Login

russian armor

Quentin :"Blob is not noob"

6 Feb 2015, 16:01 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I think it depends on your definition of a blob, and everyone defines it differently. Rushing a position with 3-4 squads to try and kill a squad is one thing, rushing forward over and over again with a blob of 7 Cons is another. One is obvious noobishness, the other is a tactical timing push.

In general, I'll give a very broad Yes, that blobbing is not usually a tactic of highly skilled players. Does that mean only noobs do it? I'd not say that either.
6 Feb 2015, 16:10 PM

Blobbing is a very effective tactic when you blob in the right time, at the right spot and in the right way.

Of course, people look at a blob and think that it takes no skill, but trust me, in order to blob properly you need to blob in the right place, at the right time.

This doesn't apply for OKW who just blob all the time though Keepo.
6 Feb 2015, 16:53 PM

I would say that blob is not noob everytime but can be a good tactic.

Blob in some situations = noob

Blob in another situation = good

+ Why ppl complain about blob ? Because they loose some units because of this ?

That's mean that the blob was good in this case or that they are worse than the man who blobbed in a bad situation.
6 Feb 2015, 19:42 PM

if you see a weak point why not use it and mass your infantry /tanks to exploit it. its risky but can be rewarding.
6 Feb 2015, 21:06 PM
Patrion 310

Just play and whine less plz
6 Feb 2015, 22:32 PM

Blob is a high Risk (flamer, nades, arty, he tankshells, mines and all that nasty stuff) but also high reward tactic( outnumbering the enemy, chasing down squads or even squad wipes due to high firepower). At least, I am not so much annoyed by blobs, but other stuff, which if used correctly can be a pain in the arse. F.e Kubel push with Sturmpioneer rips USF if they are both microed well. Or the soviet AT-Nades have too high range in my opinion, maybe they are just bugged. So there is bigger cheese in the game than a blob from my point of view.
7 Feb 2015, 02:32 AM

There is a difference between concentration of forces and blobbing.

And yes, there should be better anti blob tools. Mines should give suppression etc
9 Feb 2015, 11:18 AM

There is a difference between concentration of forces and blobbing.

And yes, there should be better anti blob tools. Mines should give suppression etc

Agreed on both points. Overextension should be able to be punished by a concentrated push, but masses of Cons, Volks or Rifles running over everything in their path, including machine guns, isn't right.

I wish we had the Nebelwerfer from the first game- little initial damage, but a flame effect and a TON of supression.
9 Feb 2015, 11:41 AM

But you know, I realize that the problem in other mod than 1 vs 1, is that maps are too much small, so of course units are more regroup or really regroup in some cases.
10 Feb 2015, 00:49 AM

Blobing is N00b:

1) No skill A-Move all selected troops
2) Offers no flanking or strategic placing of troops (straight on blob attack).
3) Offers no capping potential
4) Gets crushed by tanks, burnt, kat, demo
5) No micro skill
6) Just dont blob or you will get owned by skilled players
10 Feb 2015, 01:04 AM

I am not a top player but it is obvious even for me.

1) Blob works now because of design of new factions.
2) Blob works now because anti blob weapons don't work.

When Relic fix those mentioned above blob will extinct.
10 Feb 2015, 15:53 PM

... so of course units are more regroup or really regroup in some cases.

10 Feb 2015, 16:26 PM

Dont really know what to vote but imo blob is as long considered noob as people running around with a blob of 5 volks plus shreks.
Notice that those (mostly) okw guys do this because they have made good experiences with volk shrek blobs and try to do it over over and over again just to win a fight against a better player.
1)Obers
2)vet 5 volks... en mass
3)shreks
Hardly possible without tank support to due obers.Sure, better player will win almost every game.

21 Feb 2015, 21:54 PM

I only blob if I know I'm about to win the battle easily.

Everyone can read how a fight is going, if I know you have nothing left and I see some enemy squads in the open I'm just going to order my blob to shoot at you GG

If the situation demands caution then obviously each squads gets into cover and is spaced out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★