 2015, 21:54 PM

I wonder why such bullsh*t unit is in the game anyway.

Because OKW has such a wealth of options to pick from, the Schwer has other infantry that can be made from it like:

If you don't make Obers, basically the only other things you can make are Volks and Sturms! And I wonder why volk spam is such a problem...
12 Feb 2015, 21:56 PM

I just want to know, why Axis factions are better in everything.
Better AT inf, better AI inf, better AT gun, better light tanks, better heavy tanks. Did they win the war or I miss something?

I'm fine with that if it was small difference but axis units are a way better.

Allies have only better medium tanks but who cares inf just after your medium, Panther arrives?

And occasionaly arty.

Because OKW has such a wealth of options to pick from, the Schwer has other infantry that can be made from it like:

If you don't make Obers, basically the only other things you can make are Volks and Sturms! And I wonder why volk spam is such a problem...

Panzerfusi, Falsch, Jaeger.
12 Feb 2015, 21:57 PM

Read my post again.

Think about it.

Join our quest to blame Relics atrocious OKW faction design for it.
12 Feb 2015, 22:05 PM

I just want to know, why Axis factions are better in everything.
Better AT inf, better AI inf, better AT gun, better light tanks, better heavy tanks. Did they win the war or I miss something?

I'm fine with that if it was small difference but axis units are a way better.

Allies have only better medium tanks but who cares inf just after your medium, Panther arrives?

And occasionaly arty.

Panzerfusi, Falsch, Jaeger.

All doctrinal, with Fusiliers being in the best commander out of those 3. Scavenge is good, but it's not nearly as "good in every single game" like Fort and Breakthrough are. Luftwaffe is just bleh on any map that isn't urban.

And Allies have plenty of things that are better; better call ins, better starting game infantry, the best blob counters in the game bar none. Allied indirect fire can make any game horrifyingly hellish for axis.

Not to mention Soviets get the second best super heavy tank in the game which beats every single tank Ostheer or OKW can field barring the KT.

Read my post again.

Think about it.

Join our quest to blame Relics atrocious OKW faction design for it.

Soviets, USF, and OKW are all equally atrociously designed
12 Feb 2015, 22:14 PM

All doctrinal, with Fusiliers being in the best commander out of those 3. Scavenge is good, but it's not nearly as "good in every single game" like Fort and Breakthrough are. Luftwaffe is just bleh on any map that isn't urban.

And Allies have plenty of things that are better; better call ins, better starting game infantry, the best blob counters in the game bar none. Allied indirect fire can make any game horrifyingly hellish for axis.

Not to mention Soviets get the second best super heavy tank in the game which beats every single tank Ostheer or OKW can field barring the KT.

Not equally. Neither Soviets or USF have 5 levels of vet, Schreck baseline 23mp reinforce infantry, mobile headquarters (1 with a medium tank penetrating flak gun), 4 Units of elite and extreme dps infantry, PG Pioneer as starting unit, mobile suppression from the start on and the heaviest tanks available, one of them being non doctrinal.

Soviets may have snipers and call ins. And USF may have...yea what exactly do they have?

Im perfectly fine with facing any other of the factions. Im just feeling pissed when i have no chance to win anymore, because i failed to kill the Flak truck near the med truck fast enough. Or when im having a nice infantry force and suddenly 2 Obers come and literally melt everything. Or when a Luchs needs 3 AT Gun shots to die while being cheaper than the T70.

This faction is flawed on so many levels, its beyond me why you are still defending it so much.
Why cant you admit the fact that OKW is in its own league? That it was the root of the most balance problems since WFA launch`? Why do you think so many people are complaining about it? Because they are stupid??
12 Feb 2015, 22:44 PM

You want to say that Falsch with 18 dps at long range are useful only on urban maps?

12 Feb 2015, 22:53 PM

You can't even fight obers with inf I gave up with that a long time ago I fight them with tanks but generally they just mix in the 50 shrek mobs with them so at the present time you cant even do that until they fix the heat seeking hand cannon god missiles. You can try arty spamming but once they vet 4 or 5 there pretty much still not going to get wiped so just bend over.
13 Feb 2015, 00:28 AM

Not equally. Neither Soviets or USF have 5 levels of vet, Schreck baseline 23mp reinforce infantry, mobile headquarters (1 with a medium tank penetrating flak gun), 4 Units of elite and extreme dps infantry, PG Pioneer as starting unit, mobile suppression from the start on and the heaviest tanks available, one of them being non doctrinal.

Soviets may have snipers and call ins. And USF may have...yea what exactly do they have?

Im perfectly fine with facing any other of the factions. Im just feeling pissed when i have no chance to win anymore, because i failed to kill the Flak truck near the med truck fast enough. Or when im having a nice infantry force and suddenly 2 Obers come and literally melt everything. Or when a Luchs needs 3 AT Gun shots to die while being cheaper than the T70.

This faction is flawed on so many levels, its beyond me why you are still defending it so much.
Why cant you admit the fact that OKW is in its own league? That it was the root of the most balance problems since WFA launch`? Why do you think so many people are complaining about it? Because they are stupid??

That is why beating an OKW (Axis only) player feels ever more satisfying every game. Allies have to micro hell of allot more than Axis player and just think of this as sharpening your skills. Honestly, I have became a better player by playing Allies than I ever did playing Osth in the opening days of COH2.
13 Feb 2015, 12:34 PM

That is why beating an OKW (Axis only) player feels ever more satisfying every game. Allies have to micro hell of allot more than Axis player and just think of this as sharpening your skills. Honestly, I have became a better player by playing Allies than I ever did playing Osth in the opening days of COH2.

I do agree, although Wehrmacht can be quite tricky to play as these day as well.
13 Feb 2015, 16:25 PM

I wish I ever had this feeling because beating a Axis or OKW team in the supposed ~super hard and unbalanced team games~ is just as easy as doing it in 2's.
13 Feb 2015, 18:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I wish I ever had this feeling because beating a Axis or OKW team in the supposed ~super hard and unbalanced team games~ is just as easy as doing it in 2's.

If it's so easy, i guess you are in one of those top50 teams right?
As it has been stated before, it's not wether allies or axis can win, but the amount of effort, micro, cheese and ol meta one has to pull in order to win with one faction or another.
13 Feb 2015, 18:12 PM

If it's so easy, i guess you are in one of those top50 teams right?
As it has been stated before, it's not wether allies or axis can win, but the amount of effort, micro, cheese and ol meta one has to pull in order to win with one faction or another.

Not a single game I had last night was hard, and we were playing within the top 100. Allies have more than enough units you can abuse the hell out of like Axis do, at higher skill levels the amount of "viable" units between factions evens out pretty quick.

And I have to micro less as soviets because I normally have a nice general mix of units instead of a fuckload of just 1 or 2 types.
13 Feb 2015, 18:35 PM

I am pretty sure the whole community can agree USF requires more micro than OKW.
13 Feb 2015, 18:37 PM

I am pretty sure the whole community can agree USF requires more micro than OKW.

How does one faction that's based around spamming 1 or 2 units require any more micro than one that's also based around spamming 1 or 2 units.
13 Feb 2015, 18:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not a single game I had last night was hard, and we were playing within the top 100.

Do not try to lie, facts talks for themselves. Your best allied team is over 1000. Your best axis AT is top200 for 3v3.
Random 3v3+ is a nightmare (stats show supremacy of Axis) and 3v3+ AT you are mostly facing random non AT scrubs.
The fact you can gather 3 reasonable skill level guys and take them to top100 through only 10 games talks for itself about the state of balance, matchmaking and number of decent AT team (not bashing the players rather than the size of the playerbase).

And I have to micro less as soviets because I normally have a nice general mix of units instead of a fuckload of just 1 or 2 types.

It's been proved before that combined arms isn't reward as much as FOTM builds. If you have more different units you have to micro more, not less.

-.--.-.-.-.

"As it has been stated before, it's not wether allies or axis can win, but the amount of effort, micro, cheese and ol meta one has to pull in order to win with one faction or another."

I'm just gonna add, that OH on 1v1 and 2v2 has to be played with effort (at least on the so called stall game). As always, OKW is the only problem on 2v2+.
13 Feb 2015, 18:41 PM

How does one faction that's based around spamming 1 or 2 units require any more micro than one that's also based around spamming 1 or 2 units.

You should try playing USF for atleast 10+ games in a row and than come and tell me if they require more micro or not (not to mention the state of balance). Honestly, sometimes your Axis defending is just beyond unreasonable.
13 Feb 2015, 18:59 PM

You should try playing USF for atleast 10+ games in a row and than come and tell me if they require more micro or not (not to mention the state of balance). Honestly, sometimes your Axis defending is just beyond unreasonable.

I never said they didn't require a lot of micro, they do. But if you think managing a fuckload of infantry squads is easy for any faction your delusional. Good micro is needed at high skill levels no matter what faction you are playing, it's the key to success in any RTS.

There isn't some magic increased response time for OKW or Ostheer squads over Soviet and USF squads. If you are lazy and blob no matter what faction you are playing your going to get raped, hard.

Do not try to lie, facts talks for themselves. Your best allied team is over 1000. Your best axis AT is top200 for 3v3.
Random 3v3+ is a nightmare (stats show supremacy of Axis) and 3v3+ AT you are mostly facing random non AT scrubs.
The fact you can gather 3 reasonable skill level guys and take them to top100 through only 10 games talks for itself about the state of balance, matchmaking and number of decent AT team (not bashing the players rather than the size of the playerbase).

Allies versus Axis in randoms perfectly demonstrates the concept of the skill ceiling versus the skill floor. It's easier to play OKW (not ostheer), if you are of medium to low skill and still do okay, but not as easy to play as either of the allied factions. Now at equal high skill levels we can see that pretty much every faction is equal in performance except Ostheer.

And randoms are fucking nightmare in any RTS, which is the reason why I don't play with randoms. Gaben gave us the friends list for a reason my friend!

It's been proved before that combined arms isn't reward as much as FOTM builds. If you have more different units you have to micro more, not less.

-.--.-.-.-.

"As it has been stated before, it's not wether allies or axis can win, but the amount of effort, micro, cheese and ol meta one has to pull in order to win with one faction or another."

I'm just gonna add, that OH on 1v1 and 2v2 has to be played with effort (at least on the so called stall game). As always, OKW is the only problem on 2v2+.

Micro, cheese and meta is the staple of every single faction in the game period. I don't cheese any more as Soviets than I do as OKW. It's actually kind of more fun to play as soviets since I have a lot more toys in my toy box than I do when I play OKW. It's actually quite fun to abuse the hell out of the B4 and watch your enemies Panthers and Tigers cry as their shots bounce of the armor of my KV1's.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS